TOTK 60fps on real hardware?

mariorqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes ST7 is in the AIO downloader of 4ifir, it has more ram frecuencies that reduce CPU usage this is why is vital for this mode. Without it you will have more fps drops.
Thank you. I will set that up now.

EDIT: I got it in 60fps in handheld mode but not in docked mode still. Clock speed is maxed.

Last edited by mariorqs,

uriel831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any special settings besides max overclock?
4ifir s7 was just maxed overclocked with no special settings. I forgot to mention that when using ultra-hand on any object it would make the game run in 30fps slow-mo but then run normally when not using it.

Last edited by uriel831,

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a V1 erista switch, does that lock me out of using 60fps for this game specifically? I'd like to try Switch OC suite or 4ifir but it wouldn't make sense to attempt it if it just isn't possible. Been running sys-clk exclusively for 60fps patches up to this point.

Give it to me straight Doc..

Last edited by Mike_77712,

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on a V1 erista switch, does that lock me out of using 60fps for this game specifically? I'd like to try Switch OC suite or 4ifir but it wouldn't make sense to attempt it if it just isn't possible. Been running sys-clk exclusively for 60fps patches up to this point.

Give it to me straight Doc..
it locks you out of nothing.
you wont achieve overclocks a shigh as mariko units and temps will be higher, but thats about it

Reactions: Mike_77712

mariorqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JotaGBA Sorry to bother you but if I still get slowdown at max settings and governor turned off, what else can be done? Its definitely 60 if im in the menu or whenever Link isnt on screen.

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eristabros...it's over. I'm sticking with 30fps and higher graphics. I even tried switch oc suite
1683917867328.png

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a program called FPSlocker which when "sync on wait" is disabled lets you manually set the framerate the game runs at.
Setting TOTK to 60fps that way naturally speeds the game up immensely because it wasnt designed to run at that speed, but that doesnt matter, because whats relevant here is what it takes to make the game run at 60fps!

... not much. it will happily do so at docked speeds. 768mhz gpu, 1020 cpu.
Even the worst erista the world has EVER seen will reach those speeds.
Thats for handheld 720p output and we havent even begun to OC at this point.

We are definitely able to get 60fps on any version of the switch and with some OC, not even all that much, we will see 60fps at 1080p, too.

All we need is a proper fixed 60fps patch to get rid of bugs and glitches.

Reactions: Mike_77712

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if we will be able to get 60 FPS easily or not at max res, but we sure need is a fixed 60 FPS mode because if it was properly unlocked to 60 FPS what would be the reason for the game to run at like 15 FPS instead of even the original 30 at same clocks...

We need a proper patch that completely gets rid of the Vsync.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I could be wrong but it doesn’t seem like the slow mo is even 60fps related. The FPS counter doesn’t move past 30, surely it would go from 30-40+ etc, it wouldn’t just go slow mo right?
The game won't go past 30 FPS if it can't handle any more. The physics are tied to the framerate, so doubling the framerate requires halving the physics speed. The game is designed to run at 20-30 FPS, which with the 60 FPS patch becomes 40-60 FPS, so below that the game doesn't seem to handle it well.
The 60 FPS patches aren't perfect yet, maybe this will be fixed.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have 60FPS cheat
It's on the first page posted by @JotaGBA

But you will only get it working fine on Switch on very low crappy resolution and max OC or else the game runs slow...
The game won't go past 30 FPS if it can't handle any more. The physics are tied to the framerate, so doubling the framerate requires halving the physics speed. The game is designed to run at 20-30 FPS, which with the 60 FPS patch becomes 40-60 FPS, so below that the game doesn't seem to handle it well.
The 60 FPS patches aren't perfect yet, maybe this will be fixed.
Damn that sux... I hope they could do a 0 to 60 FPS patch without Vsync and with the physics being slowdown properly with the frame rate achieved so that it could run from 0 to 60 at whatever FPS in any particular moment without any slowdown.

Anyway the Vsync alone is usually a good FPS eater...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo