Gaming The Nintendo Online Paid Subscription might end up being worth it.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,825
  • Replies 113

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have to also consider that paid online will most likely mean improved online, so we have reason to complain if online modes are bad. :P

Also means nintendo can dedicate engineers to making sure online modes are better.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call bullshit in the voice chat through a phone... Your competition have it implemented in their consoles, not through an external device... Also there is that vc rental thingy, why the fuck you have to rent them when your competition CLEARLY gives games for free that you can play as much as you want. I know ps plus free games cant be played if your plus is expired, but once you renew it you once again can play them. The vc bullshit is just temporary and when the month ends, you wont be able to play it anymore unless nintendo officialy release it to everyone on the eshop.

They are doing it pretty wrong imo :unsure:

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
What about saves? No news?
The upcoming Nintendo Direct may have news about it though they'll mainly focus on ARMS and Splatoon 2. It's probably going to be mostly focused on Splatoon 2 and a couple mins on ARMS (it's just Wii Sports' Boxing evolved).

D

Deleted User

OP
Hacks are not help? lmfao.

Anyway i didn't realize it was a PC vs Console thing here. I'm just saying PC online games have hackers, that's how it is.
Haha, dude. You never played PC multiplayer, did you? Hackers are rare occurrence in games, PS4 still includes hackers and you might not know it anyways.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anything wrong with 20/year so long as the service doesn't suck. What I don't get, however, is that Sony and Microsoft have been doing it for years, but when Nintendo does it, it's somehow worse?

Reactions: Shadow#1

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo does it and everyone instantly loses their shit, what the hell?
I don't see anything wrong with 20/year so long as the service doesn't suck. What I don't get, however, is that Sony and Microsoft have been doing it for years, but when Nintendo does it, it's somehow worse?
From what I read, its basically:
Nintendo is known to have shit servers
Most games for Nintendo consoles are offline.
The rent a vc thing is bs (I agree with this alot)
So on
basically its just more reasons for people to complain about stupid shit

Reactions: Xiphiidae

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol this is some unwritten rule! $20 is fine as long as they make it a reliable service and throw in a little extra here and there. This same rule applies to the pro controller, people pay $65-$75 for Xbox one and Ps4 controllers every day but when Nintendo has one it's too expensive and it has more tech and battery life.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I read, its basically:
Nintendo is known to have shit servers
Most games for Nintendo consoles are offline.
The rent a vc thing is bs (I agree with this alot)
So on
basically its just more reasons for people to complain about stupid shit

Regarding the VC thing, you can actually buy the game once the rental period is up, this has been stated in various news outlets, it's not like you'll forever lose the rental game.
It's double standard bullshit.

We don't know the facts, people need to just calm down and wait for more details instead of hating something that isn't even out yet.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol this is some unwritten rule! $20 is fine as long as they make it a reliable service and throw in a little extra here and there. This same rule applies to the pro controller, people pay $65-$75 for Xbox one and Ps4 controllers every day but when Nintendo has one it's too expensive and it has more tech and battery life.
Coming up next: Windows 10 users complain after Nintendo requires a system update for online play.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the VC thing, you can actually buy the game once the rental period is up, this has been stated in various news outlets, it's not like you'll forever lose the rental game.
It's double standard bullshit.

We don't know the facts, people need to just calm down and wait for more details instead of hating something that isn't even out yet.
That's the thing. You have to buy it in order to play it again when your competition gives free shit that you can always use if you are a plus/premium/vip/crap user.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo thinks too highly of themselves.

What's to play online with Nintendo consoles? Smash and Mario Kart? utter nonsense.

Gooduck with that Nintendo.
No offence but I would rather pay Nintendo £16.99p annually for there service. I used to pay Xbox360/ONE charges on £34.99p a year for Live Gold and barely used it and that's the truth, I honestly just stopped paying it in the end because it was just a waste of good money!. I had Nintendo's online facilities for free and always used it with MK, Smash, Splatoon, Tennis lots of games so I know who I would rather pay my money over too.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I play Splatoon and Mario Kart online so often, I'm happy to pay for the online service. Yeah, some of the offerings aren't awesome (VC rentals for one), but as long as it's fairly inexpensive and I get my online play, I'm good.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's -50pln off from 6 month PS Plus and -150 off 1 year PS Plus subscription here.
That's a very nice price for multiplayer [100pln, unline *cough* Xbox which reaches even 350pln]
So there's no reason to complain. $20 bucks isn't alot unless you're living on a street or you don't have a job.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not okay that Microsoft and Sony pull off the same thing, but least you can play the 'free' games longer than a month. Voice chat should have been included with the switch itself, as they are behind the vita in this aspect.

It will be worthwhile in my eyes if the online servers are actually decent and if you either keep the VC game you get monthly, or they give you notable discounts in the eshop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...