Tiramisu bug found

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have found a bug on tiramisu concerning forwarders:
My forwarders was working perfectly fine. For a reason, I decided to reinstall my TIRAMISU hack via the standard procedure.
After reinstallation of hack....All was supposed to be working fine.....But, I found out that some of my forwarder were affected by uninstallation of Tiramisu, for exemple, ufdiine wouldn't start with the forwarder launching Homebrew Launcher I had, it would directly Freeze. I couldn't install a WUP with Nusspli, Wup installer GX2 launched via my forwarder wouldn't install anything..... it was like it was not Sigpatched anymore. In order to solve.... I had to uninstall my forwarders, then reinstall them, and magically, all forwarders works again!
This has happen to me 2 times on standard European 5.5.5 wiiU, so the bug is: When the Exploit is uninstalled the reinstalled, all forwarders must be reinstalled again to regain their rights when the need special rights for installing or modification on the WiiU.
Could someone know if something can be done about this, and nothing at all?

Th3L3g3nd123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing at all, many forwarders are broken under Tiramisu unless those forwarders' devs update them to fit Tiramisu's new file structures. Best to use Mii Maker to launch apps instead.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm talking about forwarder that are not broken under tiramisu (even with the new file structure)....Did you read well?
The bug only occurs because of uninstallation of tiramisu exploit then reinstallation.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why did you uninstall it then?
Maybe you didn't realize it, but Tiramisu evolves, and must be update from time to time , I didn't realize either at first. In order to do this, you must uninstall/reinstall the exploit (For example, I had Nusspli that didn't work anymore because of this), also, as I have multiple wiiU, updating the sd card is not enough, once done, you must reinstall the exploit in each wiiU, but then,you get the forwarder problem explained in topic on each wiiU (well, I don't know if it's only on european wiiu or not, of if a common problem to all wiiu). It's almost perfectly safe to uninstall and reinstall, well you take a very "slight" risk as usual just like uninstalling and reinstalling a wad for example.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It hasn't been updated since Tiramisu had been released
Well, it did for me and I can confirm, I had to do it to solve issues, in order for some homebrews to work (nusspli included, Udfdiine freezing), could it be related to the fact I use one SD card for multiple wiiu with tiramisu? (3 wiiU french/euro)
Also, I had deleted the update folder in order to have no problem with it in tiramisu....Well, once I updated tiramisu files (I don't think they was any file corruption on my sd) and reinstalled latest exploit (with newest files), there was a message saying my update folder was present, so had to relaunch udfdiine and again delete the update folder. Maschell might be able to give some clues.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it did for me
So either you used software which had been leaked before the Tiramisu release or Maschell did a special update just for you. In case of the former you're out of the support zone (which had been told multiple times to you already) and I highly doubt the latter.

there was a message saying my update folder was present
More modern Tiramisu versions show this message. It has nothing to do with the exploit and simply means you did not remove the update folder in the past.

Could it be that you're mixing up your different Wii Us? Like you removed the update folder on one in the past but now you're updating a different one? That you used leaked software on at least one of the Wii Us and now think you have to fix the issues introduced by using unreleased, leaked software on all your Wii Us?

There are clearly strange things happening on your setup. This thread isn't the first one showing this. These issues doesn't seem to be Tiramisu related through, you must have been doing something stupid in the past and it looks like you're struggling since weeks trying to fix that mess, pointing fingers to anyone except yourself.

Reactions: AmandaRose

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you didn't realize it, but Tiramisu evolves, and must be update from time to time , I didn't realize either at first. In order to do this, you must uninstall/reinstall the exploit (For example, I had Nusspli that didn't work anymore because of this), also, as I have multiple wiiU, updating the sd card is not enough, once done, you must reinstall the exploit in each wiiU, but then,you get the forwarder problem explained in topic on each wiiU (well, I don't know if it's only on european wiiu or not, of if a common problem to all wiiu). It's almost perfectly safe to uninstall and reinstall, well you take a very "slight" risk as usual just like uninstalling and reinstalling a wad for example.
When Tiramisu updates, you wouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall it, you'd just update the payloads in the environment folder on your SD card.

Reactions: jeannotte

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When Tiramisu updates, you wouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall it, you'd just update the payloads in the environment folder on your SD card.
Well, I did that, it's just it wasn't enought, you can read what I stated before in order to understand the reason of the sequence. Anyway, all is fine for me and working, just pointing the fact I think there might be a bug concerning the forwarders that "become unsigpatched" (the homebrew launcher in my case for example) when the exploit is reinstalled, please don't make me feel like a fool, I'm just giving feedback. Maybe people not having the bug are another wiiU language or don't use those forwarders.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I stated the possible reasons for why this couldn't have been enough.

There is no way for single apps to get "unsigpatched" as the sigpatches run on a completely different universe than the apps (on a different operating system running on a different CPU!).

We know your weird bugs and all we can say is "you must have been doing something really stupid in the past which f**ked up your environment so much that you're still unable to fix it after weeks of trying" (and we hear "all is fine" so often from you... Then a few days after a new thread like this appears).

This is my last reply to you now. I gave way too much support for your issues in the past (at other threads), even when Tiramisu devs told me not to do as, well, you're pirating their software and they know... That's btw also the reason Maschell won't reply here.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

V10lator First, thanks for historical help , second, this thread was not asking for help, it was just giving feedback that might help some others and asking if someone had saw this "bug", just like not long ago, someone told be that indeed cannonball outrun wasn't working anymore (a bit like industrial saying diabete doesn't exist), I felt I wasn't the only one. Also, take in consideration that when you have a wiiu without pb, if you have multiple consoles, one can have a pb that doesn't affect the other, even if I don't have any issues anymore right now.​

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually agree with @V10lator , I mean so many people in the scene don't post unless they have a problem, and they most certainly refuse to donate to anyone. there must be thousands of completely useless people in every scene, and it grows tiresome that they don't do anything, then blame devs for something that's user error.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Godreborn: Searching for an explanation to an encoutered problem is not at all blaming devs...But I do agree, the error might be between the chair and the keyboard, who can consider himself a God while never making any errors? To me, this was kind of a puzzle that I was exposing to some proefficient users that could maybe solve the riddle.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I did that, it's just it wasn't enought, you can read what I stated before in order to understand the reason of the sequence. Anyway, all is fine for me and working, just pointing the fact I think there might be a bug concerning the forwarders that "become unsigpatched" (the homebrew launcher in my case for example) when the exploit is reinstalled, please don't make me feel like a fool, I'm just giving feedback. Maybe people not having the bug are another wiiU language or don't use those forwarders.
If that "wasn't enough" then chances are you botched your Tiramisu installation somehow to begin with. Maschell knows what he's doing with his coding, there is no way Tiramisu should ever require anyone to uninstall it and then reinstall it in order for it to update. I'd say it looks like this comes down to user error, probably from long before you ever tried to 'update' Tiramisu.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
People seem to take this as a joke but it actually makes sense to me. Last time I checked the standard Tiramisu download does not include a signpatcher and 50_hbl_installer.rpx module (which is included with the download) actually breaks some forwarders.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seem to take this as a joke but it actually makes sense to me. Last time I checked the standard Tiramisu download does not include a signpatcher and 50_hbl_installer.rpx module (which is included with the download) actually breaks some forwarders.
Iirc @Maschell told me that the hbl plugin turns aroma into tiramisu. And, I don't think many devs agree with piracy, hence no sig patches.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Iirc @Maschell told me that the hbl plugin turns aroma into tiramisu. And, I don't think many devs agree with piracy, hence no sig patches.
What I'm saying is that what he described makes sense to me because:

1. Tiramisu doesn't include a signpatcher.
2. Tiramisu does include a hbl module that breaks forwarders.

Also, as a side note, I know piracy is the reason why it doesn't include a signpatcher module, but why link it on the wiiu.hacks.guide then? the very same guide everyone is told to use. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m