Hacking The Unofficial "WiiVC Injector Script Doesn't Work" (Black Screen) Thread

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you haven't touched anything or nothing has changed on your WiiU since the game was last working, why do you think its IOS related.

Where is the game installed? External storage device (what type) or internal storage?
If installed on external storage, try moving it to internal storage, disconnect usb device, reboot and test.

Last edited by xs4all,

TheRealMorganTubeHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't touched anything or nothing has changed on your WiiU since the game was last working, why do you think its IOS related.

Where is the game installed? External storage device (what type) or internal storage?
If installed on external storage, try moving it to internal storage, disconnect usb device, reboot and test.
well I was actually messing around with d2x-csio installer 'cause I wanted to see if wiiflow started working again (and it did.) maybe when I did, something started causing my WiiVC Injections to crash on startup.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well I was actually messing around with d2x-csio installer 'cause I wanted to see if wiiflow started working again (and it did.) maybe when I did, something started causing my WiiVC Injections to crash on startup.
Yes, including this information does help others who are trying/willing to help.

This is out of my scope so I cant help you, hope others in the know can help.

Super_K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for being late. My wii and gc injector games only work if they are in system nand. I tried multiple hard drives and y cables but they all work with normal things like wii u games but not with wii/gc injectors? Can anyone please help? I have the weird problems that I can't google

Super_K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try installing your personal Wii/GC injection to your System NAND instead of your external USB HDD to test to see if your HDD is the issue. Even though the HDD works fine with WiiU games, the common issue is when the Wii/GC injects boots into vWii mode to launch the game, this is when some types of ext USB HDD does not initiate in time for the game to load in vWii, it's an issue in vWii on how it handles ext USB HDD's.

If you decide to test by installing the Wii/GC game on your System NAND, it's a good idea to disconnect your ext USB HDD and have nothing connected in any of the USB ports.
Be warned though, disconnecting your ext USB HDD, will reset all the game sorting that you have done on your WiiU, if you have a lot of games, neatly sorted in folders, you will have to do it all over again.

Another alternative method that some people did to get Wii/GC injects working is, first boot into vWii, then exit back to the WiiU menu and try booting the Wii/GC inject.
Wait that's my problem and I can't find anyone else who talked about this! I can't try it out now but does the last method really work? How does the vwii suddenly read wii u hdd when going there and exiting. Do you know any other methods that might work like maybe starting nintendont or something. I'm also new to modding so I don't know what to do most of the time, and everytime when I fail and it becomes black, having to unplug the console is scary. Thanks for reading

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed all my games onto my external 500gb HDD and all my Wii and GameCube game injections work like intended. The only problem I faced was with creating a forwarder for WiiFlow. I receive a blackscreen after the loading screen while it perfectly works via WiiFlow Lite channel in my vWii and as a workaround forwarder using and modifying hbl2hbc. If anyone is interested in this, I wrote a small tutorial for that HERE. I always install forwarders into my NAND.

Nevertheless I'm still willing to get the forwarder via injection. Does anybody have any idea how I could get it to work?

@TeconMoon Maybe you could help. I'm not able to send you a PM :D

Best and thx for consideration,
Fladulator

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my games working by running nintendont in vWii and starting a game, after that all games will work. The only thing is that the black screen returns after I install a new game with wupinstaller, which is easily solved by repeating the same method.

This solved my problems.
I guess I had never booted vWii.

Lunares83

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I have a japanese wiiu, normally all my injections work great but just dance games since 2016 give black screen, they work through another HDD that I have in vWii by usbloadergx, however I have to change the HDD just for these games and wanted to use hdd for other things, does anyone know how to inject with a different CIOs or something?

Edit: I'm using tiramisu hack right now and 1Tb HDD with Y cable

Sorry my english

Last edited by Lunares83,

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3867C035-8D4C-4B4F-8E3D-8607E906A7FA.jpeg
Please explain this. Why won’t it work??

Last edited by ChicagoMel,

RequiemWasStolen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used TeconMoon's WiiVC injector, and had some success with Gamecube games. They all install and boot up properly.
However I went to do the same thing with a Wii game, specifically Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn. Whenever I boot it up on my Wii U menu, it gives me the black screen error.

Anyone know a fix? I tried a bunch that I found here to no success.
I install the games on my NAND

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used TeconMoon's WiiVC injector, and had some success with Gamecube games. They all install and boot up properly.
However I went to do the same thing with a Wii game, specifically Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn. Whenever I boot it up on my Wii U menu, it gives me the black screen error.

Anyone know a fix? I tried a bunch that I found here to no success.
I install the games on my NAND

What is you console region and also region of the game are you trying to inject? USA or PAL?

When possible, when injecting Wii games, try to use the same region as your WiiU console.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Wii U is PAL. I cannot find a rom that is PAL, only USA.

Im pretty sure that might be your issue, back in the day, for Wii injects, if I got black screen, in most cases (for me) was because injecting a different region game.

In saying that, it all depends on the game, some USA region games work fine while others didnt. If you cant find the PAL version, try force changing the video mode for the game, there should be a setting in the injecter app that allows you to do this.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

End_eR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have maybe a list of External Hard Drives that work for launching WIIvc Injects? I tried hooking my BUFFALO External SSD into the front ports, back ports, and a hub with an external power supply, but I still black screened. I know it isn't a Nintendont issue or something with my homebrew setup because I tested Goldeneye 007 from my NAND and it worked perfectly even with gamepad emulation.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have these two and they work for Wii/GC injects:

LQH TECH Portable Solid State Drive 512 GB PRO Edition. External USB 3.1 Hard Drive High-Speed Transmission External Hard Disk, SSD,Up to 600MB/s Read, 500MB/s Write https://a.co/d/3DRSMn0

Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, PlayStation, & Xbox, 1-Year Rescue Service (STGX1000400) , Black https://a.co/d/5cY6Oxs

I also have these two which didn’t work, I assume the former is the one mentioned in the post above me

BUFFALO External SSD 1TB - Up to 600MB/s - USB-C - USB-A - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Compatible with PS4 / PS5 / Windows/Mac) - External Solid State Drive Stick - ‎‎SSD-PUT1.0U3B https://a.co/d/iOf5PHn

Espeon 250GB Portable SSD Solid State USB Drive, USB 3.2 Gen2 UASP SuperSpeed+. Up to 600MB/s Read, 260MB/s Write - SS+ https://a.co/d/4C6GmYw

Edit: Just for the hell of it, I tested two no name flash drives from god knows where and they worked too. I’d guess flash drives work more consistently with Nintendont than hard drives or SSDs, but obviously flash drives aren’t as reliable for Wii U in general. Maybe it’s different on Wii though? Really not sure

Hope this helps someone

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all,
one common reason for having black screen is not having the nintendont config setup. this can be solved by booting nintendont by itself, select the settings you want (if using wii u injects, i believe you need to at least set autoboot to on). i also use separate memcards for each game and wii u widescreen. then boot at least one game from the "games" folder for the settings to save. uwuvci can also create this file for you on the gear setting in the top right corner

one this is done, you can go back to the wii u menu and your injects should work.

