Hacking The maker of the iOS 10.2 jailbreak managed to hack the Switch

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
A new game begins.

Seriously though I hope back up loading is years way.

How is Nintendo going to gain any momentum and confidence from third parties.

Homebrew I no problem with that how about the exploit being called "Switch Over"

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A new game begins.

Seriously though I hope back up loading is years way.

How is Nintendo going to gain any momentum and confidence from third parties.

Homebrew I no problem with that how about the exploit being called "Switch Over"
What i hope is that rom loading is close but really hard and time consuming to install
so that users can hack their system but that 98% still buy games

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What i hope is that rom loading is close but really hard and time consuming to install
so that users can hack their system but that 98% still buy games
That's pretty much every hacked console, with the exception maybe of 'flash carts'. The amount of people who actually bother to keep an eye on the scene regularly enough and even risk hacking something in the first place is miniscule.

It's easy to think that because we're members of 'hacking' forums and surround ourselves with likeminded people or even that we find it easy to follow some '3ds.guide', 'brazilian method' or 'cbhc' that everybody is doing it.

The reality is most end users don't even know these things exist, let alone risk trying it in the first place. You have to be pretty diligent to get in before an exploit is patched or wait for a console to be on it's last legs.

Reactions: TVL and Don Jon

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It not importend what you exploit to say its hacking, so this is hacking too, even if its just limited to the browser sandbox.
Also this type of exploits will allow people to start searching for a way to get deeper into the system, so it's a needed first step and the first hack of the first layer for custom code execution, even if the switch was not the main taget of this specific exploit.
Yeah i know, but for most people "hacking=i-can-play-backup-in-1-week", The witch is not hacked, it just got a flaws that can bez exploited to enter,
yeah like i said, that kind of proofs, are really nice
PSP was by far the easiest console to pirate though. I remember back in 1.5 firmware days all you had to do was download, copy it to the memory stick and play.

A lot more accessible than having to ask mommy and daddy to purchase a DS card on a shady internet website.
It was hacked on 1.00 so even before launch on EUR and US x), anyway, PSP sales where great also, so, more weight to what i have said ^^.

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
I don't mind when it gets hacked by that I mean homebrew etc
I would rather wait a bit its a new console use it the way it was meant to then use it with homebrew
I would love BOTW mods all the things we could do would be amazing. Also emulators would be to. But I doubt that will come anytime soon.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Wow, it like Switch wasn't broken enough already. This will go in history as the most broken launch for any console to date.

It broken before it even release, get patch and then more problem arrive within a few days after launch and then it get hacked within a week. This will make Switch look nothing like a joke now and I would be suprise if nintendo can fix all of this.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is a fake. It's very sad if they are able to exploit it (leaving a door open-wide for a ROM loader) in just a week. Today, people doesnt care about pirating anything. If i were who discovered it, i would shut up or send the exploit to Nintendo and get some money.
And... Why theese things only happen with Nintendo? :rofl:
You wouldn't even get a reply. lol

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Shining Greninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, right. You know Switch has a partially-implemented browser for logging into WiFi networks in places like airports and such, right? And it's possible to use a DNS trick to make the Switch load any site you want. This can literally just be a HTML page, something basic like:
Code:
<html><body>
<p>by some random asshole for iOS only<br>may take forever to do</p>
<h1>done</h1>
</body></html>[code]

You can even see the Switche's browser running from the button prompts on the bottom.
And it was exactly that, if you closely examine the picture, you'll see that it's just a web page. The switch is not hacked yet

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so any names for the switch hack stuff homebrew
like will we continue with the "Iine"/Coffee stuff?

is it ios? (im like 99 percent sure it does not but since the entry point is ios related)
if yes ill start:

I-load=(loadiine)
I-dump=(dumpiine)
I-gecko=(gecko)
I-xploit CFW
I-hack CFW
I-break CFW

this is fun

Last edited by Don Jon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat