Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, you can't follow that guide. You need to go back to a clean 9.0-9.2 sysNAND backup, and use the v1 A9LH payload files, with the older SafeA9LHInstaller.

v2 doesn't let you downgrade it.

View attachment 52660

(Read from bottom to top)

Got that info from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-choose-bin-file-to-load.430461/#post-6440943
I downgraded my O3DS with d0k3's SafeInstaller with no issue (https://github.com/d0k3/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v1.5.2mod2). It can launch the Gateway menu without issue.
I used of course payload_input and data_input from a previous version of Plailect guide.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirming this. I did exactly that yesterday, works fine. You do get some kind of otp hash error if you don't use a modded installer (which is what Cerise ran into)
What? I never ran into anything. I've never done an update to v2, nor a downgrade from one.

I was only repeating the information that was given to me.

But thanks for that info, that using d0k3's modded installer, let's v2 users, go back to v1.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Just figured you had tried that and it didn't work. Does it matter?
It matters to me, because you're saying something that isn't true about me. Anyways, I am going to drop it here.

Also, I hear there is a way to run v2 A9LH + d0k3's Tools + Gateway.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller.419577/page-29#post-6432075

You'll have to figure how to get the files, and how to do it though. I'll update to v2 when there is actually payloads that take advantage of more space.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It matters to me, because you're saying something that isn't true about me. Anyways, I am going to drop it here.

Also, I hear there is a way to run v2 A9LH + d0k3's Tools + Gateway.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller.419577/page-29#post-6432075

You'll have to figure how to get the files, and how to do it though. I'll update to v2 when there is actually payloads that take advantage of more space.
That's interesting. I wonder why Aurora's version doesn't support Gateway, is there some fundamental technical reason or just that the developer has no interest in supporting it?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded my O3DS with d0k3's SafeInstaller with no issue (https://github.com/d0k3/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v1.5.2mod2). It can launch the Gateway menu without issue.
I used of course payload_input and data_input from a previous version of Plailect guide.

OK, so there's a modified Safe A9LH Installer 1.5.2. I'll be sure to add that to an update. Guess this changes things. My guide can use v2 now I guess. Since I can give people a way back to v1 if they need it. Gateway runs on v2 for me, using BootCTR9, for whatever reason. 3.7.1 and 4.0b both worked.

I'll have to update my stuff later though. I've been trying to hard mod my AUS N3DS XL. The card reader I ordered doesn't seem to work. Frustrating. The drive's just not showing the NAND no matter how many times I try. I was up all night soldering and re-soldering trying to figure out why it isn't working. Thought I might have accidentally bridged something or a wire was touching something so I trimmed them shorter, tried the main CLK point instead of the alternate, etc. I'm going to have to give up for now, I've been up all night. When I wake up, I'll update my configs and A9LH guide.

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I DO follow the guide, will I still be able to keep my EmuNAND that I used with my Gateway, or will I have to create a whole new one?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I DO follow the guide, will I still be able to keep my EmuNAND that I used with my Gateway, or will I have to create a whole new one?
Yeah, just pretend it says EmuNAND, anytime it says RedNAND... but if we're talking about a GW EmuNAND that was created via GW's menu, it might throw errors at you. As when GW creates an EmuNAND, it doesn't properly align it.

Though some GW users never really notice it, but I've seen the reports of people where the issue is pretty severe, while using their GW (in other words while being in GW Mode.)

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just pretend it says EmuNAND, anytime it says RedNAND... but if we're talking about a GW EmuNAND that was created via GW's menu, it might throw errors at you. As when GW creates an EmuNAND, it doesn't properly align it.

Though some GW users never really notice it, but I've seen the reports of people where the issue is pretty severe, while using their GW (in other words while being in GW Mode.)

Yeah, I did create it with GW's menu. So, I'm pretty much screwed then? I'm trying to go from Gateway to Luma 3DS

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did create it with GW's menu. So, I'm pretty much screwed then? I'm trying to go from Gateway to Luma 3DS
You might. If during the process, you start getting errors in regards to your EmuNAND then it's probably because it's not aligned correctly. I guess you could dump your GW EmuNAND and start from scratch, then once done either flash that GW EmuNAND onto sysNAND at the end with Hourglass9, or create a legacy EmuNAND via EmuNAND9's "Format SD (EmuNAND legacy)" and then flash your GW EmuNAND backup to that. (Assuming you want to be on a sysNAND+EmuNAND setup)

Edit: Again, when GW creates an EmuNAND, it isn't aligned properly, sometimes the issue is severe on some setups, on others, you might not even notice it.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i just installed A9LH on my N3DS XL (emunand GW and Luma3DS)
and just noticed they finally fixed the super stable 3D in GW.

i think the boot time in N3DSXL is 0.5 or 1 second longer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i also have N3DS and just installed A9LH emunand (no NAND swap)
and i am using dual boot,default is Luma3DS and the second is for GW if i want to cheat.
my DSTwo is working perfectly with Luma3DS.
So you installed Luma AND GWEmunand? Does this work?

I'm about to do this with a New 3DS and read through Plailects guide already, but feel a bit unsure if I understand everything right.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might. If during the process, you start getting errors in regards to your EmuNAND then it's probably because it's not aligned correctly. I guess you could dump your GW EmuNAND and start from scratch, then once done either flash that GW EmuNAND onto sysNAND at the end with Hourglass9, or create a legacy EmuNAND via EmuNAND9's "Format SD (EmuNAND legacy)" and then flash your GW EmuNAND backup to that. (Assuming you want to be on a sysNAND+EmuNAND setup)

Edit: Again, when GW creates an EmuNAND, it isn't aligned properly, sometimes the issue is severe on some setups, on others, you might not even notice it.
Wouldn't it be possible to make a tool for pc to check if the alignment would cause problems and fix it automatically? Copying bits around on an sdcard and modifying partition tables is trivial stuff

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So you installed Luma AND GWEmunand? Does this work?

I'm about to do this with a New 3DS and read through Plailects guide already, but feel a bit unsure if I understand everything right.
Yes,i boot to emunand a9lh instead of booting to sysnand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: you guys need to stay away from @AncientBoi o.o