Hacking Total Noob Questions about 3DS and Homebrew

SwordSkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well I'm totally new at this stuff and it seems really complicated to me, meaning that the only thing you had to do with PSP is simply downloading a CFW and then you were free to go, but in 3DS you have to do a HELL LOT of stuff before you can actually get to play any DS game and also many of the flashcards don't work.

ok First of all:

1. Whats is the most recommended card that have many chances to work?
2. What is the firmware required for that flashcard to work? [I currently have Ver. 1.1.0-0E (Is this a firmware right?)]
3. If we are talking about Acekard 2i it is said that it doesn't work with HW44 (Source: ~snip~) Is that true?
4. If it's true then what is HW44 in the first place? Some kind of extension in firmware? For example if I had a Ver. 1.1.0-0E-HW44 then Acekard 2i wouldn't work on mine?

Thanks for spending your time reading all of this, I really appreciate your help in this site
smile.gif
. And sorry if these questions sound totally noob for you but I gotta start from somewhere. Don't wanna end up spending 40$ only to realize that it wasn't for my 3DS. Not to mention the bricking possibility.

Thanks in advance!

chauffler

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well theres no chance you'll brick it unless you did something really really really stupid like trying to flash your hardware with ds flashing software but no one would do that

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.SuperCard DSTWO & Acecard2i are two I know of.
2.Both are updated to work on the newest firmware.
3.Acecard has problems with HW44 and remove your link before you get a warn.
4.HW44 is a problem with the acecard itself if you have one you could probably request a new one

SwordSkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do all the files required to upgrade the firmware in product?
Meaning for example if I buy SuperCard DSTWO it will have the files inside? And I simply will have to put it to root of SD card and then I'm ready to make a folder like "DS Games" and put iso in?

Or do I have to do some kind of patching? And if I do what is the process?

In other words just by putting a file into root changes it's firmware or additional process is required? and if yes what is that?

EDIT: Also should I accept Nintendo's license agreement or it will prevent me to "hack" the system by means of downloading hidden software that will perform a scan on my system on a regular basis or something?

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Supercard, but if its anything like mine, then yes, putting some files and folders on your SD card root will change the firmware.

From there it's just drag and drop a .nds game on the card and play.
and Nintendo won't scan your system. It's just like the PSP don't update with official firmware, and it will still work.

SwordSkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OtakuGamerZ said:
I don't have a Supercard, but if its anything like mine, then yes, putting some files and folders on your SD card root will change the firmware.

From there it's just drag and drop a .nds game on the card and play.
and Nintendo won't scan your system. It's just like the PSP don't update with official firmware, and it will still work.

Ok one final question: Are these files included with the flashcard product right? If not where can I download them? (Also it seems a little absurd to me just by putting a life to root to allow it change firmware. But I'll take your word.)
I really do hope that these files are inside something like an extra disk inside the product so I won't have to keep looking around for the firmware.

Thanks so much for your help, you solved almost all my questions, now I can start looking brightly into the world of the "underworld"
tongue.gif

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some guides for Supercard DSTWO and Acecard2i These will help you set up your card once you get it. Firmware and everything else you might need.

EDIT: just now realized this is in the 3DS section. Just so you know you cannot play 3DS games yet. Only DS games.

SwordSkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OtakuGamerZ said:
Here are some guides for Supercard DSTWO and Acecard2i These will help you set up your card once you get it. Firmware and everything else you might need.

EDIT: just now realized this is in the 3DS section. Just so you know you cannot play 3DS games yet. Only DS games.

Yes I'm well aware of the current inability to 3DS to be able to play 3DS iso games atm. I was actually hoping on playing some good old games like Golden Sun Universe, FF3 DS edition, And Kingdom Hearts 3456/7 (Whatever...) days or months or whatever...

Thanks for the guides I'm gonna read them right away, hope the actual products will possess the firmware files by themselves! Or not? Well anyway, Thanks so much for your fast replies!

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the flashcard fw update file do not come with the card ,you have to go to the support site for the crd ,like supercard site and download the update file for your card then put it on the root of your micro sd card ,and you may need to use a dsi or ds or ds lite to perform the fw update, also be aware of their bad english they may refer to it as fireware and not firmware on the scdstwo site
and you may also be required to put the latest eos on the card also when you do the fw update, the eos is the operating system for the card, and the fw is like the bios , so to do an update ona scdstwo you put the latest eos on your card , then put the fw update file ,its 1 file on the root of your card and put it in a ds or ds lite or dsi and turn it on ,then it will ask you to do the update just say yes and make sure its plugged in and you dont turn off the system during the update or you will brick your card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: