ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Sure Hope that Seigaiha US Name don´t be Like Floocesy,there is Some Good Names already Localized Like Aspertia and Virbank

loco365

Trophies
XP
Seeing that text for the English translation is at 48%, about how far into the game would one be able to go before finding Japanese text?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this i am wondering if you can post the player talking to NPC's in the screenshots if you can. thank you.

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Kinda Messed Up a Little,the English Name of Sangi Town and Sangi Ranch is Called Floccesy Town/Ranch and Not Floocesy

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo Power Has Revealed that Hidden Hollows will be Known in the English Version of Pokemon Black 2/White 2 as Hidden Grotto

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They started the project with only a 3 month window until official English release. I'm sure they'll see the project through to completion.
I'm very doubtful after it took so long just to get 2.3 out there.

I swear the Black/White translation projected headed by Kazowar was much faster than this, just translating the main storyline.

Reactions: 2 people

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it may not be 100% by the time of official release. I don't see them dropping it altogether though. It does seem to have slowed a lot though. Maybe it was just blazing fast at the start, so it seems slow now that it's at a normal pace. If I remember right, the bulk of b/w1 was done before it released but they still updated even after the official release. I really only play the game to get hacked pkmn and items for friends anyway so the wait isn't a big deal to me.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Glad to see the two translation teams have merged. But as some people know, more manpower ≠ more efficient/faster ...
I see that 45% of the text has been translated, I wonder till where it goes, if it could have been done linearly? As last time I checked I was like, stucked on the 3rd route at the farm, didn't know what to do, and didn't want to bother check a walkthrough.

Anyway, good luck everyone, and good job nonetheless even if the official release is nearing.

Yeah, I should totally get rid of the hex edit method in my sig, it's so obsolete by now lol

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
They started the project with only a 3 month window until official English release. I'm sure they'll see the project through to completion.

I swear the Black/White translation projected headed by Kazowar was much faster than this, just translating the main storyline.
Very much faster! They had a ton done in about a month and not until after they'd gotten far enough for people to play did they do the un-necesary stuff. But I'm still thankful for this.

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States

Very much faster! They had a ton done in about a month and not until after they'd gotten far enough for people to play did they do the un-necesary stuff. But I'm still thankful for this.

There are lots of reasons. First it was just one team, PP. Which had a lot more experience in translation and made most the tools that are currently in use. Since there was no infighting and no split of contributors (though PS took most of them this time, because they started first), they (or we, as I am from PP) could focus entirely on the project instead of the constantly bickering between projects, of which there was a great deal. By the time we merged most of our more experienced translators and editors wanted nothing to do with PS. Which means a lot of the hard talent we had from the first one wasn't available (we kept ahead for the longest time with, as Kyo himself claimed, 1/100th of the contributors, give you an idea how skilled these people were). We also lacked amazingly skilled main contributor (vgperson) this time around who last time translated the grand majority of the story of B&W.

tl;dr
Basically, there was just a huge lack of very experienced translators, hackers and editors this time around, and the split projects fatally wounded production.

As for the in fighting well, PP feels PS should have asked them to start with (or switched over to just helping) and PS thinks PP was a bit too pompous (far as I understand). In short, both sides figured they could do it better then the other.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
From pokestation.net

"The translation project has come to an end. The project depended on contributions from translators, and since we no longer have any contributions - we have decided to close this project.

It was fun while it lasted and we thank you for your amazing support throughout the process! It was a big thing for us this summer and we hope that we can, in the future, attempt to completely translate another game.

If you're experiencing any trouble with our patches, our Pokemon Black 2 & White Translation Project Q&A Thread! will still be open to answer any of your questions regarding our patch. Please note that the thread is for b2w2 translation patches only and not for general ROM issues. If you have a problem with your ROM, post a thread about it and someone will assist you."

Well that makes this thread completely pointless now.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From pokestation.net

"The translation project has come to an end. The project depended on contributions from translators, and since we no longer have any contributions - we have decided to close this project.

It was fun while it lasted and we thank you for your amazing support throughout the process! It was a big thing for us this summer and we hope that we can, in the future, attempt to completely translate another game.

If you're experiencing any trouble with our patches, our Pokemon Black 2 & White Translation Project Q&A Thread! will still be open to answer any of your questions regarding our patch. Please note that the thread is for b2w2 translation patches only and not for general ROM issues. If you have a problem with your ROM, post a thread about it and someone will assist you."

Well that makes this thread completely pointless now.

O.O well dayum. everyone probably pulled out because its coming out next month. well at least they tried

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: LMFAO