Hacking This is weird

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got banned today from nintendo's online services, was bound to happen because of all the pirated games and homebrew I was running, I have been keeping up with the scene regarding bans and a couple of months ago all the bans that were issued turned into superbans, aswell as new bans that are being issued are also super bans, which means I shouldn't be able to update games or the system anymore, I tried updating games and got the usual " online access has been restricted" same with eshop and friend's list, but when I try updating the system through settings, I don't get any error, is this normal?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got banned today from nintendo's online services, was bound to happen because of all the pirated games and homebrew I was running, I have been keeping up with the scene regarding bans and a couple of months ago all the bans that were issued turned into superbans, aswell as new bans that are being issued are also super bans, which means I shouldn't be able to update games or the system anymore, I tried updating games and got the usual " online access has been restricted" same with eshop and friend's list, but when I try updating the system through settings, I don't get any error, is this normal?
Yes, its normal. Around the time firmwar 6.0, I'm guessing Nintendo changed the way bans were handled. Now soft bans block game updates, because they are held behind dauth, while CDN bans now only block system updates meaning there is no need for CDN bans anymore.

Dfroberts86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're normal banned. Give it time and you'll be superbanned
I was superbanned before 6.0, including system updates. After 6.0 came out, I can get system updates but nothing else. I'm pretty sure they changed all the superbans to be able to still do system updates

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5