Tiramisu bug found

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's btw also the reason Maschell won't reply here.
Could you please stop making assumptions why I am not replying to someone?

Other than that everything has been said in this (and many other) thread(s). Updating Tiramisu and Aroma only requires updating the files on the SD Card. Re-installing things doesn't actually change anything (as the files you install haven't been updated since it's public release).

I can only repeat myself: (old) forwarders are and will always be broken with Tiramisu/Aroma.
They come with their own exploit while the console is already exploited, which overrides (parts of) Tiramisu/Aroma in memory. This causes undefined behaviour, which is... you know.. undefined.
It may work well enough to use, but will always cause some issues. Removing files from the Tiramisu installation (50_hbl_installer.rpx) might help, but is NOT the solution to this (fundamental) problem. I know many people are proposing this "fix", but it's not actually a fix, just a very lazy workaround. Fix the god damn forwarders instead. These are the problem! Not Tiramisu, not Aroma, not anything else.

Or even better: switch to Aroma and use .wuhb instead of forwarders, much less pain.

Regarding the thread:
Anything related to sig patches is not official part of Tiramisu, so I can't help you even if I want to. No idea where the sig patches are coming from and how they are implemented, but my guess is you just accidentally removed a file from the sd card while updating Tiramisu which causes the issues you described in this thread.

Last edited by Maschell,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anything related to sig patches is not official part of Tiramisu, you I can't help you even if I want to
Not true, You helped me understand what the source of the problem is (or could be? not sure) and that's so great for me!
Also, you made me realize why Aroma is the way to go "at the end" and why it is the good path. Thanks.

Reminds me of the Universe...When two chaotic forces that merge can create destruction, creation or instability :!:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!