Gaming The Nintendo Online Paid Subscription might end up being worth it.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,779
  • Replies 113

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i like how you completely omitted uncharted 4 out, your avatar just screams nintendrone.
downplaying ps4's success is pure retardation

it's like saying wii was a bad console lol

According to what source did I omit Uncharted? Your imagination? Why do you deny facts with "you are a fanboy"? So I'm a fanboy to every console (including Sony consoles) except PS4? Is this the best you have?

Let me educate you with some sources outside your wishful thinking:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...selling-games-of-2016-reveal-a-few-surprises/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/2016s-best-selling-games-in-the-us-revealed/1100-6447090/

No Uncharted 4 on those!

OUCH

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's worldwide. His list is for US (maybe north america in total) sales specifically. Not sure how legitimate it is either, as it comes up first when googling it. According to my research uncharted 4 sold about 3.8 mil or so in NA alone in 2016 while FF15 sold about 2.2 mil (both Xbox One and PS4) copies in the NA. There's must be other factors that are determining the placements in that list (perhaps they did something like an average sales per month type of thing, as it is pretty unfair to compare sales of a game that came out earlier in the year than ones that came out later), but I don't care too much for it and I've already gone far out of my way to research something that doesn't really have any relevance to me.

How about this one then?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-best-selling-playstation-store-game-of-2016/

There are 2 (TWO) ps4 Exclusives amongst 20 games and they are not even close to the top of that list, that's how much people actually care for exclusive titles. It seems you'd have to pool 200 PS4 owners to find a guy that bought Gravity Rush 2, is that right? So what is PS4? A Netflix/FIFA box or a paperweight? LMAO

And guess where the best version of the 90% games that actually matter will be? That's right, Scorpio!

Oh the sweet retribution on those delusional ps4 boys who dare jab at other consoles! Feels so damn good to put you in your place.

Nintendo online service WILL matter because Nintendo, as much as Microsoft, does have good competitive multiplayer focused 1st party titles. Sony? Not so much.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to what source did I omit Uncharted? Your imagination? Why do you deny facts with "you are a fanboy"? So I'm a fanboy to every console (including Sony consoles) except PS4? Is this the best you have?

Let me educate you with some sources outside your wishful thinking:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...selling-games-of-2016-reveal-a-few-surprises/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/2016s-best-selling-games-in-the-us-revealed/1100-6447090/

No Uncharted 4 on those!

OUCH

using gamespot as a source lmao
forbes doesnt even work.

i smell strong hate for sony. yeh scorpio is gonna kill ps4 with it's great exclusives.
like gears of fail 4 and halo made by shitty 343.

forza is the only exclusive microshit has that matters. strong bias is strong

also that list is fail looking at it now, since it incorporates all platforms. nintendo exclusives out sell sony strange to not see pokemon on it.

Reactions: netovsk

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about this one then?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-best-selling-playstation-store-game-of-2016/

There are 2 (TWO) ps4 Exclusives amongst 20 games and they are not even close to the top of that list, that's how much people actually care for exclusive titles. It seems you'd have to pool 200 PS4 owners to find a guy that bought Gravity Rush 2, is that right? So what is PS4? A Netflix/FIFA box or a paperweight? LMAO

And guess where the best version of the 90% games that actually matter will be? That's right, Scorpio!

Oh the sweet retribution on those delusional ps4 boys who dare jab at other consoles! Feels so damn good to put you in your place.

Nintendo online service WILL matter because Nintendo, as much as Microsoft, does have good competitive multiplayer focused 1st party titles. Sony? Not so much.
That's online sales for the EU. Physical copies are also something to take note of. Sales based on another country aren't too reliable to get a worldwide opinion of, as I'm very sure you are very well aware, the Switch has had a very successful worldwide launch. That being said, it did poorly in some countries, such as only 80k copies in the UK at launch.

What I'm looking for is a worldwide sales chart. I don't think many exclusives will appear there either (for any platform for that matter, for as you can see, Call of Duty, despite ALL the hate it gets, retains it's number 1 spot). Also I wish they'd give me numbers. I don't see how final fantasy takes number 10 when it has 6.2 or so mil copies sold compared to uncharted's 8.4 or so. I still think they must take only a month or so of sales to make that list, as its' the fairest way to place them.

I'm not taking sides here. Just looking for accurate information, or more like precise details of it. Also the topic was whether the price of 20 USD is worth what nintendo is offering. Their multiplayer does matter, but if they truly cared they'd have improve the connectivity and the general quality of their servers long ago. You shouldn't have to pay 20$ a year just to have decent online games. Nor should you have to pay to have a voice chat that requires a compatible phone. This all should have been free. The 20 USD is just basically the 2 1-month trials of dated VC games. If that's worth it to you, then this service is definitely for you.

Mind you, Sony and Microsoft are no better, charging 60 USD or so per year. But at least you can keep the games and you get discounts on the online stores, something that nintendo doesn't offer (yet).

Reactions: netovsk

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
using gamespot as a source lmao
forbes doesnt even work.

i smell strong hate for sony. yeh scorpio is gonna kill ps4 with it's great exclusives.
like gears of fail 4 and halo made by shitty 343.

forza is the only exclusive microshit has that matters. strong bias is strong

also that list is fail looking at it now, since it incorporates all platforms. nintendo exclusives out sell sony strange to not see pokemon on it.

You're just too much fun. Don't get so angry man, we're all gamers. Here, gimme a hug!

\o/

There you go.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Most people will have their phones on them while playing a game--I don't see why plugging earphones into the console instead of your phone is magically less convenient. Heck, it enables you to use voice chat if, say, you're playing a game on your couch or w/e and can't stretch your cord across the room to your TV.
So I have to wear a headphone over my other headphone, one that is connected to the TV and the other to the Phone, and hope that still happens to be comfortable.... No thanks.

PS: Welcome to 2017 where you don't use cables to stretch a cord because there is wireless!

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about this one then?

Hilarious.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How about this one then?

I like Xbox and I will support it, I plan to go for Scorpio in the future.
But for that I don't need to be delusional, look out the window there is a reality out there, accept it.

It is a fact that PS4 has a lot more games than Xbox. (1558 vs 1129)
PS4 has the games that matter that are on Xbox, the games that matter that are not on Xbox and also the games that don't matter.
I hope you didn't lack sight to identify this problem, the first step to solve a problem is to notice it.
Microsoft needs to put more money in bringing software into the Xbox in order to stay relevant.
Yeah, Scorpio hardware looks great, but hardware without software is useless.

PS: fucking fanboys, and a couple of days ago I read a post stating the there were no fanboys on the Microsoft lane... wrong, fucking idiot fanboys are everywhere and come in every color.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: s157

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we know so far:
  • It'll cost about $20 yearly
  • Free monthly games are only monthly rentals
  • Voice-chat will be done via a smartphone app
  • This online paid service will come in fruition during Summer 2017 or later
And so on.

I'm not in the least optimistic about it but as I imagine I'll be playing Mario Kart 8: Deluxe for years to come, if Nintendo handles this properly then most customers will be happy to pay for it. Changing things such as, rental to keeping the games (as long as you're a paid member) and voice-chat via the console (the Original Xbox and PS2 both had voice-chat so don't tell me the Switch can't handle it).

And one thing that's extremely lacking right now... the eShop! The eShop is so bare-bones that I hope it becomes meaty, organised and more popular by the time Nintendo starts charging us to play online.

I know, for $20 you can't expect a whole lot but those things are pretty standard to have in today's gaming world so Nintendo shouldn't get a pass if they end up charging and having an online shitty service.

16 days to go 'till MK8D is out (yes, I'm super thrilled for the big day and I'll go straight to online play). :)

$20/year is actually a really good deal as long as the Switch's online services are on par with the likes of PSN/Xbox Live Gold etc. Its actually significantly cheaper than both of them, only time will tell, but if Nintendo can compete directly with Microsoft and Sony in terms of online premium services it will be well worth it, we shall see...

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
$20/year is actually a really good deal as long as the Switch's online services are on par with the likes of PSN/Xbox Live Gold etc. Its actually significantly cheaper than both of them, only time will tell, but if Nintendo can compete directly with Microsoft and Sony in terms of online premium services it will be well worth it, we shall see...
I pay $50/year for Microsoft's and I consider it a great value for the features.
If Nintendo provides similar features (including giving away free games for ever and discounts) I would gladly pay the same for their service.

PS: it is cheap.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@sarkwalvein You brought your opinions instead of facts and then closes the deal with the "fanboy" argument. Yeah I must be a fanboy to every console but the PS4, even though I have one and occasionally play it. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm critic of it. It's clear to me no decent arguments are coming up, just denial and "alternative facts" not to say otherwise.

I just want to make it clear that at $20 a year for Nintendo online service is a fair price point because unlike Sony, Nintendo does have exclusives with a relevant online play to justify the subscription for it. This is why I brought this up. Thank you.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@sarkwalvein You brought your opinions instead of facts and then closes the deal with the "fanboy" argument. Yeah I must be a fanboy to every console but the PS4, even though I have one and occasionally play it. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm critic of it. It's clear to me no decent arguments are coming up, just denial and "alternative facts" not to say otherwise.

