Hacking THERE IS NO REASON TO STAY ON 3.2! UPGRADE TO 4.0 PEOPLE!

Are you on 4.0? If not, why?

• Yes, I'm on 4.0 and loving all the new features!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because I'm an idiot!

• No, because IDK how!

• No, because I hate zeros!

• No, because I think 4.0 has negatives when really all it has is positives.

• I like corn dogs!?!?

• Total voters

blytant

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 3.3E I found a guide that says the waninkoko works with 3.2U 3.3U 3.4U. I'm assuming the E firmware is more or less the same?

Can I update?

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
And for those who think that Nintendo can now auto-update on 4.0, how do you think they'll do that?
When the Wii is in idle-mode with standby internet activated? They would never do that. What if you would suddenly unplug your (secretly updating) wii because you want to take it over to a friend's house for example? That would brick it. Nintendo would never take such a risk

I said that it's just in the EULA and so basically they COULD do it. It could be something like "Wohooooo we detected that you have wifi on your wii.... you will have to update before you can use your Wii again. Want to continue updating? >>Yes>Yes

wazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I'm on 3.4e and everything works perfect that I need, USB loader that I mainly use works a treat.

What is better about 4.0?

Wazy

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyrex said:
kedest said:
And for those who think that Nintendo can now auto-update on 4.0, how do you think they'll do that?
When the Wii is in idle-mode with standby internet activated? They would never do that. What if you would suddenly unplug your (secretly updating) wii because you want to take it over to a friend's house for example? That would brick it. Nintendo would never take such a risk

I said that it's just in the EULA and so basically they COULD do it. It could be something like "Wohooooo we detected that you have wifi on your wii.... you will have to update before you can use your Wii again. Want to continue updating? >>Yes>Yes

Rapidkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Blue-K said:
Do you realy think this is a Sticky?

Anyways, let the people decide what they want...everyone can do what he wants, and some simply want to stay on 3.2...
Exactly what I'm thinking.

D

Deleted User

saulin said:
Does Starfall or equivalent work on 4.0?
Yes, Preloader and Startpatch works on 4.0

Does Action replay for GC work on 4.0?
Not really. But I don't think I'll be using it.

Those are also some of the reasons why I kept 3.2 plus like I said I don't see anything in 4.0 that I need. Everything works fine for me on firmware 3.2U.

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I held off updating until bootmii came out. Once the NAND was safely backed up, I updated (the official way). OMG, it was so slow. For everything. I wasn't impressed at all.

Needless to say, I did a NAND backup and am happily back on 3.2.

Just remember kids: the latest doesn't always mean the best.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deceptica said:
I held off updating until bootmii came out. Once the NAND was safely backed up, I updated (the official way). OMG, it was so slow. For everything. I wasn't impressed at all.

Needless to say, I did a NAND backup and am happily back on 3.2.

Just remember kids: the latest doesn't always mean the best.

Is 3.2 more impressive?

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
I myself have no problem with 4.0.
However I use 3.2 ... Why? Simple cause i hacked my wii on 3.2 and i have found no need to upgrade it. As people say don't fix what aint broken. The whole SD card channel seems like a mild novelty that i doubt i would use.

What really ticks me off about these forums recently is the fact that whenever people do say they have a problem whether in a new post or topic there is at least One (1) person that will say
"Just upgrade to 4.0 and it will work" people come here to get help about there problems with wii hacking related issues and telling someone to upgrade to 4.0 doesn't answer there question.

I'm sure some people have there reasons to avoid 4.0 and telling the to update is just a waste of everyone's time cause it doesn't solve there problem and its just an unnecessary post.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again, this topic is not for the 3.2u people whom have everything working fine, this is for the 200 posts a day saying *so and so game won't work*

or wah wah wah punchout how what where there is an update on it what do i do? i'm an idiot HELP ME!

If you can't seem to get something to work, update to 4.0, it installs all the IOS's you need to play ANY of the newer games, no patching, no compat issues with loaders, and no problems.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever made this thread is an idiot, especially because he went into specifics about Waninkoko's upgrader.

IT BRICKS JAP AND KOREAN WIIs YOU DOLT!! DON'T START THREADS WHICH COULD RUIN PEOPLE'S SYSTEMS JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ATTENTION.

Stupid thread, seriously, what is it meant to achieve?

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I Guess im worried that if i go to 4.0 my isos i installed in the wii are going to screw it up

any precautions I should do?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 3.2u out of laziness other than anything else. I have a mod chip and need da truchas, but that's no excuse since the waninkoko updater covers that.

Fun thread. Guess I'll back up my NAND and update some time.

e: voted corn dogs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1