The MIG Switch Thread

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Can I dump my NSP games from my CFWed switch to use them on MIG SWITCH?
Post automatically merged:

Other question:
Can I use only one certificate with all my dumps If I don’t care about ban? I mean will it works?

turkeylip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can check the initial data file and xci to see if they are compatible...without attempting to load the game on the Switch.

turkeylip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can check the initial data file and xci to see if they are compatible...without attempting to load the game on the Switch.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: frozencat

flextcg

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
i ordered a mig switch but it hasnt arrived yet. hopefully it will arrive soon. i had chatgpt write a python script to modify the xci file, to allow you to use pretty much any initial data bin file with any xci. maybe someone can test it for me. if not i will be trying once i get my mig switch, i just got my shipping notification so heres to that.

chatgpt wrote 2 other scripts that tried to generate an intial data file, but that was futile because i think the initial data bin is signed. so instead my thought is to update the xci only. if this works it could open up modding on original switches using only the mig switch.

but this script is based off the following information i found in a youtube comment:
the initial data contains 2 parts the first 8 bytes are the header, which is found in the xci. and the second part is the challenge response which allows the cart to enter secure mode in the cartslot. the sha256 hash of the whole initial data file can found in the xci as well. my thought was to reuse the challenge response, since dev carts can use a common response. the script is supposed to update the xci with the new sha256 hash and the 8 byte header from the initial data bin.

the modified xci still plays in an emulator just fine. but i cant test it on mig switch till mine arrives.

Python:
import hashlib
import zlib
import argparse

def update_game_xci_with_initial_data(game_bin_path, initial_data_path):
    with open(initial_data_path, 'rb') as initial_data_bin:
        initial_data_content = initial_data_bin.read()

# Extract the relevant data from initial_data.bin that needs to be matched in game.xci
    data_to_match = initial_data_content[0x0:0x8]  # For example, the first 8 bytes

# Update game.xci with the extracted data
    with open(game_bin_path, 'r+b') as game_bin:
        game_bin.seek(0x110)  # Assuming the data needs to be updated at offset 0x110
        game_bin.write(data_to_match)
    with open(initial_data_path, 'rb') as initial_data_bin:
        initial_data_bin_content = initial_data_bin.read()
        new_sha256 = hashlib.sha256(initial_data_bin_content).digest()
    with open(game_bin_path, 'r+b') as game_bin:

# Update game.xci with new SHA256
        game_bin.seek(0x160)
        game_bin.write(new_sha256)

def main():
    parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(description="Update game.xci to match data from initial_data.bin")
    parser.add_argument("game_bin_path", help="Path to the game.xci file")
    parser.add_argument("initial_data_path", help="Path to the initial_data.bin file")
    args = parser.parse_args()

update_game_xci_with_initial_data(args.game_bin_path, args.initial_data_path)
    print('game.xci has been updated.')

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()
I got my Mig Switch yesterday, and have been fiddling with it since. I've tried 2 initial data generator scripts, the first one did not work at all, the second one updated some lines in the xci and the initial data bin itself, and the one you attached only tampered with the xci, but none of them were able to get this game to work yet.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

I got my Mig Switch yesterday, and have been fiddling with it since. I've tried 2 initial data generator scripts, the first one did not work at all, the second one updated some lines in the xci and the initial data bin itself, and the one you attached only tampered with the xci, but none of them were able to get this game to work yet.
You can’t generate initial data that’s unique to each game. I’d scan your PC for a virus

Last edited by Flame,

flextcg

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It’s already mirrored elsewhere and we can’t link it here

You can’t generate initial data that’s unique to each game. I’d scan your PC for a virus
They were just very similar python scripts like one they attached here, there is no need for a virus scan. The XCI I got was different from the initial data bin, and these scripts were meant to make them compatible somehow, but did not work.

Reactions: supermad91

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo