Hacking The maker of the iOS 10.2 jailbreak managed to hack the Switch

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so any names for the switch hack stuff homebrew
like will we continue with the "Iine"/Coffee stuff?

is it ios? (im like 99 percent sure it does not but since the entry point is ios related)
if yes ill start:

I-load=(loadiine)
I-dump=(dumpiine)
I-gecko=(gecko)
I-xploit CFW
I-hack CFW
I-break CFW

this is fun
I think naming conventions in the vein of "Switcheroo" are more ironic and fitting. Just imagine the "Switcheroo Backup Loader" being a thing. It's a great name on several levels :P

Reactions: Don Jon

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
That's pretty much every hacked console, with the exception maybe of 'flash carts'. The amount of people who actually bother to keep an eye on the scene regularly enough and even risk hacking something in the first place is miniscule.

It's easy to think that because we're members of 'hacking' forums and surround ourselves with likeminded people or even that we find it easy to follow some '3ds.guide', 'brazilian method' or 'cbhc' that everybody is doing it.

The reality is most end users don't even know these things exist, let alone risk trying it in the first place. You have to be pretty diligent to get in before an exploit is patched or wait for a console to be on it's last legs.

This is true. If the Switch were to load backups tomorrow there'd be virtually no difference in sales. People in poor countries won't suddenly have money for games, and everyday people won't suddenly become tech savvy enough to mod anything.

The only real difference would be whether or not companies could use piracy as a scapegoat for their own failures.

Reactions: Risingdawn

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He made an iOS 10 jailbreak in just 24h.
He ported his ios jailbreak from ios9 to ios 10 in just 24 hours.

But this is a lot less than a jailbreak (which requires multiple vulnerabilities and iOS is very secure), just read+write memory as webkit right now.

Teun1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He ported his ios jailbreak from ios9 to ios 10 in just 24 hours.

But this is a lot less than a jailbreak (which requires multiple vulnerabilities and iOS is very secure), just read+write memory as webkit right now.

Indeed. This is only code exec.

jorgemuela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is true. If the Switch were to load backups tomorrow there'd be virtually no difference in sales. People in poor countries won't suddenly have money for games, and everyday people won't suddenly become tech savvy enough to mod anything.

The only real difference would be whether or not companies could use piracy as a scapegoat for their own failures.

That's true. Here in México the Switch costs U$500 because there's no Nintendo Mexico or Nintendo LATAM and the thing go worse if you go to South America. I heard that the Switch is about U$700 in Chile and even more expensive in Brazil and Venezuela.

Reactions: Alex658

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's true. Here in México the Switch costs U$500 because there's no Nintendo Mexico or Nintendo LATAM and the thing go worse if you go to South America. I heard that the Switch is about U$700 in Chile and even more expensive in Brazil and Venezuela.

It's about 750$ here, at the current black market rate that is the only one normal (non-government) people can get. So yeah. Not. Worth. It.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's about 750$ here, at the current black market rate that is the only one normal (non-government) people can get. So yeah. Not. Worth. It.
I payed $850 for mine in canada, crazy as every outlet has been sold out since launch, only place to get them is ebay and they sky rocket like crazy because of it

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Here in my country (Panama) the Switch costs 350$ and for what i have found, is the cheapest country to buy it arround here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.