for injects, as long as you have the latest version of uwuvci with rhythm heaven fever base and .net framework 6 installed, your injects should come out ok. i would also consider installing the visual c++ all in one installer from majorgeeks and python sdk, just because some other homebrew apps may ask for these things as well. you should also be installing your injects to an external hard drive, either with y-cable or external power

speaking of hard drive and SD card, i use an endurance sd card for longevity, and a sata ssd drive in an enclosure.
it's the following:

endurance sd card from samsung or sandisk (i switched from 64gb to 32gb to be fully compatible with some other wii homebrew, but get at least 64gb so you can backup the wii u nand)
https://a.co/d/aWjxI4c

samsung 870 evo sata ssd 1tb refurbished (or new if price is good) from best buy/amazon
https://a.co/d/iVIKkd4

ugreen usb 3.0 enclosure for 2.5" drives (NOT the usb-c enclosure, the traditional slim usb 3.0 hard drive connector)
https://a.co/d/4dAaesv

cable matters usb 3.0 y-cable
https://a.co/d/gnQ3F0y

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all,
one common reason for having black screen is not having the nintendont config setup. this can be solved by booting nintendont by itself, select the settings you want (if using wii u injects, i believe you need to at least set autoboot to on). i also use separate memcards for each game and wii u widescreen. then boot at least one game from the "games" folder for the settings to save. uwuvci can also create this file for you on the gear setting in the top right corner

one this is done, you can go back to the wii u menu and your injects should work.

for injects, as long as you have the latest version of uwuvci with rhythm heaven fever base and .net framework 6 installed, your injects should come out ok. i would also consider installing the visual c++ all in one installer from majorgeeks and python sdk, just because some other homebrew apps may ask for these things as well. you should also be installing your injects to an external hard drive, either with y-cable or external power

speaking of hard drive and SD card, i use an endurance sd card for longevity, and a sata ssd drive in an enclosure.
it's the following:

endurance sd card from samsung or sandisk (i switched from 64gb to 32gb to be fully compatible with some other wii homebrew, but get at least 64gb so you can backup the wii u nand)
https://a.co/d/aWjxI4c

samsung 870 evo sata ssd 1tb refurbished (or new if price is good) from best buy/amazon
https://a.co/d/iVIKkd4

ugreen usb 3.0 enclosure for 2.5" drives (NOT the usb-c enclosure, the traditional slim usb 3.0 hard drive connector)
https://a.co/d/4dAaesv

cable matters usb 3.0 y-cable
https://a.co/d/gnQ3F0y
Well if the issue is a black screen on GameCube injects but Wii injects work fine, then yes you probably messed up something with Nintendont. But for many people neither work when loading off certain USBs, and this is a sign of the handoff between Wii U and vWii not working correctly. Storing all your injects on the internal memory is not really feasible if you have more than like 15 or so. So it becomes necessary to look at what drives work best

Like I said in my post, flash drives seem to work but obviously aren’t recommended, and HDDs and SSDs are hit or miss. I have 3 solid state flash drives and like I said, two of them didn’t work, but the LQH TECH one did. The Seagate HDD I had worked but the OP lists other HDDs that didn’t work. Keep in mind, nothing was changed about the config or anything, all I did was copy one Wii and one GC inject to each of the drives and test. And it just didn’t work on many of the drives. It’s just a mess overall. I’m going to try a high endurance SD Card through a USB reader later. Sadly these only come in max 256 GB but that may be enough for you if you don’t have a lot of Wii U games.

Solid state flash drives or a high endurance SD Card through a USB reader would be nice as they don’t need a Y cable, but unlike regular flash drives they’d be much more reliable. This leaves you with room for both GameCube adapter cables, plus one slot for an Ethernet adapter or pro controller charging cable or something.

EDIT: Tested this one: https://a.co/d/6uhj5jp and it worked great. The adapter I used was this: https://a.co/d/6yNgQEU in case you want to use the same one, but I don’t think that should affect anything at all, as the SD Card itself should be all that makes a difference. I think any SD Card adapter you have lying around your house should work just fine. Maybe in the future there will be models of these higher than 256 GB. For what it’s worth, I’ve used a 128 GB regular Micro SD Card on my 3DS for about 8 or 9 years now and never had any issues, though of course things may be different with the Wii U’s greater write amounts and such. But if that doesn’t worry you then any 1 TB SD Card through an adapter could probably work fine, as it’s probably acting like a normal flash drive.

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me