Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so if i restore my sysnand, my emunand will still be there and i just have to run homebrew to reinstall a9lh with my otp?

Yes. liomajor includes a copy of Safe A9LH Installer in .3dsx form, so you can just use that. Just remember to include all 3 payloads this time.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were :ninja:

And posting 1 word replies is actually against the rules. Don't know how often that rule is enforced... just sayin'.

Fixed.

So why would renaming arm9loader.bin to launcher.dat not work?

Well, Launcher.dat's payload is probably somewhere in the middle of the file, not at the start, so, it's extremely unlikely to work.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy Install using safeA9LHinstaller

This allows to have three stage 2 inside nand to load them
using button combinations while powering your console on!

(snip)

Using @liomajor Easy Installer and @Kazuma77 alternate stage1 payload to make gateway boot using A I can confirm the following consoles as working

• n3DS EUR v11.0.0-33 + AL9H updated through arm9loaderhax.bin
  • 2DS EUR v11.0.0-33 + AL9H updated through arm9loaderhax.bin

Excellent job to both of you for providing such a great solution to the community :)
Hate to repeat information, but it's easy to get lost in fast moving threads. @liomajor I think it can be confirmed that this works on all Toshiba NANDs and fails on Samsung NANDS. Do you have an idea of what to do to make it work on a Samsung NAND?

and @CreAtor135 on the OP, somebody must be confused and thought they were in GW mode instead of CFW. Flash carts do NOT work in GW emunand.

Last edited by urherenow,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to repeat information, but it's easy to get lost in fast moving threads. @liomajor I think it can be confirmed that this works on all Toshiba NANDs and fails on Samsung NANDS. Do you have an idea of what to do to make it work on a Samsung NAND?

and @CreAtor135 on the OP, somebody must be confused and thought they were in GW mode instead of CFW. Flash carts do NOT work in GW emunand.

I might have an idea. Just did an fc/b of my before and after NAND dumps. Found another set of 00s that got overwritten. Another payload if you will. Location is 0x0B21F000 - 0X0B221FFF. Payload is 12288 bytes exactly. What do you make of this, @liomajor?

So i tried restoring with 4.0 and 3.7.1 i get NAND.BIN error

That's not good. The only way out then is probably a cart/ROM update (preferably in the 9.3 to 9.9 range -- before the browser checks). Only attempt it with 4.0a. If you try it with 3.7.1 it will brick you.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
I might have an idea. Just did an fc/b of my before and after NAND dumps. Found another set of 00s that got overwritten. Another payload if you will. Location is 0x0B21F000 - 0X0B221FFF. Payload is 12288 bytes exactly. What do you make of this, @liomajor?

That's not good. Only way out then is a cart/ROM update (preferably in the 9.3 to 9.9 range -- before the browser checks). Only attempt it with 4.0a. If you try it with 3.7.1 it will brick you.
What do you mean, i cant even get to the system. When i turn it on its red screen and boots to gateway without pressing any buttons

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean, i cant even get to the system. When i turn it on its red screen and boots to gateway without pressing any buttons

So, you can't enter GW mode? You mean, you have no cart. I hope you know someone you can borrow one from. If not, you could be facing a hard mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol