The SCP Foundation

Which is the scariest SCP?

• Total voters

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always hated all of these.
It's just Alone in the Dark with significantly worse graphics, twice the dark, and twice the stupidity. Seriously, the absolutely only reason people find these scary is because they scare you in the cheapest way possible: dark places with scary things in them.
If you want truly scary dark crap with a lot better graphics and a real story line, play Clive Barker's Jericho.

I truly never understood why people say SCP is so good. It's scary, sure, but only because of the cheap-as-fuck dark-room-scary-monster shit it does. That's it. That's literally ALL it does. At least Jericho has a unique combat mechanic, once you get past the initial generic FPS part.

I'm not speaking out of rage or anything, I'm perfectly calm. It's just that I think people that are fans of this game-series thing are less respectable than the people who claim to be "gamers", and all they ever play is Angry Birds. At least Angry Birds was an original concept when it came out, and extremely welly polished/thought out.

I was a dumbass again, sorry.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I've always hated all of these.
It's just Alone in the Dark with significantly worse graphics, twice the dark, and twice the stupidity. Seriously, the absolutely only reason people find these scary is because they scare you in the cheapest way possible: dark places with scary things in them.
If you want truly scary dark crap with a lot better graphics and a real story line, play Clive Barker's Jericho.

I truly never understood why people say SCP is so good. It's scary, sure, but only because of the cheap-as-fuck dark-room-scary-monster shit it does. That's it. That's literally ALL it does. At least Jericho has a unique combat mechanic, once you get past the initial generic FPS part.

I'm not speaking out of rage or anything, I'm perfectly calm. It's just that I think people that are fans of this game-series thing are less respectable than the people who claim to be "gamers", and all they ever play is Angry Birds. At least Angry Birds was an original concept when it came out, and extremely welly polished/thought out.

Protip Xuphor, we're referring to the SCP Foundation website, not the game. Lol

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

WhiteMaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Protip Xuphor, we're referring to the SCP Foundation website, not the game. Lol

Exactly.

However a very important thing, is that if you rush to play the game without at least "basic" knowledge of the SCP Foundation, the game tends to sound a bit like what Xuphor described.

The game requires you to have at least some knowledge of the whole thing, otherwise it is not nearly as scary.

When I first played SCP: Containment Breach, I admit it wasn't that scary. And it wasn't that fun. Why? Because I didn't know what da f*** the SCP Foundation was OR what the SPC's were. Which means I got killed by SCP-173 all the time, and wondered if that was all there was to the game.

Then I began reading the articles. Shitting my pants soon followed. Tried the game again. Found SCP-096. Cried myself to sleep for about 3 days ;_;

EDIT:

This dude called "Storpey" on youtube, is one of my favorite "facecam" players. His reactions are incredibly funny and real, which is why I love him.

Here is some footage of him playing SCP.Containment Breach, and absolutely crapping himself:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Exactly.

However a very important thing, is that if you rush to play the game without at least "basic" knowledge of the SCP Foundation, the game tends to sound a bit like what Xuphor described.

The game requires you to have at least some knowledge of the whole thing, otherwise it is not nearly as scary.

When I first played SCP: Containment Breach, I admit it wasn't that scary. And it wasn't that fun. Why? Because I didn't know what da f*** the SCP Foundation was OR what the SPC's were. Which means I got killed by SCP-173 all the time, and wondered if that was all there was to the game.

Then I began reading the articles. Shitting my pants soon followed. Tried the game again. Found SCP-096. Cried myself to sleep for about 3 days ;_;

EDIT:

This dude called "Storpey" on youtube, is one of my favorite "facecam" players. His reactions are incredibly funny and real, which is why I love him.

Here is some footage of him playing SCP.Containment Breach, and absolutely crapping himself:

I don't mean to continue de-railing the thread, but I have to agree with Xuphor, SCP Containment Breach is a shit game with "OMG SCARY MONSTER CHASING ME OH GOD HELP" crap. It's the same as pretty much every indie "horror" game being released nowadays, dark game with a shit flashlight and "scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary monsters!!!!!!" chasing you while you collect...whatever it is you fucking collect. It's overused, it's boring, and anyone who gets scared by it is a 6 year old girl or they're faking.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TIL I'm a six year old girl.
Nah, you're just faking.

Faking you're a little girl, that is.
I don't mean to continue de-railing the thread, but I have to agree with Xuphor, SCP Containment Breach is a shit game with "OMG SCARY MONSTER CHASING ME OH GOD HELP" crap. It's the same as pretty much every indie "horror" game being released nowadays, dark game with a shit flashlight and "scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary monsters!!!!!!" chasing you while you collect...whatever it is you fucking collect. It's overused, it's boring, and anyone who gets scared by it is a 6 year old girl or they're faking.
Like WhiteMaze said, you have to have previous knowledge about SCP or it won't be interesting. It's a game by fans for fans, and presumes you're familiar with the whole SCP thing and with the setting, and that you get the references. It's a huge in joke, or rather "in scare", for the SCP fans.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I guess everyone has an opinion. As for me, I completely disagree.

Each SCP you find has a background, a "story" and a number of tests and procedures that you can find in the corresponding document at the SCP wiki.

If you mention games like Slenderman, Stairs, The Corridor, etc etc, I agree.

However this is NOT the case with SCP: Containment Breach. I say again, you either read the articles and THEN play the game, or it will look like another of those pointless games.

There isn't a single "monster" in SCP:Containment Breach that is just there to make you jump. Every single SCP featured in the game, has been evaluated by the community and chosen whether to feature in the game or not. If you want to know more about any SCP you encounter, just load up the SCP wiki and you will find out.

Like WhiteMaze said, you have to have previous knowledge about SCP or it won't be interesting. It's a game by fans for fans, and presumes you're familiar with the whole SCP thing and with the setting, and that you get the references. It's a huge in joke, or rather "in scare", for the SCP fans.

Exactly.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I guess everyone has an opinion. As for me, I completely disagree.

Each SCP you find has a background, a "story" and a number of tests and procedures that you can find in the corresponding document at the SCP wiki.

If you mention games like Slenderman, Stairs, The Corridor, etc etc, I agree.

However this is NOT the case with SCP: Containment Breach. I say again, you either read the articles and THEN play the game, or it will look like another of those pointless games.

There isn't a single "monster" in SCP:Containment Breach that is just there to make you jump. Every single SCP featured in the game, has been evaluated by the community and chosen whether to feature in the game or not. If you want to know more about any SCP you encounter, just load up the SCP wiki and you will find out.

Even knowing the background and reading the articles, as someone who has played a lot of indie horror games, SCP isn't special. I'm not trying to say it's a bad game, it's fairly well done and has a bit of play time in it, even a few jokes, but it loses its scare value quickly. After 20 minutes it just gets tedious, especially with SCP-106 running around and sending you to that shitty dimension.

WhiteMaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Even knowing the background and reading the articles, as someone who has played a lot of indie horror games, SCP isn't special. I'm not trying to say it's a bad game, it's fairly well done and has a bit of play time in it, even a few jokes, but it loses its scare value quickly. After 20 minutes it just gets tedious, especially with SCP-106 running around and sending you to that shitty dimension.

Hmm I see your point.

I enjoy the game nonetheless. Also, you are supposed to "capture" SCP-106 apparently. Haven't managed to do that yet.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Gahars you're going to be reveiving some tomatoes in the mail shortly.
Don't worry they're perfectly safe but you best leave them to ripen a bit in a clear path near your computer desk.

EDIT:

Also none of these are scary. Might be the poor writing of most, they tend to do things that blow apart the delusion they're trying to create, or maybe the fact i'm just nitpicking. Either way, not even a cringe and i've read a bunch.

WhiteMaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Also none of these are scary. Might be the poor writing of most, they tend to do things that blow apart the delusion they're trying to create, or maybe the fact i'm just nitpicking. Either way, not even a cringe and i've read a bunch.

Well I just wanted to share this with you guys since I find it quite entertaining and original.

If you like it and find it scary, then good :yay: .

If not, well I'm sorry for that .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck