Last edited by CoolMe,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
uh, can someone explain this to me? ^^
Some years ago (1984) When Apple was created, Steve Jobs managed to be invited at the investigation & development quarters of Xerox there they was developing a device called "mouse" and a graphical interface OS. Xerox HQ dismissed the idea because "who will use a rat?" so Jobs "borrow" the idea and his development team for Macintosh created the "new" OS for their computers. Even the HQ of Apple hoisted a Jolly Roger.

The day of launch of Macintosh Bill Gates who teamed up with software development of Apple launched a "new" computer made on japan by NEC with a new mysterious OS called Windows 1.0 on it which coincidentally was a Graphical GUI and comes with a Little Device with wheels and buttons.

Later when Windows become the de-facto OS, Linux tried to simulate their GUI, and when MacOS wanted by a better OS, copied some Linux features, by last when Microsoft did buy Apple the new Windows GUIs started to be a ripoff of MacOS ones.

Wow 40 years summarized on 3 paragraphs!!!

If you want to know more about the early days of that battle you can see the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley" or read the homonym book.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol