liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booting by holding L got me a screen that says "Gateway 3DS Time Machine"
"Fatal Error:
Could not open '/tm_n3ds_usa.bin'"

Whatever you are doing, this is the time machine from gateway's beta and it wants the file for your usa new3ds.

Did you use Plailects tutorial to get your otp.bin?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Whatever you are doing, this is the time machine from gateway's beta and it wants the file for your usa new3ds.

Did you use Plailects tutorial to get your otp.bin?

I just downloaded the modified SafeA9LHInstaller from this thread since I already have a9lh installed.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so confused now.

OK try installing the copy I uploaded a few posts back. Then holding B should take you into GW mode. Just eject the red cart so you get the menu. Then reinsert the cart once you have the GW mode icon, and try the combo.

Also, as I said, I'd like to check out the beta you downloaded if L is taking you to the Time Machine. Might be newer. Please PM me the link.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place otp.bin / firm0.bin / firm1.bin / secret_sector.bin into a9lh folder on your memory card.

Extract my package from page 16 to your memory card. Boot and safea9lhinstaller should pop up right away.

The included arm9loaderhax.bin should boot. Please confirm.

Last edited by liomajor,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place otp.bin / firm0.bin / firm1.bin / secret_sector.bin into a9lh folder on your memory card.

Extract my package from page 16 to your memory card. Boot and safea9lhinstaller should pop up right away.

The included arm9loaderhax.bin should boot.

He said it installed correctly. Said the hotkeys weren't working. I thought maybe the combo wasn't being detected correctly on his system so I uploaded my copy.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When all files got copied right, you can replace arm9loaderhax.bin with your desired cfw, luma or whatever.

XY (press and hold while turning on > red screen) should boot launcher.dat if its in the root.

Last edited by liomajor,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When all files got copied right, you can replace arm9loaderhax.bin with your desired cfw, luma or whatever.

XY should boot launcher.dat if its in the root.

Actually, I sent him my B and Start one. So, B should run GW. And START should re-run Safe A9LH Installer.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long he copied all files to where they belong, it should work with whatever button is used from stage1.

One reason why i left a9lh as default and not gw :)

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Remove GW Card, do the same again. Menu pops up, insert Card, press and hold B to load NAND, it says sysnand loading, hold it and press a > x.

Ah, gotcha. But nothing loaded. It's just a black screen. Is this like the old GW, where there's a slight chance it won't load?

EDIT: Second time it worked.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
GW 4.0a is buggy, use 3.7.1 - never failed me using a9lh.

But isn't the point of 4.0 to be able to "almost" directly boot into sysNAND/a9lh Gateway mode?

Well, looks like Gateway still doesn't support GBA games, even with the a9lh bullshit I just did.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But isn't the point of 4.0 to be able to "almost" directly boot into sysNAND/a9lh Gateway mode?

No, you could even use OLD 3.4.1 if your emunand is somewhat 9.5, besides it's 4.0a and a testversion,
expect horrible bugs like blackscreen, screen flickering and so on. A9LH breaks GW's nand restore since
there is no proper region detection. There will be SOON a new release when beta ends > 48hrs after.

Last edited by liomajor,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
No, you could even use OLD 3.4.1 if your emunand is somewhat 9.5, besides it's 4.0a and a testversion,
expect horrible bugs like blackscreen, screen flickering and so on. A9LH breaks GW's nand restore since
there is no proper region detection. There will be SOON a new release when beta ends > 48hrs after.
Have you heard anything from them in the last 5 days?

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, their site has stated they're in the "final beta testing phase" for the past two days. There's a reason why it's called Gatewait.

I honestly thought this was going to be a solution where you could load your a9lh sysNAND with Gateway launcher.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, their site has stated they're in the "final beta testing phase" for the past two days. There's a reason why it's called Gatewait.

I honestly thought this was going to be a solution where you could load your a9lh sysNAND with Gateway launcher.

Well, you can launch SysNAND. Just not very directly (unless you delete EmuNAND). Unfortunately, there's not many new features, aside from the A9LH installer, and the obligatory removal of the firm protection. GW still has several bugs to fix (or did at the time of this release, but hopefully they are making progress). But at least there's no more need to use MenuHax or GW CIA to run their "Launcher.dat" files. From what I've read, they're planning to stick with EmuNAND. However, they are a business. When enough people report a concern or problem, they tend to respond. They want their customers to be happy after all. Like the time I e-mailed them about not including a SysNAND mode to use with their MSET downgrade, and informed them that their method as written downgraded MSET on EmuNAND instead. Many others did the same, apparently, and they were quick to respond with a fix. So, by all means, send them an e-mail expressing your concerns. Be polite though. Express your disappointment in a civil manner.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can launch SysNAND. Just not very directly (unless you delete EmuNAND). Unfortunately, there's not many new features, aside from the A9LH installer, and the obligatory removal of the firm protection. GW still has several bugs to fix (or did at the time of this release, but hopefully they are making progress). But at least there's no more need to use MenuHax or GW CIA to run their "Launcher.dat" files. From what I've read, they're planning to stick with EmuNAND. However, they are a business. When enough people report a concern or problem, they tend to respond. They want their customers to be happy after all. Like the time I e-mailed them about not including a SysNAND mode to use with their MSET downgrade, and informed them that their method as written downgraded MSET on EmuNAND instead. Many others did the same, apparently, and they were quick to respond with a fix. So, by all means, send them an e-mail expressing your concerns. Be polite though. Express your disappointment in a civil manner.

Where, the [email protected] one?

I really wish there was no need for emuNAND anymore. It takes up around 2.1 GB on the SD card, space that would be best used for updates and DLC.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Not expecting Gateway to release their 4.0 soon anymore, I'm pretty happy with liomajors work around. Now my GW emunand boots fast by default XD
Thanks!

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Easy Install using safeA9LHinstaller

2. Copy the following files to A9LH folder: OTP.BIN (your own!) / firm0.bin / firm1.bin / secret_sector.bin
I have a simple question. it has been awhile since I installed a9lh (using it with Luma) on my O3DS XL. I do have my otp.bin but where can I find the firm0.bin and firm1.bin (can I dump these partitions via Decrypt9?). And do I need the secret sector.bin as I understand it is for New3DS only.

Thanks in advance

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a simple question. it has been awhile since I installed a9lh (using it with Luma) on my O3DS XL. I do have my otp.bin but where can I find the firm0.bin and firm1.bin (can I dump these partitions via Decrypt9?). And do I need the secret sector.bin as I understand it is for New3DS only.

Thanks in advance
You can find these files con plailect's guide part 5 on "input_payloads.zip" (you need to download this file)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...