This is the way how to make your windows boot time faster.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
okay follow my step if your windows 10, 8 or 8.1 is slow to start up or boot time must take a 1 or 2 minutes.

:arrow:press F2 repeatedly on start up to show your computer setting. move your arrow to "boot" and change
the boot mode from legacy to UEFI. and save your config, reboot your computer. and your computer
will say "no bootable device found" or etc. now turn off your computer and turn it on again with
pressing F2 repeatedly. and now, change your boot mode to Legacy again. save your config and reboot
now count with stopwatch the boot time. that my trick to make your windows boot time faster. ThxB-)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Chances are most people are using UEFI these days anyway.

Also check your other settings in the BIOS as it sounds like it could be either something else had changed e.g. disabling legacy boot devices, delays, etc. and/or it could be a quirk to your system e.g. cleared cache, if there's any truth to this.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
alright, protip for anyone who ever has to open any BIOS menu: hold the key, don't spam it. if the screen gets stuck on the splash screen for longer than usual, release the key and it'll proceed to open the menu for ya.

Reactions: Deleted User

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This.

Also get an SSD. :P

For speed and stability, these have done well for me, Intel 730;480GB:
xzzSDEa.jpg

Reactions: Deleted-379826

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
ow ow ow and ow... migles i think you have a problem for it sorry. but i fell its very work perfectly for me. just say sorry:D
my overclock and raid setup is gone, how do i fix?
i had processor at 5Ghz >:C i spent a lot of time in setup some months ago

English motherfucker, do you speak it?
he quotted the wrong post, chill down, he is "young" someday he will speak better english than me

Hey i know my english is bad. but you dont have to saying mother fu**er. If you dont understand, try to refresh or reinstall your brain os.
hey, don't be mean, don't need to answer like that

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey i know my english is bad. but you dont have to saying mother fu**er. If you dont understand, try to refresh or reinstall your brain os.

he quotted the wrong post, chill down, he is "young" someday he will speak better english than me
it was just a movie quote ;o;

Reactions: migles

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
fuck 2.5'' ssd and sata bullshit

310wJSh3OVL.jpg

pci-e ssds for the win.
NVMe drives are pretty darn sweet yeah. I got a 512GB Intel 600p one to complement my previous 250GB Samsung SATA one back when I rebuilt my computer and not only is it amazingly fast but it also mounts flush below my motherboard with nothing sticking out.

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
mounts flush below my motherboard with nothing sticking out.
heh, could care less about the size or where to place it, could even just use a PCI-e card to slot that thing...
you can have insane speeds if it was not for the sata bottleneck, pci-e drives are amazing..
hopefully in the future ram and persistent storage will be joint together and "computer ram" will be a thing from the past....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY