Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE story trailer

Nintendo and Atlus' Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei crossover game, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE received an English story trailer today. The game is due out in North America and Europe on Nintendo Wii U on June 24, 2016.
You and the rising stars you call friends will need to call on your own creative power—manifested as iconic Fire Emblem characters—to wage a secret war on rogue spirits that feed on creativity. Each encounter will immerse you in deep, turn-based battles that blend the combat of the Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei series into one brutal harmony. Fuse items to craft new weaponry; then play to your strengths and crush your foes. Around every corner you'll find fun nods to multiple fandoms, including Fire Emblem references, dungeons themed to the entertainment industry, and stunning music performances.

• A brand-new Atlus RPG inspired by the Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem™ series
  • Play to your strengths in high-energy turn-based battles against rogue enemies
  • Call on your creative power—manifested as iconic Fire Emblem™ characters—to save your city
  • Exploit enemy weaknesses and destroy them with powerful, flashy, entertainment-themed attacks
  • Fuse items to craft increasingly strong weapons and abilities

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I could backup my copy and play through Loadiine theres no way to play that DLC since theres no way to play with DLC. I'd totally pay for it too if it werent for the damn region locking.
Oh shit, I totally forgot about that. Tsk, too bad the creators of Loadiine put that major restriction in terms of DLC.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit, I totally forgot about that. Tsk, too bad the creators of Loadiine put that major restriction in terms of DLC.
That "restriction" isnt intentional as far as I know. It has more to do with how to access that additional data.

Do you think Loadiine was created in the first place for legitimate game owners?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That "restriction" isnt intentional as far as I know. It has more to do with how to access that additional data.

Do you think Loadiine was created in the first place for legitimate game owners?
iirc, the creators have a special private build which let them use DLC without actually owning it. Don't quote me on that though.

I consider Loadiine more of a way to play out of region games (such as TMS for example), or injections for the Virtual Consoles.

You're limited on what you can do with Loadiine anyways, such as no online, no DLC, patches can break the game, and no Miiverse. Not really an ideal way of playing, imo.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the creators have a special private build which let them use DLC without actually owning it. Don't quote me on that though.

I consider Loadiine more of a way to play out of region games (such as TMS for example), or injections for the Virtual Consoles.

You're limited on what you can do with Loadiine anyways, such as no online, no DLC, patches can break the game, and no Miiverse. Not really an ideal way of playing, imo.
This is as close to region free as its gonna get so its good enough for me. I'll just play with the DLC at a later time whenever that gets figured out.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Afaik the age of some characters have been changed to 18 from 17, and voice lines were re-recorded by the Japanese voice actors to reflect this. There might be other changes to the script as well, but I haven't really followed it much because I usually just get angry when I read about censorship in general lol.

Reactions: Supster131

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's gonna be a great musical.
I ordered the fortissimo edition to get the musical on CD.
Also, for those idols the artbook and song cards are a must.... says the proud weaboo.

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They localized a game just for me. How sweet.
I'm not really sure I want to buy this game since they decided to edit so much of it.
I hope someone will find a way to copy over the JPN textures to the western release :D

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll handle a restoration patch to at least swap the character models.
More details here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/
I don't know why anymore, but even if I find the censorship plain stupid, it fails to annoy me.
Really, I put all my energy in trying to make it annoy me, but in the end I can't.
I suppose I will have to enjoy my European version of the game as it is.
I tried, but seriously, I couldn't make myself to hate changes like these with heart, the most I could do is say "oh, that change is so silly"

SW2: Well @sarkwalvein, you say that, but if Nintendo keeping up with the scamming age of video games, decided to keep selling censored games in the west and later released "uncensor DLC packs" would you buy them?
SW1: Oh, please, don't give them ideas! Of course I will call that out loud as a pathetic scam typical of these days, and I will do so while I am buying the DLC!

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
SW2: Well @sarkwalvein, you say that, but if Nintendo keeping up with the scamming age of video games, decided to keep selling censored games in the west and later released "uncensor DLC packs" would you buy them?
SW1: Oh, please, don't give them ideas! Of course I will call that out loud as a pathetic scam typical of these days, and I will do so while I am buying the DLC!
To tell the truth they could do something like that. Launch the game censored and also launch a decensor DLC that is only downloadable with +18 accounts.
That way everyone is happy.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I have officially desisted from ever buying this game due to how heavily censored Nintendo made it to be. Not only is this a very niche game but also for a very niche audience so censoring it will surely make it even better!

Congrats, Nintendo.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have officially desisted from ever buying this game due to how heavily censored Nintendo made it to be. Not only is this a very niche game but also for a very niche audience so censoring it will surely make it even better!

Congrats, Nintendo.
I will buy. Actually I already did.
Sure, buying gives a message, but what message does it give?
Both:
  1. It is ok to censor these niche games.
  2. It is ok to bring these niche games to the west.
Of course I don't want to send the first message, but sure I want to send the second one.
So which one is stronger?
I find that for me it is more important first to send the message that I want those games in the west and later I will find the way to make it known that I don't want any censorship.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm voting with my wallet. That's the message.
Yeah, exactly, that's is what I meant.
And I vote for bringing the games to the west, even though I dislike the censorship.
The other alternative is voting for not bringing the games to the west.
Of course you can see it in a different way.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Nintendo might as well have not bothered considering they butchered it so much.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The treatment of Tsubasa's wedding-style dress in #FE was so sloppy that it's hard for me to accept that the altered content isn't anything more than "localization" as opposed to censorship.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the game and here's my thoughts. I don't mind that its a pop idol game. I don't mind that its channeling Persona harder than it channels SMT or Fire Emblem. I don't mind that the story is mosty pretty childish. Basically it's Nintendo's version of a Persona game. What DOES annoy me is that the soundtrack is very largely forgettable. A game about being a pop star idol doesn't have a jpop soundtrack. Persona and TWEWY get real honest to goodness soundtracks with real artists, but a SMT game where you are literally a pop idol as no real licensed songs.

Pathetic.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the game and here's my thoughts. I don't mind that its a pop idol game. I don't mind that its channeling Persona harder than it channels SMT or Fire Emblem. I don't mind that the story is mosty pretty childish. Basically it's Nintendo's version of a Persona game. What DOES annoy me is that the soundtrack is very largely forgettable. A game about being a pop star idol doesn't have a jpop soundtrack. Persona and TWEWY get real honest to goodness soundtracks with real artists, but a SMT game where you are literally a pop idol as no real licensed songs.

Pathetic.
Bruh even though it may be forgettable to some people you gotta admit the songs are pretty damn catchy especially the squid sister clone! (Even though my fave is give me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E