Hacking Transfering a CFW 2ds to another CFW 3ds?

d4nielr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been looking everywhere on how to do this, bascially i just want all my 'no-legit' cias transferred to a new ds any ideas?
ive looked everywhere and it says extract tickets install tickets? but im just getting more lost and its hurting my head
so if anyone could help that would be great

thankyou.

d4nielr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is there not an easier way with system transfer and transferring tickets? i have a tickets.db but fbi wont let me put it in ctrnand.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System Transfer doesn't work with pirated games.

There's a way to share encrypted files between two or more 3DS systems. You hex edit the encryption key in something called the movable.sed found in SysNAND CTRNAND that can be accessed with GodMode9.

I don't recommend this method except for dire cases when someone's trying to recover their game saves that weren't backed up with a save manager.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I don't think two 3DS can have the same key for their movable.sed at the same time when accessing online services like the Nintendo eShop. I don't recall whether a ban can happen or only the one with the NNID tied to the source movable.sed key retains access to eShop.

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

d4nielr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
System Transfer doesn't work with pirated games.

There's a way to share encrypted files between two or more 3DS systems. You hex edit the encryption key in something called the movable.sed found in SysNAND CTRNAND that can be accessed with GodMode9.

I don't recommend this method except for dire cases when someone's trying to recover their game saves that weren't backed up with a save manager.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I don't think two 3DS can have the same key for their movable.sed at the same time when accessing online services like the Nintendo eShop. I don't recall whether a ban can happen or only the one with the NNID tied to the source movable.sed key retains access to eShop.

so i did all that and made cia backups through godmode the bad thing is now they wont install through fbi on my other 3ds... they dont show up on the homescreen any ideas?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i did all that and made cia backups through godmode the bad thing is now they wont install through fbi on my other 3ds... they dont show up on the homescreen any ideas?

Which approach did you use?

If you went with the route in post #2, did you build your CIAs as "standard" instead of "legit"?
  • Legit CIAs only work for the 3DS it was made from. Personal info is tied to them.
  • Standard CIAs are universally installable for any 3DS with custom firmware.

If you went the route in post #6 with the movable.sed editing, just be warned you can get both your 3DS banned.
  • There's an GodMode9 feature that does something called CMAC calculation and correction. I'm not quite sure how well it works, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

d4nielr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Which approach did you use?

If you went with the route in post #2, did you build your CIAs as "standard" instead of "legit"?
  • Legit CIAs only work for the 3DS it was made from. Personal info is tied to them.
  • Standard CIAs are universally installable for any 3DS with custom firmware.

If you went the route in post #6 with the movable.sed editing, just be warned you can get both your 3DS banned.
  • There's an GodMode9 feature that does something called CMAC calculation and correction. I'm not quite sure how well it works, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
i think i know why its not working the cias i used was just update.. and not the full game oops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head