I just want to make it clear that at $20 a year for Nintendo online service is a fair price point because unlike Sony, Nintendo does have exclusives with a relevant online play to justify the subscription for it. This is why I brought this up. Thank you.
There is nothing wrong with having opinions, as long as you recognize them as opinions instead of passing them as facts.
Also, where I stated fact, it was a fact. I didn't write sources then because I thought it was clear, but now you have the sources for the claims there too.

And regarding the price point:
I pay $50/year for Microsoft's and I consider it a great value for the features.
If Nintendo provides similar features (including giving away free games for ever and discounts) I would gladly pay the same for their service.

PS: it is cheap.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@sarkwalvein These are your opinions, you clearly said "PS4 has the games that matter that are on Xbox" which implies that games that are not on PS4 like Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2, Forza Horizon 3, Ori, Forza Motorsport 6, State of Decay, Dead Rising 3, Dead Rising 4, and upcoming titles for 2017 like Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves, to list a few, don't matter, which would be your opinion, which I respect, but nothing else.

Edit: BTW, I do think there are titles that matter on all platforms, my point is that the ones that are exclusive to PS4, are mostly single player or have a dead multiplayer with no competitive scene at all and this is not my opinion, it's a fact. That's why I brought up all this console war vibe here, to make it clear that subscribing to Nintendo online service actually makes more sense than PS Plus, unlike some actual fanboy previously said here.

Last edited by netovsk,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@sarkwalvein These are your opinions, you clearly said "PS4 has the games that matter that are on Xbox" which implies that games that are not on PS4 like Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2, Forza Horizon 3, Ori, Forza Motorsport 6, State of Decay, Dead Rising 3, Dead Rising 4, and upcoming titles for 2017 like Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves, to list a few, don't matter, which would be your opinion, which I respect, but nothing else.
Don't overreach. Also your list funnily contains many unreleased games.
What I am trying to say is that there are many more games on PS4, I am using the word "matter" even though what matters is subjective, but are you also doing so in the moment you state 90% the games that matter are on xbox.

I side with xbox, I prefer the xbox hardware and again I plan to go with Scorpio, but I hope Microsoft recognizes and does something regarding the scarcity of games that matter (I'm sure not only) to me.
Now, with users like you in denial of the problem I worry that Microsoft would just slack off and avoid solving it.

PS: and from your list of already released titles I sure care for Halo, Forza, Ori... regarding the rest I don't give a fuck, and that sir sure is an opinion.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
D

Deleted User

OP
The fact that you have to justify it to begin with should be alarming.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the pay2use basic feature side, maybe my mind selectively chooses not to see news to better my well being. From what I gather from OP its just a dollar store psn plus. Id rather pay a monthy and actually gain something at the very least while Im being shafted and forced to pay for basic features. $20 a year just feels like im giving Nintendo money for no reason "want the full switch experience? gotta buy the multiplayer dlc yearly fee but do not fear you also get to demo shovelware games for a few weeks"

At least psn plus n xb live (albeit never purchased any console subscriptions in my life) have some pretty great discounts and those weird instant game collection. Thats a much better way to do daylight robbery, pay a bit extra sure and this all is for again that which should be a basic feature, but here u go buncha games access to betas discounts yada yada

but at least the switch has games nice direct
all my posts are 30+ hours no sleep rambles, pleas no hate

Last edited by ,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't overreach. Also your list funnily contains many unreleased games.

Let me quote myself

and upcoming titles for 2017 like Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves

Also

I am using the word "matter" even though what matters is subjective, but are you also doing so in the moment you state 90% the games that matter are on xbox.

I didn't use it in a subjective manner at all, when I used the 90% it was very precise, it was 2 exclusives out of 20 top best sellers on PS4 according to Sony's list. "Games that matter" in this case implies games that the most people actually buy and play on their consoles. Regarding the "games that matter" on Xbox titles I mentioned, except for Ori, the remaining titles on the list clustered as AAA present on Xbox and not present on PS4. Those are very objective definitions each in their own context.

and from your list of already released titles I sure care for Halo, Forza, Ori... regarding the rest I don't give a fuck,

With all due respect, I didn't ask what pesonally matters to you. I'm not saying "games that matter" in a subjective manner, although I could. That's why I've been downplaying your personal preference all along.

Now let's just agree 3DS is awesome, shall we?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.