wolfien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

I've been researching on that subject for more then a week now. And I would just like to clarify a few things with "expert of toy to life" .

If I got all the information correctly :

Amiibo - Can be clone / backup / write easily with ntag215 ( or powersaves and similar devices ). You can use some bin file from site to create your amiboo. A lots of application exist to do that job. You can also buy counterfeit amiibo card / set from some Chinese site.

Lego Dimension - Can be clone / backup / write easily with ntag213. You can use some bin file from site to create your characters. You can also use a decryption site to write manually your card. You can as well buy counterfeit cheap replica from Chinese site.

In both of the above case you either need a NFC phone (android 4.4+) or a arc122 if doing it from pc.

Now here come the hard part..

Skylander : Use the Mifare Classic tag. Used to have a device called the maxlander who emulated tag, that device is dead since it dont support latest version. No other knows way to clone / backup / write tag. Might be possible to use device like proxmark to "emulate" mifare classic.

Disney Infinity : Use the mifare mini 0.3k tag. Someone made a device to emulate characters but that device never made it public. Only a few beta tester seems to have it. The device seems to be easily buildable but the firmware it use is private so it would be useless to build one. You can buy a few unreleased character from Chinese sites.

In both of the above case clone / backup / write is close to imposible.

As for devices that exist :

N2elite/amiiqo : Still buyable.. Last update talked about other NFC support but dev seems to have vanish (Only amiibo support)
Powersaves : about the same as N2elite but u can't store multiple amiibo in it. (only amiibo support)
Maxlander : Dead device.. was never replaced by anything else ( only OLD skylander support )
( did i miss any? )

Ok so till now did I got it correctly?

If so.. the only thing I dont understand is whats the uses of all those .bin file that you can find on multiple site?

I've got my info from here, proxmark forum, reddit and a few other site that I stumble on after a few google search. Its seems to be pretty hard to find info on that subject. Theses toys are kinda "phase-out" but my kids just got hook on a few of them lol.

I wouldn't say im an expert in NFC but a got a good background dealing with NFC cards ( access card, credit card, etc ). Already got an Arc122, Android nfc based phone and a 125mhz reader/writer. Toys to life aren't my first experience with NFC technology.

So can anyone confirm / correct my infos? :) Or anything new I missed? Most of the search end up on "old research" from 2015-2016.

Thanks and sorry for the WoT ;)

wolfien--

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Amiibo is to blank ntag215s and an Android phone as a music cd is to a stack of CD-Rs and a disc burner.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

People can make legal backups or copies of their own amiibo. People wouldn't ever share these backups online in .bin format though because that would be illegal of course. No one would make stickers or cards for less than $1 when the $10 figurine is the ethical choice.

Last edited by Heran Bago,
Reactions: fatsquirrel

wolfien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I got a few amiibos / Lego / Disney infinity.. But one of my kids like to destroy everything she touches.. I educated her about that but its a long process.. So before she destroy all my toys Im trying to make a few backup... Just like Movies.. Got about 100+ dvd but they are all ripped in my pc because she literay destroy the disk.
:)

And yeah I guess my thread could go in the "ask" section.. wasn't aware of such a section. Mods.. Feel free to move it! :)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I got a few amiibos / Lego / Disney infinity.. But one of my kids like to destroy everything she touches.. I educated her about that but its a long process.. So before she destroy all my toys Im trying to make a few backup... Just like Movies.. Got about 100+ dvd but they are all ripped in my pc because she literay destroy the disk.
:)

And yeah I guess my thread could go in the "ask" section.. wasn't aware of such a section. Mods.. Feel free to move it! :)
I never figured out how to flash the other 3 but flashing Amiibos is really easy and simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo