The Witcher 3 VS Skyrim

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,150
  • Replies 5

Which do you consider the "better" game?

• The Witcher 3

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Skyrim

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't really say I "prefer" either. They both speak to different tastes of mine. It's kinda unfair to compare Witcher 3 to Skyrim because both games cater to a different crowd and are fundamentally trying to do different things. "Open world" is a very poor marker to lump together many disparate games. Not feeling like elaborating heavily right now, but I'll add some more input if this thread grows larger.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Stock Skyrim is garbage, period. It takes so many mods to make the game even remotely fun to play. It's Baby's First RPG.

Stock Witcher 3, on the other hand, is easily one of the best RPGs ever. Great story, great gameplay, just an overall great game.

But as mentioned, you can't really compare the two since they're generally different kind of games (despite both being Western styled RPGs).

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
The lore and game-play are completely different so each scratch a different itch.

However if I just want to pop in a game and mess around for an hour or two I'd go with Skyrim because it's just easier to get into.

D

Deleted User

OP
The reason I asked is because I was wondering if I should pick up Skyrim on the Switch after the price goes down a bit. I haven't played either and was blissfully ignorant to the fact that the games cater to different crowds and play differently. I'll wait until I (eventually) get hardware capable of running The Witcher 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo