Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Move the "arm9loaderhax.bin" to your "luma" folder, and restore your original "arm9loaderhax.bin" (from Luma, your boot manager, etc.). And you have to hold the hotkeys when powering the system on to run GW or "a9lh/arm9loaderhax.bin".

I don't have that file in my Luma folder.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have that file in my Luma folder.

What I meant to say was, move the included "arm9loaderhax.bin" to your "a9lh" folder. Then put your original "arm9loaderhax.bin" back onto the root of the card. If you followed Plaillect's guide, that will be in your downloaded copy of Luma3DS.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
What I meant to say was, move the included "arm9loaderhax.bin" to your "a9lh" folder. Then put your original "arm9loaderhax.bin" back onto the root of the card. If you followed Plaillect's guide, that will be in your downloaded copy of Luma3DS.

I dunno.... I had to download Luma3DS again anyway 'cause it's been updated since I got v5.2.

What are the default buttons now? Do I still need my emuNAND to use Gateway?

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno.... I had to download Luma3DS again anyway 'cause it's been updated since I got v5.2.

All you should need to do is copy the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from the new 5.5 version to the root of your card. That's all the A9LH version needs to run (well, it needs the "luma" folder to store it's configuration file, firmware.bin if you wish to use it, and chainloader payloads if you want to use the chain loader, but you shouldn't need to update anything in that folder, though you might want to delete your old configuration file just in case there's an incompatibility).

The default buttons are X+Y to run GW, and X+A to run "a9lh/arm9loaderhax.bin" -- that's why I suggested putting the Safe A9LH Installer there, in case you want to change the hotkeys later. All you have to do is delete the existing "payload_stage1.bin" in the "a9lh" folder, copy a different payload over, rename it to "payload_stage1.bin" and re-run the installer from hotkey 2.

EmuNAND is optional. You can boot to SysNAND if you have EmuNAND installed by holding L to bring up the menu, then at GW mode, hold B, hit A, release B, hit X. If you don't have EmuNAND, it will boot straight to SysNAND mode.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I have an emuNAND on 9.2, sysNAND on 10.3, and a Gateway card. I got the 4.0 private beta, but I'm not sure how this works with a9lh. Does this let me boot into sysNAND with Gateway launcher capabilities, or do I still need to launch into Gateway emuNAND mode?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an emuNAND on 9.2, sysNAND on 10.3, and a Gateway card. I got the 4.0 private beta, but I'm not sure how this works with a9lh. Does this let me boot into sysNAND with Gateway launcher capabilities, or do I still need to launch into Gateway emuNAND mode?

You can boot into SysNAND, but you have to hold L to get to the menu, then with GW mode selected (should be by default), hold B, hit A, release B, hit X. It still tries to boot EmuNAND by default if it finds one.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You can boot into SysNAND, but you have to hold L to get to the menu, then with GW mode selected (should be by default), hold B, hit A, release B, hit X. It still tries to boot EmuNAND by default if it finds one.

Booting by holding L got me a screen that says "Gateway 3DS Time Machine"
"Fatal Error:
Could not open '/tm_n3ds_usa.bin'"

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booting by holding L got me a screen that says "Gateway 3DS Time Machine"
"Fatal Error:
Could not open '/tm_n3ds_usa.bin'"

Well that's odd. What I meant was, hold the GW hotkey, then when you see the grey screen, hold L. Please tell me you copied all 3 stage2.bin payloads over, and didn't rename any of them.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing, I don't know what the hotkeys are other than R to boot into emuNAND.

If you didn't use any of the hotkey payloads, it's X+Y for GW, X+A for "a9lh/arm9loaderhax.bin" (and that should be L for EmuNAND -- at least with it's own NATIVE_FIRM).

zes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worth mentioning -- for me, GW 3.7.1 launcher.dat doesn't boot a sysnand-only system automatically, you need to do the hold-L-to-enter-GW menu, hold-B-while-pressing-A, X-to-confirm deal on the menu entry to boot gw mode for sysnand.

Launcher.dat from gw 4.0a leak, though, that does handle it, no need to enter the menu.

Reactions: satelman

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Holding X+Y while turning on your system should bring up GW mode then. You did say yes when it asked if you wanted to replace the existing files, right?

Yes, I did. What files do I need to copy over? I have the modified SafeA9LHInstaller, the Gateway 4.0 beta, and Luma3DS 5.5.

Worth mentioning -- for me, GW 3.7.1 launcher.dat doesn't boot a sysnand-only system automatically, you need to do the hold-L-to-enter-GW menu, hold-B-while-pressing-A, X-to-confirm deal on the menu entry to boot gw mode for sysnand.

Launcher.dat from gw 4.0a leak, though, that does handle it, no need to enter the menu.

L loads the Time Machine, which gives an error. B+A does nothing.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did. What files do I need to copy over? I have the modified SafeA9LHInstaller, the Gateway 4.0 beta, and Luma3DS 5.5.

L loads the Time Machine, which gives an error. B+A does nothing.

B+A? Who said anything about that for a hotkey? You have to be at the GW menu with GW mode selected. If you still can't make it work, try installing mine. It uses B and START.

Attachments

• Kazuma77's A9LH configuration.rar
    41.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by Kazuma77,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
B+A? Who said anything about that? If you used a custom hotkey payload, it's going to be single key presses. If you used the B and A file, it's going to be B for GW, A for Safe A9LH Installer. If you still can't make it work, try installing mine. It uses B and START.

zes did. He said B+A, then X to confirm.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zes did. He said B+A, then X to confirm.

Not as a hotkey. You do that when you're at the menu and have the GW mode icon in front of you. Holding B makes it switch from "Boot Gateway Mode" to "Boot Gateway SysNAND Mode", so then you hit A while still holding it, it should then ask you to hit X to continue, so you release B and hit X. Actually, if holding L doesn't take you to the menu, you can just eject the GW card. That will force it to stop at the menu.

Holding L going to Time Machine, though, that's a new one on me. Maybe you should PM me the link where you found your beta, it may be a newer one.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Not as a hotkey. You do that when you're at the menu and have the GW mode icon in front of you. Holding B makes it switch from "Boot Gateway Mode" to "Boot Gateway SysNAND Mode", so then you hit A while still holding it, it should then ask you to hit X to continue, so you release B and hit X. Actually, if holding L doesn't take you to the menu, you can just eject the GW card.

I am so confused now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone