smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Nothing some distros are better then others...
1.png

You're English. No offence, but shouldn't you be speaking properly?
Also, congrats on 669 messages.
creep.gif

Reactions: Sono

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Linux is all fine and well, but how can one sit there and use Ubuntu? I used to run Ubuntu. It sucked.
I love Ubuntu, and I'm not switching. Ever. Probably.
Also, Ubuntu's the distro I got used to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in 16.04 it's flawless IMO. I mean, you can't play games, but otherwise it's a great OS for productivity and coding
A lot of games nowadays have a Linux version, and there are a handful of games that run perfectly under Wine.
But I don't really use my lappy for gaming anymore, so the lack of games don't really bother me.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran Ubuntu (16.04) for several months, but despite all of its pros, there were major cons I couldn't look past. Such as it crashing frequently. That was a deal breaker.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I love Ubuntu, and I'm not switching. Ever. Probably.
Also, Ubuntu's the distro I got used to.

A lot of games nowadays have a Linux version, and there are a handful of games that run perfectly under Wine.
But I don't really use my lappy for gaming anymore, so the lack of games don't really bother me.
my first linux os was a debian based. although i really love debian, ubuntu just looks more friendly. just compare the internet pages of linux and debian. or even the installation screens.
And, the lack of games(i know I can run them with wine but the perfomance is like halfed) really bothers me, so I just tri boot :yay:

I ran Ubuntu (16.04) for several months, but despite all of its pros, there were major cons I couldn't look past. Such as it crashing frequently. That was a deal breaker.
several months? how?

may I also know your PC specs?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
several months? how?
Appreciate the sarcasm, m'boy. (...Just in case you really don't understand, I meant I had it installed for a fairly short period of time in which I found I couldn't stand Ubuntu.)

Truth be told, I really don't know my PC specs other than my RAM (4 gigabytes) and my hard drive space (500 gigabytes).

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Appreciate the sarcasm, m'boy. (...Just in case you really don't understand, I meant I had it installed for a fairly short period of time in which I found I couldn't stand Ubuntu.)

Truth be told, I really don't know my PC specs other than my RAM (4 gigabytes) and my hard drive space (500 gigabytes).
the processor, is it an amd or intel? it should be in a sticker around your PC? Also, is your PC older than 10 years?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the processor, is it an amd or intel? it should be in a sticker around your PC? Also, is your PC older than 10 years?
Intel. Bought this laptop cheap, so only around three years old. It's not like what happens over in the Ubuntu scene (for lack of a better term) effects me, but does/did anyone else experience the same thing?

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Intel. Bought this laptop cheap, so only around three years old. It's not like what happens over in the Ubuntu scene (for lack of a better term) effects me, but does/did anyone else experience the same thing?
my 7 year old pc can't handle ubuntu. as a matter of fact it can't handle windows xp :rofl2: . i have lubuntu there. and it's still slow.
but maybe if your pc was crashing too much it might be because of some faulty driver. Maybe. because ubuntu generally trends to go easy on most PC's. or maybe you're running a chip which ubuntu doesn't have the drivers for/proprietary drivers

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 7 year old pc can't handle ubuntu. as a matter of fact it can't handle windows xp :rofl2: . i have lubuntu there. and it's still slow.
but maybe if your pc was crashing too much it might be because of some faulty driver. Maybe. because ubuntu generally trends to go easy on most PC's. or maybe you're running a chip which ubuntu doesn't have the drivers for/proprietary drivers
Something like that. It's unfortunate that going back to Ubuntu would be the equivalent to throwing my PC off a bridge, so I'll abstain! Winblows for life, I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill