Hacking THERE IS NO REASON TO STAY ON 3.2! UPGRADE TO 4.0 PEOPLE!

Are you on 4.0? If not, why?

• Yes, I'm on 4.0 and loving all the new features!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because I'm an idiot!

• No, because IDK how!

• No, because I hate zeros!

• No, because I think 4.0 has negatives when really all it has is positives.

• I like corn dogs!?!?

• Total voters

Leeuwtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
didnt feel the need to update first, but now that i have, im glad. The sd feature is nice for storing links to HDD so i can start the games fast without going to usbloader.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did upgrade to 4.0 and used BannerBomb and BootMii to install the Homebrew Channel and even DVDX. Everything's working great

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a few people saying that they aren't updating to 4.0 because everything works fine. If everything works fine for you then you aren't the target of this thread. The original post says that there are people complaining that stuff doesn't work on 3.2. These are the people who are being suggested to upgrade.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackEnigma said:
There seems to be a few people saying that they aren't updating to 4.0 because everything works fine. If everything works fine for you then you aren't the target of this thread. The original post says that there are people complaining that stuff doesn't work on 3.2. These are the people who are being suggested to upgrade.

"Now here's a guy who knows what he's talking about." - John Madden

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IlluminiX said:
The only reason I stay on 3.2 is that I am waiting until the next update (4.1) and want to see if 4.0 users are FORCED there with whatever Auto-update capabilities are baked into 4.0. If you are forced to upgrade each time there is an update, then Nintendo can wipe out your Homebrew anytime they want (that is if they figure out how). With 3.2U, I rest easy knowing they cannot do anything to my Wii remotely (that I know of). Obviously, with Bootmii, I can always return to 3.2 when I want, but I still want to see if they have that power with 4.0, which I'd rather they not have.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo automatically updating your Wii without your consent is illegal.

Anyone out there know for sure?

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thanks guys!
Personally I prefer install it by myself (wad manager) because I can patch IOSes I want. Here we don't have any informations on which IOSes are patched thought this installer...

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linuks said:
Okay thanks guys!
Personally I prefer install it by myself (wad manager) because I can patch IOSes I want. Here we don't have any informations on which IOSes are patched thought this installer...

It tells you right on the screen what is getting patched... Has Waninikoko ever failed any of us before?

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimmujed said:
BlackEnigma said:

"Now here's a guy who knows what he's talking about." - John Madden

biggrin.gif

Now I have John Madden's voice in my head

Boom! tough acting tinactin

yeah...

smile.gif

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
dimmujed said:
Linuks said:
Okay thanks guys!

It tells you right on the screen what is getting patched... Has Waninikoko ever failed any of us before?

No, sure. I didn't know this, that's cool. Can we also choose what we want to install?

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
SublimeAndEtc said:
IlluminiX said:
The only reason I stay on 3.2 is that I am waiting until the next update (4.1) and want to see if 4.0 users are FORCED there with whatever Auto-update capabilities are baked into 4.0. If you are forced to upgrade each time there is an update, then Nintendo can wipe out your Homebrew anytime they want (that is if they figure out how). With 3.2U, I rest easy knowing they cannot do anything to my Wii remotely (that I know of). Obviously, with Bootmii, I can always return to 3.2 when I want, but I still want to see if they have that power with 4.0, which I'd rather they not have.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo automatically updating your Wii without your consent is illegal.

Anyone out there know for sure?

It's perfectly legal since they changed the EULA in 4.0 to allow it. When you upgrade to 4.0 you agree to the new contract they show you, which states they can update without your consent. You're not forced to install it.

And this topic's title features "THERE IS NO REASON TO STAY ON 3.2" "UPGRADE TO 4.0", not "If you complain about 3.2 upgrade". I've given a reason why I shouldn't stay on 3.2.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
I upgraded to 4.0 because I wanted to be able to run my WiiWare and VC games from the SD card and I couldn't be happier. Was running out of room lol. I don't pirate WiiWare and VC games because they're as cheap as chips and in the case of some WiiWare games they're developed by independant developers who need the cash.
smile.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still on 3.2, and haven't had any problems playing anything yet. I guess I would like having the SD loading, but most of the games I would use it for I already have on homebrew. That, and the fact that I have become ultra paranoid about updating anything in fear of messing things up. I kind of feel like I am gambling by updating, so I am deciding to "quit while I am ahead".

Whether that fear is warranted doesn't make a difference. It's just that I hear about so many goddamn threads about bricks, and partial bricks.

Also, this thread title kind of sounds like a demand from you. Sorry, I am fine with 3.2.
laugh.gif

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
upgraded to 4.0 and running fine now, after a slight hiccup with SD support for SDHC cards. i have my bootmii 3.2 NAND stored so can downgrade anytime. simples

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well i still have 3.2E becourse i see no reason to upgrade? Really what does 4.0E give me that 3.2E dont? (Sd card menu.. oh wow xD)..

Oh well might try as i now have my 3.2E nand backed up.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i upgraded from 3.2u to 4.0u with wad files after backing up 3.2 nand with bootmii.
i have no problems booting any wii/gc games from system menu with cIOScorp no 001, 002, 00? errors usb loader works along with anything else and not any problems booting games from sd channel.
as long as you don't update to 4.0 through Nintendo then you should be able to do everything and then some that you could do on 3.2 .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0