Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GOP blew it for 2016, they aren't going to have control of the Senate, as they are also messing with money of the Special Interest groups and corporations that fund them. The longer the shutdown, the worst it will be for them come 2016.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I point you to Belgium which had no government for 1.5 years or something.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_Belgian_government_formation
Damnit...you beat me to it. :(

Yeah...it's not like the average Joe actually noticed anything different. Even the newspapers eventually had to find other items to fill the front pages. :P

And the US even still has their president. And I may be mistaken, but I thought the fellow actually DOES anything (unlike our king, whom is literally forbidden to be involved in politics).

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perfect time for Kim Jong Un to take over America
da8dbc7f0207bb2663091657c6dfee02.jpg

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damnit...you beat me to it. :(

Yeah...it's not like the average Joe actually noticed anything different. Even the newspapers eventually had to find other items to fill the front pages. :P

And the US even still has their president. And I may be mistaken, but I thought the fellow actually DOES anything (unlike our king, whom is literally forbidden to be involved in politics).
Yeah, our queen is pretty much the same. She can't even express her opinion about something. Sometimes I wonder why we even have one.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love that gif :yay: , anyways considering the BS that happened last year I think this finally HAD to happen this year. While I doubt anyone's going to learn any lessons from this at least it'll outrage the public a bit more.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh this is relevant.
1375325_10151846624616749_2146193873_n.png

Well really, it's not like this was Obama's fault. I mean getting a better health care system? EVERYBODY should be in favor of that. Anybody who disagrees should be exiled to Mexico.

It's just a whole shit ton of problems that have caused this ranging back from before Obama was president.
But iono, this picture reminds me of this:

Reactions: Black-Ice

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only problem I (I'm sure most people agree with me) have with Affordable Health Care is individual mandate (have health care or pay additional taxes each year). Economies of scale only works in free market; it will not work with government mandate. Plus I love to see government arrest all those who couldn't afford penalty taxes.

In any cases, both sides are now playing blame game at each other. Maybe this government shutdown will finally let voters to see how incompetent these elected officials are.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well really, it's not like this was Obama's fault. I mean getting a better health care system? EVERYBODY should be in favor of that. Anybody who disagrees should be exiled to Mexico.

It's just a whole shit ton of problems that have caused this ranging back from before Obama was president.
But iono, this picture reminds me of this:

I seriously dont understand what the problem is with it...
I dont understand why people would be against a great health care system. I love it here in the UK

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I seriously dont understand what the problem is with it...
I dont understand why people would be against a great health care system. I love it here in the UK

Individual mandate is the problem. Have health care (by employer or purchased by yourself) or pay penalty taxes each year.

There is a penalty for not having insurance. There are a lot of Americans who can not afford health insurance. If they cannot afford it, they can't pay this penalty taxes either.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
You'd think everyone would lose in a situation like this. However, knowing the American Gov't, the politicans are likely partying like there's no tomorrow. I wonder what a party like that would like . . .

ihBAolW9oAYeV.gif

In all seriousness though, this is terrible news for the employes that got laid off and for the American public in general. At least the Military was unaffected somewhat. At some point, the American people gotta ask themselves how many times they're willing to receive the short-end of the stick like this time and time again. Here's hoping the shutdown is brief and the Gov't can resume ASAP.

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As expected, the media is going to pin all the blame on the GOP.

The majority of americans did not favor 'Obamacare', but it was essentially rammed down everyone's throat. The Senate ends up rejecting a bill that would keep the government funded, except 'Obamacare' (which again, the majority of americans do not like.)

So the media can place all the blame on the GOP, but really, both sides are responsible, perhaps the Democrats even more, just to keep their unpopular law.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P