Hacking Homebrew Tiramisu forces me onto the Wii screen?

venusflytrap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full disclosure: I'm new to this site & new to homebrew/hacking stuff in general. I'm not real tech-savvy but I had no issues hacking my 3ds so I figured I'd give it a shot with my wiiu. Please be nice to me, I am but a simple noob trying my best:)

So I'm having a really weird issue. I was following the standard text guide to hack my wiiu (can't link it becauss of newbie status) & something must've gone wrong somewhere along the way because whenever I try to boot tiramisu from the environment loader, it forces me into the Wii menu. Again to clarify, not the WiiU menu but the *Wii* menu. I can't see any way around it or where I'm supposed to go from there. I never even get to the Boot Selector menu bc it sends me straight to the Wii screen.

Any idea what happened or how I can fix it? I've been googling answers for hours but I can't seem to find anyone who's even had the same problem as me, let alone fixed it. That probably means it's something super obvious & I'm gonna look like an fool for asking but like I said, I barely know what I'm doing & I'm getting desperate lol.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does holding START while booting (which means to press it before pressing the power button and keep it pressed down untill you reach the boot selector) get you to the boot selector? If so make sure "Wii U Menu" is highlighted, then press Y and finally A.

Reactions: venusflytrap

venusflytrap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does holding START while booting (which means to press it before pressing the power button and keep it pressed down untill you reach the boot selector) get you to the boot selector? If so make sure "Wii U Menu" is highlighted, then press Y and finally A.
Bless you. My god, I said it was gonna be something ridiculously obvious & I was right. I don't think I was holding 'start' as long as I needed to nor at the right time. Did what you said & it worked.

For the sake of transparency, I'm not gonna dirty delete this post like I so desperately want to but man, I feel dumb lol. Like I said, I've only ever tried this once before in my life like three days ago & the impending closure of the wiiu store got me panicking when I hit a snag.

Thank you so much!!

Reactions: V10lator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0