ROM Hack [Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Cobi and Tara's Marvelous Mysterious Key [WIP | v0.4]

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need joker 3 pro first, also i dont think anyone wants to do that project since the switch version its a lot better

but the official DQXI translation we got is full of censorship and needless changes... it kinda waters down the whole experience. ᴵ'ᵐ ˢʰᵒᶜᵏᵉᵈ ᶦᵗ ᵈᶦᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵃⁿ ᵘᵖʳᵒᵃʳ ᵒⁿ ᵗʷᶦᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵇʰ, ᶦᵗ ᵐᵉˢˢᵉᵈ ᵘᵖ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵛᵉʳʸ ˢᵉⁿˢᶦᵗᶦᵛᵉ ᵗᵒᵖᶦᶜˢ ᵇᶦᵍ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ

not to mention the 3ds version has the best visuals of any of the DQXI editions ( and a couple of differences/additions that didn't make the transition to the switch ).
and as they explain, it's more likely they'll be unmotivated to work on j3p since it's just a small upgrade from j3, idk

Joker 3 pro would be nice, I want it in english too
but I want DQXI 3D so much more.

ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᶦⁿᶜᵉ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗᵒᵖᶦᶜ ᵒᶠ ʲ³ᵖ, ᶦˢⁿ'ᵗ ᶦᵗ ᶠᵘⁿⁿʸ ʰᵒʷ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᶠʳᵉᵃᵏ ʲᵘˢᵗ ˢᵗᵒˡᵉ ᵈʸⁿᵃᵐᵃˣᶦⁿᵍ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᶦᵗˀ

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Going to go ahead and post cheats and a post-game save file before this thread is closed.
Hope sharing this helps more people enjoy this project !
There are a few CFW app that let you import save data
"Checkpoint" seems to work with no issue.

Attachments

• DQM2_Full_Library_Save.zip
    190.8 KB · Views: 175
  • DQM2_Cheats3.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 223

Cookie1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there, could it be that the patched Version of the Game ist kinda taking a shitton of time to load between Stages?
could be my PC tho.
Am in Love with the Work btw <3

Rabb1t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What what what what?! Oh!! Oh goodness!!! I never thought I'd see the day!!! After listening to the podcasts, watching that old thread for-EVER! Man!!!!! This is an absolute delight! I might even ask off work to play this, get some crummy old junk food like I had as a kid and enjoy DQM2 all over AGAIN! Oh, I can not express how happy this makes me. I know what I'm gonna be busy with for the next weeks... months even!

Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Plattym3!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What what what what?! Oh!! Oh goodness!!! I never thought I'd see the day!!! After listening to the podcasts, watching that old thread for-EVER! Man!!!!! This is an absolute delight! I might even ask off work to play this, get some crummy old junk food like I had as a kid and enjoy DQM2 all over AGAIN! Oh, I can not express how happy this makes me. I know what I'm gonna be busy with for the next weeks... months even!

Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
This came out April 1. By May 1 I was done, after 70ish hours. So fun, enjoy!

Reactions: Ich_73

GloomIsJesus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big fan of the Monsters series! Have been playing a lot of Joker 3P after finding out there was a translation for that, and while scouring, noticed that there was also a project in the works to translate this! Really appreciate the work that the team has put in.

With that said, I'm having a bit of trouble with the GamePatcher.exe. I have the .3DS file, GamePatcher, and the v1.0 EN patch zip in the same folder, and when running GP, it gives me a "WinError 10013 An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions", and fails to finish. Running in Admin does not help as well, anyone have tips?

Ich_73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@GloomIsJesus
I never came across that error while testing, but I suspect it occurs right at the beginning when you start Game Patcher where it tries to download the tools.

First, you should make sure that you have an internet connection when you run Game Patcher.
If you do and it doesn't work you can try to download the tools manually.

I assume you use a 64-bit version of windows. Have a look at the four tools listed in the Readme, click on each link in paranthesis to get to the dowload websites for the specific version, download the zip, extract it, put the exe file in the same folder your .3ds file is in, and rename it to xdelta.exe, 3dstool.exe, ctrtool.exe, and makerom.exe accordingly.

Also, note that there is another thread for the finished translation: DQM2: Cobi and Tara's Marvelous Mysterious Key

HeWhoSucksBlood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change it so I can use the circle pad in menus as well as the field or am I seriously forced to swap over to the shitty d pad for every battle?

Zennistrad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You receive the ♂ Staff / ♀ Staff from Papa after clearing the 2nd / 7th Scout Quest (see Guide/Quests).
You can find the Phoenix Sceptre after completing the game and breaking the boulder near Rottney.

Awesome thanks. Sucks that you can't get the phoenix sceptre until the postgame, but I think it makes sense why they did this.

On that note, do you know where you can find the various class scrolls that teach the skills needed for the Ultra Stat Boost skillsets? (Warrior/Priest/Thief/Sage/etc.) The Google docs spreadsheet doesn't say where these scrolls are available, except for the Warrior's Scroll which is rewarded for a quest

dGreyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to go ahead and post cheats and a post-game save file before this thread is closed.
Hope sharing this helps more people enjoy this project !
There are a few CFW app that let you import save data
"Checkpoint" seems to work with no issue.
are the cheats for 1.1 or 1.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...