ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

humanshoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to ask, does anyone know the narc locations for the overworlds, backsprites, trainersprites, and mugshots in BW2? A reply would be awesome. ty

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest progress from the site, as of 11:45pm PST:

• Items: 98%
  • Pokémon: 100%
  • Abilities: 100%
  • Trainers: 100%
  • Moves: 100%
  • Options: maybe 10% ?
  • Character dialogue: 0%
  • Graphics: 0%

There's also more screenshots. Be sure to check them out on the Pokestation website.

Edit 2:
To keep it short, at this point you should be able to (upon the next patch release):
- Battle without issue.
- Identify and buy items with no problem.
- Be able to identify all Pokemon.
- Determine abilities of Pokemon, which can be important when capturing.
- Determine names of trainers.
- Be sure if you want a move or not as to better develop your Pokemon.
- "Feel" your way through to the end of the game.
- Edit options to your liking (it says 10%, but the screenshot tells me it's likely more than that).

You still won't have the guidance of actual text unless you know Japanese, but I'd imagine that the actual text isn't too far off. It's good to remember that in a 309MB ROM, especially for a DS game, and especially for a Pokemon game, the amount of text is sure to be mountainous. Don't expect the character dialogue to go too terribly quickly. Do recall that the rest only went so fast, as we essentially had all of the English already. It just had to be inserted. At this point, it's the great unknown.

Jaden.

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Which program do you use to translate? I could do the Spanish translation by myself when you finish with the English one.

tuod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest progress from the site, as of 11:45pm PST:
  • Items: 98%
  • Pokémon: 100%
  • Abilities: 100%
  • Trainers: 100%
  • Moves: 100%
  • Options: maybe 10% ?
  • Character dialogue: 0%
  • Graphics: 0%
There's also more screenshots. Be sure to check them out on the Pokestation website.

Edit 2:
To keep it short, at this point you should be able to (upon the next patch release):
- Battle without issue.
- Identify and buy items with no problem.
- Be able to identify all Pokemon.
- Determine abilities of Pokemon, which can be important when capturing.
- Determine names of trainers.
- Be sure if you want a move or not as to better develop your Pokemon.
- "Feel" your way through to the end of the game.
- Edit options to your liking (it says 10%, but the screenshot tells me it's likely more than that).

You still won't have the guidance of actual text unless you know Japanese, but I'd imagine that the actual text isn't too far off. It's good to remember that in a 309MB ROM, especially for a DS game, and especially for a Pokemon game, the amount of text is sure to be mountainous. Don't expect the character dialogue to go too terribly quickly. Do recall that the rest only went so fast, as we essentially had all of the English already. It just had to be inserted. At this point, it's the great unknown.
Getting a black screen upon loading the game with this update. Used a clean B2 ROM. Also, noticed that it significantly reduced the filesize down to 300+MB... My guess is they're not using the latest AP patch. Still waiting for updates.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't believe that they are, as far as the AP patch goes. If somebody hasn't, it'd be best to notify them on their topic, since I don't know how often they check over here (remember to just say the latest AP patch, and don't mention that ROM site). As for the size reduction, I believe this is the same thing as with the B/W translation patch: it patches and trims the ROM. Your ROM should be 309 or 310MB after applying the patch. That's the trimmed ROM size.

tuod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't believe that they are, as far as the AP patch goes. If somebody hasn't, it'd be best to notify them on their topic, since I don't know how often they check over here (remember to just say the latest AP patch, and don't mention that ROM site). As for the size reduction, I believe this is the same thing as with the B/W translation patch: it patches and trims the ROM. Your ROM should be 309 or 310MB after applying the patch. That's the trimmed ROM size.
Yes, thanks. I signed up on their forum just to tell them that. Hope we get a fix soon. Will go back to the previous working version for now.

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I first apply the full APP and then use this translation on it?
No idea. Give it a shot and let us know your results.

Testing now. Seems to work so far =3.
Still rather have .narc file and edit manually as that seems to work 100%. Yet I'm afraid that the re-patch also changed the APP =/.

tuod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there anyway someone (most likely the creators) can release this patch without it trimming the rom because trimmed Black and White roms don't like to work on my R4

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
is there anyway someone (most likely the creators) can release this patch without it trimming the rom because trimmed Black and White roms don't like to work on my R4

Trimming the rom should not make a difference as it only removes unused space.

tuod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I first apply the full APP and then use this translation on it?
No idea. Give it a shot and let us know your results.

Testing now. Seems to work so far =3.
Still rather have .narc file and edit manually as that seems to work 100%. Yet I'm afraid that the re-patch also changed the APP =/.
Cool. Testing it now as well.
It failed to even patch properly. Oh well. Haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol