Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

misterqqqface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor nitpicking at beginning of chapter 2. There's an edited line that reads as the following:

Eh!? W-w...
What are you saying Itsuki!?

The stutter should be "Wh-Wha—", or at least "Wh-Wh". That's the proper way to do it (you can check the other stutters in the game for reference). Second line needs a comma before Istuki. I also saw a few "Mhm"s—those are generally written out as "Mm-hmm".

(sorry for being nitpicky, I used to do localization work)

Edit: the more I play, the more issues I find lol (nothing major, just small grammar stuff). If you want, I could give you editing advice for the lines you've changed. Or you can tell me to buzz off. I'm just anal about it because it used to be my job.

Last edited by misterqqqface,

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This was from main story.
I've fixed the issue and uploaded a new patch_999_lua.xdelta.

Minor nitpicking at beginning of chapter 2. There's an edited line that reads as the following:

Eh!? W-w...
What are you saying Itsuki!?

The stutter should be "Wh-Wha—", or at least "Wh-Wh". That's the proper way to do it (you can check the other stutters in the game for reference). Second line needs a comma before Istuki. I also saw a few "Mhm"s—those are generally written out as "Mm-hmm".

(sorry for being nitpicky, I used to do localization work)

Edit: the more I play, the more issues I find lol (nothing major, just small grammar stuff). If you want, I could give you editing advice for the lines you've changed. Or you can tell me to buzz off. I'm just anal about it because it used to be my job.
Thanks, our main translator isn't a native English speaker, but we had things QC'd a while ago, I guess a few things fell through the cracks is all, we'll have another look over the files sometime later on, as being able to understand the line is the most important thing righ tnow, as well as being able to see the correct line (and fixing crashes).

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've fixed the issue and uploaded a new patch_999_lua.xdelta.
Just wondering if you caught the ending drama scene for Ellie's first sidequest (also CH 3) also. Would you happen to know if all cutscenes like this with the in-game engine/graphics are like this or not, or is there no way of knowing until we get to the scene?

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wondering if you caught the ending drama scene for Ellie's first sidequest (also CH 3) also. Would you happen to know if all cutscenes like this with the in-game engine/graphics are like this or not, or is there no way of knowing until we get to the scene?
They might all be like that, but I have no way of knowing what to fix until I know where it is so I can indentify the file to fix.

You were just covered by NintendoLife. Impressing.
Damn, that's awesome.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm, seems this hack caught the attention of Nintendo Life, http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_fe_patch_which_uncensors_western_censorship shouldn't we as the Temp be worried about possible, well, backlash? One would think that this could end up with the Temp getting unwanted attention, no?

I guess if something happens, it'll happen, I doubt it will directed outside this thread, or even applied to everyone here. And we can always report any negative comments, etc.

As for anything else happening, we'll have to wait and see.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if something happens, it'll happen, I doubt it will directed outside this thread, or even applied to everyone here. And we can always report any negative comments, etc.

As for anything else happening, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't find that very reassuring -_-

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, seems this hack caught the attention of Nintendo Life, http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_fe_patch_which_uncensors_western_censorship shouldn't we as the Temp be worried about possible, well, backlash? One would think that this could end up with the Temp getting unwanted attention, no?

The patch isn't hosted or directly linked to on this site, and there are tons of other fan translation projects on here that have been here for years. I wouldn't be worried.

RyanAlucard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know a way that I can just apply the original costumes in the game the jap version? I cannot apply the full patch since I'm using a tablet to download everything.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is great, I am buying this game and just having the option of playing the OG version even if by other means other than my game disc really seals the deal.

Is there something like this but for XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X? if there is, please let me know.
Thanks

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is great, I am buying this game and just having the option of playing the OG version even if by other means other than my game disc really seals the deal.

Is there something like this but for XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X? if there is, please let me know.
Thanks

There is indeed, but it doesn't restore the breast slider, however those values can to be modified using XCXGecko.

Lakra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The comments section on the Nintendo Life article are literally a cesspool. I'm glad we got coverage, and I hope that we don't get hit with any takedown notices. Hopefully we can have a finished/polished version of the patch soon so someone can post a pre-patched version of the game on 'that site' before anything bad happens ;D

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Kotakuinaction has also mentioned your project! I was surprised to see just how much (and in some cases, how badly) the game got censored in the western release. I'm glad you guys are working on restoring the game, nice work!

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess it seems likely that all the scenes like this one(spoilers) will be missing the subs. What's weird is that in the same scene, the singing portion is not subbed but the the talking portion is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums