Hacking Transfer SysNand save game from Gateway -> Sky3DS

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I have been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Gateway 3DS for a while now.

Just picked up a N3DS and therefore also had to pick up a Sky3DS, as it is per today the only flash cart currently working on the new console.

I am wondering, how do you transfer this save game data from Gateway over to Sky3DS?

I know AC:NL does not use a "standard" .sav-file but instead uses the NAND in some way. Is it even possible to do it, or will the save game file forever be linked to the Gateway-cartridge?

Cheers

BOUNTY! $10 to your PayPal if you help me solve this!

pcmantinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerfootprint.com
XP
Country
United States
You could try SaveDataFiler, but I can't confirm this works with Gateway to Sky3DS. You'd need CFW for importing to a retail cart or Sky3DS though as I installed SaveDataFiler to my emuNAND. I don't think that Sky3DS works in Gateway emuNAND in Gateway mode since the Sky3DS emulates a retail cart. Gateway classic can run retail carts, but it can't run CIAs, hence the need for CFW.

I have successfully used SaveDataFiler to backup saves from Pokemon Omega Ruby to SD card. After copying the save to my computer, I made PkHEX edits and re-imported from SD card through SaveDataFiler. Just make sure to export unencrypted from SaveDataFiler and you should be able to import to another cart or potentially Sky3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk