DylanRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
But its true that renegade/elite squadron modding would be pointless.

Why so? Elite Squadron and Renegade Squadron were both fun Battlefront games for PSP consoles. Sure, they'd be hard to mod, but stuff like modding in many more customization options makes it worth it IMO. Then again, they have thousands of hacks that do a lot of this.

ARC-117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so? Elite Squadron and Renegade Squadron were both fun Battlefront games for PSP consoles. Sure, they'd be hard to mod, but stuff like modding in many more customization options makes it worth it IMO. Then again, they have thousands of hacks that do a lot of this.
It's not the customizations that need mods, it's the control scheme...
Screenshot_2015-11-26-13-03-37.png

Reactions: ali_ihsan21

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm back sorry. I had login troubles but Cool felucia works for 3 minutes that progress right?XD

But its true that renegade/elite squadron modding would be pointless.
Welcome back Don, its great to see you again. I'm writing to some other forums too so don't remember if I asked it here before but I learned that there is a software to mod PC version of this game, to tell the truth I never even played it on PC, this way you can add characters and maps as you want.

I'm happy with your mod but there are maps which it left out that I enjoy for a long time when I want to play them I'm starting another mod or original version of this game. My question is this; is it possible to mode that application to work with PSP iso, this way we can add whatever we want and maybe make lots of different versions of this game ?

You said modding took 1 year is it learning or working on it, checking took this long ? For example if you want to make another mod does it take another year too ?

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
On a real PSP, the controls are no problem at all. On emulator, every game's controls is sure to feel awkward. Have you tried the "alternate" control scheme or just the default control scheme?
On a real PSP controls are problem, try any shooter game and then try these 2 games. Actually there is no need to try any game of PSP which uses face buttons for aiming and analog for movement it's like running in your hands while messaging with your feet !

Alternate scheme is like above and normal scheme is not a shooter at all when you press shoulder its locking on enemy without any aiming, what's the point of the game then ?

Reactions: ARC-117

DylanRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
On a real PSP controls are problem, try any shooter game and then try these 2 games. Actually there is no need to try any game of PSP which uses face buttons for aiming and analog for movement it's like running in your hands while messaging with your feet !

Alternate scheme is like above and normal scheme is not a shooter at all when you press shoulder its locking on enemy without any aiming, what's the point of the game then ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I always thought ES/RS had much better controls than SWBF2 on PSP. Without a second analog stick, I think shooters always have awkward controls

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I always thought ES/RS had much better controls than SWBF2 on PSP. Without a second analog stick, I think shooters always have awkward controls
PSP go has second analog when you connect ds3 and activate ds3 remap plugin, this way you can map face our direction buttons to the ps3 controller but I really don't need it if game's control scheme is designed logically.

As in Ice Age, Coded Arms or Star Wars Battlefront 2.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
In the weekend I was playing CommanderNorad's mod I felt it was laggy and probably because of that aiming late. I thought music.prx caused it because both music files and game was on internal memory of PSP go reading both at the same time probably slowed it, that was what I thought so I moved it to memory stick where DON's mod is but strangely nothing changed. FPS was low and aiming was wrong which was turning gaming into pain. I checked ever single map first on CN then DON's mod, checked settings too but all settings everything was the same even turned off game plugins.

I really wonder what's causing that. Don't tell me that its misperception because there are times I play this game for 2 hours non stop so that its easy too feel any performance drop.

Last edited by ali_ihsan21,

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
How many AI are there? If there's more than, eh, maybe 16, that'll probably cause slowdown on the PSP.
Don's mod have thousands of AI, I don't remember exactly how many but it has much lesser.

Btw I forgot to mention probably the most important which can cause lag which is compression but both of them compressed in dax format.

Last edited by ali_ihsan21,

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Don's mod have thousands of AI, I don't remember exactly how many but it has much lesser.

Btw I forgot to mention probably the most important which can cause lag which is compression but both of them compressed in dax format.

correction

thousand of reinforcement counts not AI thatd be impossible on psp.

your PSP would end up blowing up like the death star!

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
correction

thousand of reinforcement counts not AI thatd be impossible on psp.

your PSP would end up blowing up like the death star!

I'm not very much familiar with the vocabulary of the game, I just see 20.000 number above the screen for both sides but after a few mins of battle number dropping a few thousand.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
The first question is quite strange to ask...
Why do you think so ? I asked a lot of questions and only a few of them answered on this topic, Don is the best person who can answer. Can we modify the PC tool in order to use with PSP version, why modding took this long (was it learning or he was busy with school, private life etc.) the reason to ask this whether improving it would take months or its easier now since he learned it. Why we can't raise the number of maps, game is just 180 MB and galactic conquest mod taking . These are not just for Don there are at least 3 person who modded this game and must be a lot of who can but never interested.

Also I like to keep the topic alive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu