The Pokemon Company makes official statement regarding Palworld

aaa.png

From the moment that Palworld was publically unveiled, the comparisons of the game to Pokemon have been rampant. Despite that, Palworld's development team, Pocketpair, has stated that they're not concerned with any negative legal action, as the game is not infringing upon Pokemon, nor other IP copyrights. Meanwhile, the former legal team lead of The Pokemon Company expressed surprise at Palworld, saying he was surprised, "it got that far" when the game was released.

Further adding fuel to the fire was a Twitter user by the name of Byofrog, who began directly comparing Palworld models to Pokemon models, showing similarities between the two. While all of these comments and reactions have been from the public, Nintendo themselves haven't made any statement, until tonight. The Pokemon Company put out a short press release, specifically about Palworld. The full comment is as follows:

We have received many inquiries regarding another company’s game released in January 2024. We have not granted any permission for the use of Pokémon intellectual property or assets in that game. We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon. We will continue to cherish and nurture each and every Pokémon and its world, and work to bring the world together through Pokémon in the future.

For now, there doesn't appear to be any immediate action that The Pokemon Company will take, but only time will tell if any sort of investigation leads to legal action.

:arrow: Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any proof of that? Or just getting all riled up over a lie you heard on Twitter?
Every single still, video and trailer about the game looks like something Logan Paul cooked up to scam people with. The insulting thing about it is that there's still people in the world wanting to give that clown money.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering how many days it’s been, I think it’s safe to assume the investigation went nowhere
Do you have any proof of that? Or just getting all riled up over a lie you heard on Twitter?
Like everyone repeating the same shit from Twitter, it’s obvious that he’s riled up by Twitter. It’s impressive how the hater keeps repeating the same debunked nonsense and clearly didn’t play this game.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would blame more the pokemon company than nintendo. The pokemon games used to be amazing when the nintendo EAD was involved, then the pokemon company got out of their hands and now we have this lazy shit.

therabbitofthenorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every single still, video and trailer about the game looks like something Logan Paul cooked up to scam people with. The insulting thing about it is that there's still people in the world wanting to give that clown money.
So, you have no proof whatsoever and are just talking out of your ass over imagined slights. Gotcha. The cryptobro isn’t real, he can’t hurt you.

It’s impressive how the hater keeps repeating the same debunked nonsense and clearly didn’t play this game.
I simply don’t understand them. They’re mindlessly riled up over ARK with Pokémon. Obviously I’m biased, I find the game somewhat addictive, but I cannot find much wrong here. Tons of content, a $30 price tag, an emphasis on user freedom at every step of the game. Modding is a breeze and world customization is amazing. Obviously the game is buggy, bases are Hell if they’re not on flat terrain (and even then my poor chicken keeps falling through the world and dying on fast travel), and progression still feels rough (3 bases at Lvl14 feels a lot better, IMO), combat isn’t quite there, but that’s all things that’ll be fixed over time, hopefully. Really the largest criticism I have IS that this is an early access title. And even that has some pros to it.

None of the criticisms are these though, because like you said they haven’t played, and probably don’t play much outside of Nintendo. Which would be fine if they weren’t so damn stupid and believe the first thing they hear.
Post automatically merged:

I would blame more the pokemon company than nintendo
I mean, aren’t they effectively one and the same? Sure it’s 3 companies that make up TPC, but Nintendo is definitely one of the major ones calling the shots. Especially because their hardware is what Pokémon is being sold on, and they make a cut of each sale.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I simply don’t understand them. They’re mindlessly riled up over ARK with Pokémon. Obviously I’m biased, I find the game somewhat addictive, but I cannot find much wrong here. Tons of content, a $30 price tag, an emphasis on user freedom at every step of the game. Modding is a breeze and world customization is amazing. Obviously the game is buggy, bases are Hell if they’re not on flat terrain (and even then my poor chicken keeps falling through the world and dying on fast travel), and progression still feels rough (3 bases at Lvl14 feels a lot better, IMO), combat isn’t quite there, but that’s all things that’ll be fixed over time, hopefully. Really the largest criticism I have IS that this is an early access title. And even that has some pros to it.

None of the criticisms are these though, because like you said they haven’t played, and probably don’t play much outside of Nintendo. Which would be fine if they weren’t so damn stupid and believe the first thing they hear.
It’s funny because yeah, there’s a lot to criticize the game for, I fail to see why people need to make shit up and or run with shit other people made up. If they played the game, they would have valid criticism. As it stands, their opinions sound ignorant and even almost stupid at points.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: therabbitofthenorth

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pachee no i wouldn't blame gamefreak (the devs) as they said once the've seen fan games before and are willing to hire devs for story writing (assuming they know fluent Japanese) iit's nintendo being the pricks here (Same situation as T2/Rockstar over mods for GTA games)

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
@Pachee no i wouldn't blame gamefreak (the devs) as they said once the've seen fan games before and are willing to hire devs for story writing (assuming they know fluent Japanese) iit's nintendo being the pricks here (Same situation as T2/Rockstar over mods for GTA games)
Pokemon games started to get worse and worse when they began to hire British and American people. They keep hiring those people btw.

Reactions: Snintendog

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you DIDN'T quote the wrong person on the retroarch thread. Well then. Palworld is just a stupid pokemon knockoff that I hope will fail like the others. (Like digimon, or fossil fighters)
Palworld is very successful amongst YouTubers and streamers currently, it has never failed to disappoint. Do you even play any of those games at all? :rofl2:

Reactions: Snintendog

BradTheHedgefox12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Palworld is very successful amongst YouTubers and streamers currently, it has never failed to disappoint. Do you even play any of those games at all? :rofl2:
Palworld is a phase. They will go back to the good game soon
Pokemon games started to get worse and worse when they began to hire British and American people. They keep hiring those people btw.
what did they do to you?

• Angry
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Palworld is a phase. They will go back to the good game soon
If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it. Go off and play with your Switch while you're at it, with your Mario and lick the boots off Nintendo. The new Pokemon games aren't as good like they used to be.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game