Hacking Transfer/Install MaiDumps Via USB

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I have looked all over this forum and been on google for about an hour and a half now. But I can't find EXACTLY what I am looking for... Only variations of the answer.

Basically I have my backup of FF X HD as a MaiDump (PCSE00293 Folder with all the backups data files and folders inside). I am looking for a way to transfer this folder into my ux0:/mai folder through USB.

I keep finding ways of converting the MaiDump folder to a vpk and transferring using the common and obvious solutions.. (WinSCP/PSVita FTP VPK Installer/etc). But that's obviously still FTP and not USB.

I am also finding ways of transferring the eboot.bin that is INSIDE the MaiDump folder through QCMA by putting the MaiDump folder into My Documents/Ps Vita/PSAVES, then transferring through Content Manager on my Vita. But when I tried that it wasn't working (Vita could not find any files in the specified folders) Which is the same issue that other people were having on the random Reddit posts that I have read about that option.

So yeah. I am just wondering if ANYBODY knows a way that I can transfer a FOLDER to my Vita through USB. So then I can transfer my entire MaiDump backup of FF X HD to my Vita through USB.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
PSTV or normal Vita?

Normal Vita, install the latest VitaShell, press Select to choose USB, then hit Start while your Vita is plugged into your PC. This will mount your Vita's memory card as a USB device, so you can transfer stuff via USB to it.

PSTV, you can use the latest VitaShell to have your Vita mounted as uma0:, then remove the USB drive and put it in your PC, transfer it over, plug it back into the PSTV and remount and it should be there.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSTV or normal Vita?

Normal Vita, install the latest VitaShell, press Select to choose USB, then hit Start while your Vita is plugged into your PC. This will mount your Vita's memory card as a USB device, so you can transfer stuff via USB to it.

PSTV, you can use the latest VitaShell to have your Vita mounted as uma0:, then remove the USB drive and put it in your PC, transfer it over, plug it back into the PSTV and remount and it should be there.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have a normal Vita. One of the originals with the OLED also. Anyways, doing what you said in vitashell, is what I tried originally. It doesn't show my Vita in my PC. Just my C: drive. My PC DOES recognize my Vita though, because QCMA pops up showing that my Vita is connected and says something along the lines of (Vita connected: PCV160) or something like that... then it says "96 files added to library". But yeah.... nothing shows for my Vita or Vita memory card in the PC window (My Computer).

I am on Windows 10 if that helps at all.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Close QCMA, that might be hijacking it.

Okay thanks I will try that in a few min. Here is another issue that I JUST ran into after replying to you last time...

So I couldn't figure out the USB transfer of the MaiDump for FF X HD. So I used VitaOrganizer and converted the MaiDump to VPK. Then I used PSVita FTP VPK Installer ( https://github.com/Llop1s/FTP-PSVita-VPK-Installer ). Which I have used for days now and has always worked everytime. It basically installs the VPK through FTP, without having to transfer the VPK to my Vita and taking up double the space until the installation is done so then I can delete the original VPK. But anyways, it JUST completed successfully, but I am looking on my Vita home menu, and the bubble for FFX HD is not there. Is there a certain place that PSN games go on a Vita or something? Or am I actually having another issue here?

P.S. - Sorry I jsut got my first Vita like a week and a half ago, so I am quite new to all this.
But I do have multiple PSP's and 3DS's so I am not new to the homebrew and hacking scene.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay thanks I will try that in a few min. Here is another issue that I JUST ran into after replying to you last time...

So I couldn't figure out the USB transfer of the MaiDump for FF X HD. So I used VitaOrganizer and converted the MaiDump to VPK. Then I used PSVita FTP VPK Installer ( https://github.com/Llop1s/FTP-PSVita-VPK-Installer ). Which I have used for days now and has always worked everytime. It basically installs the VPK through FTP, without having to transfer the VPK to my Vita and taking up double the space until the installation is done so then I can delete the original VPK. But anyways, it JUST completed successfully, but I am looking on my Vita home menu, and the bubble for FFX HD is not there. Is there a certain place that PSN games go on a Vita or something? Or am I actually having another issue here?

P.S. - Sorry I jsut got my first Vita like a week and a half ago, so I am quite new to all this.
But I do have multiple PSP's and 3DS's so I am not new to the homebrew and hacking scene.

EDIT : Okay I just restarted my Vita and now the bubble popped up. So that is all working. Thanks for the replies though, I am going to try the method you told me on my next backup install that is a MaiDump.

Thanks a bunch bud!

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just tried what you said, and not running QCMA, and my PC doesnt recognize the Vita unless QCMA is open. It makes the sound like it knows I plugged a USB device in, but it doesn't show in "my computer".

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just tried what you said, and not running QCMA, and my PC doesnt recognize the Vita unless QCMA is open. It makes the sound like it knows I plugged a USB device in, but it doesn't show in "my computer".

EDIT: It's okay, never mind. I figured out how to get it working to transfer the MAiDump folder through QCMA with the PSP Save method. It wasn't working before because I had the MaiDump folder inside of the wrong folder on my PC, so QCMA wasn't detecting any PSP Saved to transfer to my Vita. But now I got the MaiDump in the right place and it's working. Thanks for the help though!

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try it on a USB 2.1 port. I got the problem you state with a 3.0 port. After i switched, it recogniced my vita through explorer and i could switch files with rougly 6,5Mb/s.
Edit: 6,5Mb/s is when using Vitashell 1.51 or highter.

Last edited by 71r3n,

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it on a USB 2.1 port. I got the problem you state with a 3.0 port. After i switched, it recogniced my vita through explorer and i could switch files with rougly 6,5Mb/s.
Edit: 6,5Mb/s is when using Vitashell 1.51 or highter.
I tried both, sadly... ;'[ Still haven't figured it out. I have given up on it for now... Been using like 3 different methods for transferring files from pc to Vita lol.

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried both, sadly... ;'[ Still haven't figured it out. I have given up on it for now... Been using like 3 different methods for transferring files from pc to Vita lol.

Do you have "Charging over USB" in Systemsettings activated?
Mine disconnected all the time, when active.
Its the last thing i could think of.
Sorry if it doesnt help you m8.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have "Charging over USB" in Systemsettings activated?
Mine disconnected all the time, when active.
Its the last thing i could think of.
Sorry if it doesnt help you m8.
Installing a backup in Vitashell currently so I can't check, I remember changing that setting like a week ago but idk if I turned it on or off lol. I will check after.

Thanks a bunch either way! ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 nope