The MigSwitch can redeem expired Gold Coins, and maybe it can potentially do other stuff do.

ertaboy356b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just watched this video and they have found out that you can redeem expired game cart coins via MigSwitch. The guy in the video did not disclose the method but I wonder if this will result in a ban.

I also wonder if you can edit cart ids and redeem a bunch of coins. Maybe one day there will be an exploit to do such things. It's a pretty cool find nonetheless. It means that expiry dates are in the cart and not on the server.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a guaranteed ban. It's gonna be the same story as people cheating 3DS Badge Arcade for free plays, mass bans.
Most likely but why would anyone want free coins, if they will get a ban from downloading games online, whoever bought this most likely doesn’t care about being banned. Will be funny though if no one gets banned doing this though.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Now we are begging Nintendo for bans, aren't we? There is only 1 way i can think of how this works. You are swapping certs/UID files ect. between games.

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
so i looked the gold point request with mitm and all you need is a title id and the certificate, my theory is that you need to change the title id to a recent game. I won't try to not get banned (not worth the 0.60$)

kuroraiju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so i looked the gold point request with mitm and all you need is a title id and the certificate, my theory is that you need to change the title id to a recent game. I won't try to not get banned (not worth the 0.60$)
wouldn't that just be poaching gold points off a different cart then?

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
wouldn't that just be poaching gold points off a different cart then?
no, since the points would be tied to the certificate and not the title id

i really don't think editing the certificate is the way to go because it would become invalid. so the server is likely not checking if the title id is tied to a specific certificate

Reactions: kuroraiju

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Imagine thinking that Nintendo is not going to lock your account permanently if you attempt to do this. This is far more serious than the Badge Arcade play cheats, this literally gives you eShop credits for anything.

Last edited by Ondrashek06,

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
While piracy is "eh" at best, gold points are converted to real money, there is no way this is acceptable in any way, people abusing this probably will and should have their accounts banned.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
If one could only redeem 10 million gold coins or so, then it would probably be worth the ban..
You’re not the brightest bulb in the box are you! Once you’ve redeemed your 10 million gold coins and the Switch gets banned there’s a little problem… access to eshop is not possible and then Nintendo would just delete that account instantly

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...