Hardware This GCN audio prob w/ wiikey - question

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started researching wii chip options and trying to sort out some details ... for instance this problem that the wiikey has with certain GCN games that use streaming audio ... such as Waverace, Eternal Darkness, the Naruto GNT series. ...

my situation .. I've got a japanese wii, and live in the USA. I've got a little over 40 commercial USA GCN games, and need to be able to play them on the japanese wii, along with commercial & backup Wii games from both regions of course.

So, QUESTION: does the problem with these streaming audio games apply to all versions of the affected games once a wiikey has been installed, or is a commercial game still playable while a backup is not (crashes)? My version of Waverace is USA, so I need the wiikey to override the region lock so it can be played on the japanese wii. But since it is a commercial copy, not a backup, will it work???

I'm not all that concerned about Waverace ... I just want to understand this problem a little better.

georaldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes originals are also affected. I dunno what's up with the wiikey, but eventhough I patch an ISO with fstfix and disable the audiofix with the setup disc, the game will still not work. Just have to wait for the firmware update (hmm, wonder when they'll ever release that update....
frown.gif
)

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly GCOS multiboot v3 fixes audio problematic games. So at the worst, you'd have to only run backups and not the original. (Which is the point of having a chip, remember?)

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
GCOS also boots originals if I'm not mistaken.

And it's only partially. Yes, the games run, but the sound is horribly static and the game's basically unplayable unless you turn the music off.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please explain or point me in the right direction for using this GCOS app or whatever it is. I saw on the wiki it is a creation of emukid_id or whatever his name is ... same one that made major fixes to NES_DS a while back I guess. But its a utility for packing multiple games onto one DVD or something? How would I use it to pad a single game, and is this all that's involved in fixing the audio of a backup that's on the "streaming audio" list?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo