Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I hawe Windows7 ultimate 64bit and i want to install 32bit, but the thing is, how can i make a backup of windowssettings and everything tha can be backed up so when i install my fresh coppy of windows so i dont need to setup the whole windows from the beginning. and if its possible to transfer ann installed software..

How do i do this? did someone had any experience?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering...why would you want to install a 32bit OS instead of 64bit?

As for backing up your settings, there are programs like http://backsettings.com/expert-settings-backup.html that will backup just about every setting in your user profile.

I think you can backup your user profiles/libraries in Window's Backup and Restore, but I'm not sure if that includes all system settings as well.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your system support 64 bit There is no reason for 32 bit, if you want to use 16 bit apps, just install someting named "Windows XP Mode", it's official from microsoft.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There are some older programs that do not run well in 64-bit, but run perfectly in 32-bit. I've encountered a few when trying to run certain Japanese programs.

I think a better option might be creating a VM (Virtual Machine) to run XP 32-bit, which has the highest compatibility of all OSes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-