This is the way how to make your windows boot time faster.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
okay follow my step if your windows 10, 8 or 8.1 is slow to start up or boot time must take a 1 or 2 minutes.

:arrow:press F2 repeatedly on start up to show your computer setting. move your arrow to "boot" and change
the boot mode from legacy to UEFI. and save your config, reboot your computer. and your computer
will say "no bootable device found" or etc. now turn off your computer and turn it on again with
pressing F2 repeatedly. and now, change your boot mode to Legacy again. save your config and reboot
now count with stopwatch the boot time. that my trick to make your windows boot time faster. ThxB-)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Chances are most people are using UEFI these days anyway.

Also check your other settings in the BIOS as it sounds like it could be either something else had changed e.g. disabling legacy boot devices, delays, etc. and/or it could be a quirk to your system e.g. cleared cache, if there's any truth to this.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
alright, protip for anyone who ever has to open any BIOS menu: hold the key, don't spam it. if the screen gets stuck on the splash screen for longer than usual, release the key and it'll proceed to open the menu for ya.

Reactions: Deleted User

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This.

Also get an SSD. :P

For speed and stability, these have done well for me, Intel 730;480GB:
xzzSDEa.jpg

Reactions: Deleted-379826

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
ow ow ow and ow... migles i think you have a problem for it sorry. but i fell its very work perfectly for me. just say sorry:D
my overclock and raid setup is gone, how do i fix?
i had processor at 5Ghz >:C i spent a lot of time in setup some months ago

English motherfucker, do you speak it?
he quotted the wrong post, chill down, he is "young" someday he will speak better english than me

Hey i know my english is bad. but you dont have to saying mother fu**er. If you dont understand, try to refresh or reinstall your brain os.
hey, don't be mean, don't need to answer like that

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey i know my english is bad. but you dont have to saying mother fu**er. If you dont understand, try to refresh or reinstall your brain os.

he quotted the wrong post, chill down, he is "young" someday he will speak better english than me
it was just a movie quote ;o;

Reactions: migles

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
fuck 2.5'' ssd and sata bullshit

310wJSh3OVL.jpg

pci-e ssds for the win.
NVMe drives are pretty darn sweet yeah. I got a 512GB Intel 600p one to complement my previous 250GB Samsung SATA one back when I rebuilt my computer and not only is it amazingly fast but it also mounts flush below my motherboard with nothing sticking out.

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
mounts flush below my motherboard with nothing sticking out.
heh, could care less about the size or where to place it, could even just use a PCI-e card to slot that thing...
you can have insane speeds if it was not for the sata bottleneck, pci-e drives are amazing..
hopefully in the future ram and persistent storage will be joint together and "computer ram" will be a thing from the past....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1