The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Easy Install using safeA9LHinstaller

This allows to have three stage 2 inside nand to load them
using button combinations while powering your console on!

This includes only stage 1/2 files and installer!

A hardwaremod is highly recommended - use at own RISK!

Toshiba worked, Samsung NAND problem should be gone!

Before installing this mod, please make a backup of your sysNAND!

You will need your very own private otp.bin and other files.

Details:
Code:
Stage 2                Button    Sector         Offset                            Path   File to load

payload_stage2.bin   = Default = Sector 5C000 = (5C000 * 200 hex) Offset B800000  \      arm9loaderhax.bin
payload_stage2_2.bin = X + Y   = Sector 5A000 = (5A000 * 200 hex) Offset B400000  \      launcher.dat
payload_stage2_3.bin = X + A   = Sector 5A100 = (5A100 * 200 hex) Offset B420000  \a9lh  arm9loaderhax.bin

1. Extract the rar file to your memorycard!
2. Copy the following files to A9LH folder: OTP.BIN (your own!) / firm0.bin / firm1.bin / secret_sector.bin
3. Either use your desired entry point to load Homebrew Launcher and start safeA9LH installer or update with included arm9loaderhax.bin
4. Press select to install/update a9lh

Already using a9lh? Use arm9loaderhax.bin to update!

Tested and works with my own new3DS XL, Columbo2811 tested his Samsung NAND (old3DS)!

Video from Columbo2811's old3DS booting CFW/GW: > CLICK <

Restoring NAND:

Either, use decrypt9/emunand9 and reinstall your backup nand.bin
or use unedited safea9lhinstaller to update the current installation.

Backing up your sysNAND will include all changes you did!

Known Bugs:

All the bugs inside launcher.dat and thats nothing to fix for me.

Example: launcher.dat doesn't detect region properly for nand.bin restore.

Button Combinations:

Want different combos? Please consider using a boot manager or take one from this!

You can freely change their configuration files and use it as default \arm9loaderhax.bin

I don't suggest to swap launcher.dat's stage 2 to boot by default,
but thats up to you. Currently i'm not taking requests.

Have Fun
I just installed this on my n3DS and it works well, thanks a lot for this :)
I wouldn't have used GW's A9LH solution at all if it meant not being able to load anything that requires ARM9 kernel.

I had some trouble with the awkward button setup, because I wanted to have Gateway set as default and Luma3DS as secondary, but I wasn't able to load other payloads through Luma, most likely because I had X+Y held down.

So I scrapped that idea and went with GW as primary, Luma3DS on Y+X and CtrBootManager9 on X+A. But that caused CtrBootManager to automatically launch the first payload in the list due to A being held down. Back to the drawing board.

In the end I swapped Luma3DS and CtrBootManager around since Luma has no issue with me holding X+A. Now CtrBootManager prompts me to delete the first entry in the list because X is held down. But I'm not going to accidentally press start and confirm the deletion, so that'll do for now. Might switch to a custom button mapping later. I'm not going to be launching CtrBootManager or Luma very often anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed this on my n3DS and it works well, thanks a lot for this :)
I wouldn't have used GW's A9LH solution at all if it meant not being able to load anything that requires ARM9 kernel.

I had some trouble with the awkward button setup, because I wanted to have Gateway set as default and Luma3DS as secondary, but I wasn't able to load other payloads through Luma, most likely because I had X+Y held down.

So I scrapped that idea and went with GW as primary, Luma3DS on Y+X and CtrBootManager9 on X+A. But that caused CtrBootManager to automatically launch the first payload in the list due to A being held down. Back to the drawing board.

In the end I swapped Luma3DS and CtrBootManager around since Luma has no issue with me holding X+A. Now CtrBootManager prompts me to delete the first entry in the list because X is held down. But I'm not going to accidentally press start and confirm the deletion, so that'll do for now. Might switch to a custom button mapping later. I'm not going to be launching CtrBootManager or Luma very often anyway.

I take it you missed this then. You don't have to use the default hotkeys anymore. You have 18 alternate choices now.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, that's why I said "might switch to a custom button mapping later" ;)
I just went with the default option because it seemed fine, didn't realize until later how troublesome it was.

It can be tricky finding the right setup. Luma seems to give the best results with A for some reason if you're not making it the default (it's the only thing in BootCTR9 that would let me bring up the select menu, aside from running it as the default of course).

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
It can be tricky finding the right setup. Luma seems to give the best results with A for some reason if you're not making it the default (it's the only thing in BootCTR9 that would let me bring up the select menu, aside from running it as the default of course).
Weirdly enough, pressing A for Luma doesn't work for me, or it doesn't work to boot Luma Emunand... It does boot Luma Sysnand though...

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weirdly enough, pressing A for Luma doesn't work for me, or it doesn't work to boot Luma Emunand... It does boot Luma Sysnand though...

You could use CBM9 just to delay the launch if you're not using it for something else (you still could anyway, a9lh.cfg is in plain text within the .bin file, you can change it to something else with the hex editor of your choice, and run multiple copies with multiple .cfg files). Or BootCTR9 (it's .ini file is shows up as plain text within the .bin too IIRC, so you could potentially use that multiple times as well). Just set it to run Luma by default, and to boot it automatically, but set a 3 second delay to give yourself time to release one hotkey and hit another.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
You could use CBM9 just to delay the launch if you're not using it for something else (you still could anyway, a9lh.cfg is in plain text, you can change it to something else with the hex editor of your choice, and run multiple copies with multiple .cfg files). Or BootCTR9 (it's .ini file is in plain text too IIRC, so you could potentially use that multiple times as well). Just set it to run Luma by default, and to boot it automatically, but set a 3 second delay to give yourself time to release one hotkey and hit another.

I kind of made it work... If I press L + A it boots my old menuhax and from there I can boot Luma which boots my Emunand. But the payload I have for Luma is Just the press A button.

XD I guess I can boot to Emunand with Luma now. Just not how I expected it to be.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already dumped my OTP.bin, is there a way to utilise that with gateway a9lh without having to go through the install process again?

We have this now. And this to go with it. No need to downgrade again. Just re-running the A9LH installer isn't that big of a deal.

I kind of made it work... If I press L + A it boots my old menuhax and from there I can boot Luma which boots my Emunand. But the payload I have for Luma is Just the press A button.

XD I guess I can boot to Emunand with Luma now. Just not how I expected it to be.

Not exactly what I had in mind when I said to add a boot manager to the chain to create a delay, but, if it works. Can you get to the select menu? It sounds like you have "SysNAND is updated" checked if it's booting to SysNAND by default. You might try deleting the config file in your "luma" folder and setting it up again.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm able to bring up the select menu in Luma just fine, or at least I was when I had it set to X+Y, I haven't tried after I switched to X+A. I can't really use Luma very well anyway unless I get rid of the MicroSD Management CIA I have installed. It causes Luma to either freeze or show a black screen error when highlighted. I'm satisfied with just being able to use GW A9LH and run other payloads like Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 and GodMode9 alongside it.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
We have this now. And this to go with it. No need to downgrade again. Just re-running the A9LH installer isn't that big of a deal.

Not exactly what I had in mind when I said to add a boot manager to the chain to add a delay, but, if it works. Can you get to the select menu? It sounds like you have "SysNAND is updated" checked if it's booting to SysNAND by default.
Yeah I can go to the Select option and I didn't activate Sysnand is updated.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's exactly the point. They each serve a purpose. There's no need to be bashing either. I own and use both for different purposes. Some people just need to eat a Snickers already ;) .

GW takes advantage of OFW 9.2 to setup CFW, Sky3DS can do the same. Sky3DS with CFW is the best of both worlds. It is the best solution if accidentally updated to OFW 11 or higher and can use as an entry point with exploit game to access hbl / downgrade. If you have more than 1 3DS, Sky3DS can plug and play without transferring savedata but GW. GW should improve its functionality other than struggling all the way with setting up. I'm still loving GW but for now, only use its Launcher to backup my 3ds games.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Not exactly what I had in mind when I said to add a boot manager to the chain to create a delay, but, if it works. Can you get to the select menu? It sounds like you have "SysNAND is updated" checked if it's booting to SysNAND by default. You might try deleting the config file in your "luma" folder and setting it up again.

It now works! Using Luma 5.4 Arm9loaderhax.bin, the 5.5 was a bit dodgy.
Now I can boot Decrypt9 on Start, Luma on A, and GW on default XD

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm able to bring up the select menu in Luma just fine, or at least I was when I had it set to X+Y, I haven't tried after I switched to X+A. I can't really use Luma very well anyway unless I get rid of the MicroSD Management CIA I have installed. It causes Luma to either freeze or show a black screen error when highlighted. I'm satisfied with just being able to use GW A9LH and run other payloads like Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 and GodMode9 alongside it.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that was definitely not intended to be installed in EmuNAND (with EmuNAND running from SD, it tends to wreak havoc). Data Management or FBI 2 should be able to delete it, though.

It now works! Using Luma 5.4 Arm9loaderhax.bin, the 5.5 was a bit dodgy.
Now I can boot Decrypt9 on Start, Luma on A, and GW on default XD

It's probably your old configuration file then. Try deleting it from your "luma" folder and then booting 5.5 and setting it up clean.

GW takes advantage of OFW 9.2 to setup CFW, Sky3DS can do the same. Sky3DS with CFW is the best of both worlds. It is the best solution if accidentally updated to OFW 11 or higher and can use as an entry point with exploit game to access hbl / downgrade. If you have more than 1 3DS, Sky3DS can plug and play without transferring savedata but GW. GW should improve its functionality other than struggling all the way with setting up. I'm still loving GW but for now, only use its Launcher to backup my 3ds games.

I understand. Saves on the red card are one thing I'd like to see myself. You have to reserve space for the cheats anyway now (if you want to use them).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah, I see. Yeah, that was definitely not intended to be installed in EmuNAND (with EmuNAND running from SD, it tends to wreak havoc). Data Management or FBI 2 should be able to delete it, though.

It's probably your 5.4 configuration file then. Try deleting it from your "luma" folder and then booting 5.5 and setting it up clean.

I understand. Saves on the red card are one thing I'd like to see myself. You have to reserve space for the cheats anyway now (if you want to use them).
I have the MicroSD Management CIA installed because it works with Gateway and I use it rather frequently, so I don't really want to get rid of it. Now that I have A9LH I suppose using it from system settings wouldn't be that bad since I wouldn't have to wait 30 seconds for the 3DS to reboot anymore.
The issue seems to come from it being a zero key encrypted CIA, there is a decrypted version that should work with Luma as well, so I'll probably switch to that.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the MicroSD Management CIA installed because it works with Gateway and I use it rather frequently, so I don't really want to get rid of it. Now that I have A9LH I suppose using it from system settings wouldn't be that bad since I wouldn't have to wait 30 seconds for the 3DS to reboot anymore.
The issue seems to come from it being a zero key encrypted CIA, there is a decrypted version that should work with Luma as well, so I'll probably switch to that.

Maybe placing it in a folder would help. I seem to recall that when I had it on my EmuNAND, it only acted up when I opened my "System" folder.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe placing it in a folder would help. I seem to recall that when I had it on my EmuNAND, it only acted up when I opened my "System" folder.
I have it in a folder, it was mainly an issue because when I've used it without closing the folder it defaults to that icon the next time, so I might have been using it in GW mode and when I boot into Luma it goes straight to that icon and freezes immediately. The decrypted version should solve that though so it's not a big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup