Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
the reason the iplayer was able to adopt a slot1 GBA Emulator is becuase it has all that extra power for decoding videos which M3 can't and won't unless they decide to make another version that has more power like an "m3i zerovid"XD

Tim Allan: MOOOOOOOORE POWERRRRR! *grunt grunt grunt grunt grunt grunt grunt* mm, cocaine *lick lick lick lick*

LycheeInsanitee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*I will probably sound like a noob in my problem.

Anyways, I have used M3 Sakura for a while and I love it. Later on, my friend used it and switched the game card to a real game card, and when I put the M3 Sakura back in, it wouldn't load. I put the sandisk card in my computer, and it said that I had to format the disk and it does't even work. I don't know if it was the switching game-cards that was the problem or something else.
wacko.gif
I thought it was just if you switch the gba packs, that was the problem, and I didn't do that.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
I have this problem with the M3 Simply and even the M3 Real, though the M3 Simply seems to have the worst trouble with this. I'd say I have the same problem with the M3i Zero, but I haven't been switching out the cart for legit ones.

As for the formatting the card, does your computer use Vista? XP is smart enough to not have a problem, but Vista at first kept wanting to eat my card up for no apparent reason. Now it just wants to run CHKDISK every time which takes an hour and there's nothing wrong with it. You'd think Vista would be listed as malware on antivirus software. I just wish I knew why Vista doesn't have as much a problem with microSD cards as it once did.

LycheeInsanitee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
I have this problem with the M3 Simply and even the M3 Real, though the M3 Simply seems to have the worst trouble with this. I'd say I have the same problem with the M3i Zero, but I haven't been switching out the cart for legit ones.

As for the formatting the card, does your computer use Vista? XP is smart enough to not have a problem, but Vista at first kept wanting to eat my card up for no apparent reason. Now it just wants to run CHKDISK every time which takes an hour and there's nothing wrong with it. You'd think Vista would be listed as malware on antivirus software. I just wish I knew why Vista doesn't have as much a problem with microSD cards as it once did.
I do have Vista, thank you. I tried to scan it and all, check the disk, and anything I could think of, but all it does is say that I have to format the disk or it will take days for me to wait for something, and nothing would come up.

ZippyDSMlee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Sakura for most things and all but I HATE it for MP3s I need that track bar to skip around at my leaser, is there any way to get it to use the movie gui for MP3s?

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
God damnit, why another TouchPod firmware update instead of Sakura? Sakura's the one with scrolling, the one where you don't need a separate screen to choose between NDS games or non-NDS games, you don't have pointless add-ons staring at you in the face, you can have more than three skins, you don't need to wait five seconds every time you tap the screen, and you even get a shortcuts screen for the last five games you played. I don't understand where in the brains of the M3 Team the short circuit is that makes them fail to see why the TouchPod is dead. Do they not like the fact that with the Sakura the folders aren't a pain to navigate and you can ser everything up the way you like because you can run anything from a single navigation menu? And furthermore, why haven't they solved several minor recurring bugs as seen in the first post on this thread that they had solved before, like that short cheat code display thing? Seriously, it's enough to send someone to learn how the Acekard2i works.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GreenBanana u need to buy a supercard. the supercard team seem to release an update once in a green moon. imo any update is good update.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
GreenBanana said:
God damnit, why another TouchPod firmware update instead of Sakura?

Obviously because that's all they're able to do. Sorry, but TouchPod is as attractive as the DSTTi firmware - - no need to get an M3i for that.

I changed to Akaio 1.5 now - it's not as beautiful as Sakura, but: It works! lol

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
God damnit, why another TouchPod firmware update instead of Sakura? Sakura's the one with scrolling, the one where you don't need a separate screen to choose between NDS games or non-NDS games, you don't have pointless add-ons staring at you in the face, you can have more than three skins, you don't need to wait five seconds every time you tap the screen, and you even get a shortcuts screen for the last five games you played. I don't understand where in the brains of the M3 Team the short circuit is that makes them fail to see why the TouchPod is dead. Do they not like the fact that with the Sakura the folders aren't a pain to navigate and you can ser everything up the way you like because you can run anything from a single navigation menu? And furthermore, why haven't they solved several minor recurring bugs as seen in the first post on this thread that they had solved before, like that short cheat code display thing? Seriously, it's enough to send someone to learn how the Acekard2i works.

Because the G6 can't use Sakura and also uses touchpod so they either have to drop the G6 (which would piss alot of people off) or keep updating touchpod.

Also be happy the new touchpod has real time guide that makes the M3 like the 3rd flashcart to have that ability (just an estimate).

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the download with TouchPod v4.5 Beta and the newest cheat database (updated 26 September 2009).

With the addition of the in-game text function, I noticed that some new files have been added to the SYSTEM folder for TouchPod. I added those new files to the Sakura SYSTEM folder, and I also replaced some files that I normally don't mess with, so I'm not sure if it will work just yet.

For the in-game text, I believe you just need to put a .txt file in the same folder as your ROM with the same name (e.g., New_Super_Mario_Bros.nds and New_Super_Mario_Bros.txt).

I only have the Japanese M3 Real with me right now, so I can't test this US/EU firmware. If someone can test both Sakura and TouchPod as well as the in-game text, I'd appreciate it
smile.gif

If there's anything wrong with it, I'll re-upload the SYSTEM files from the last update until I can figure out how to get it to work. Thanks in advance!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for checking. Instead of uploading a previous version, I just repacked it and replaced only the files that I usually replace.

But for some reason I have a feeling that by just replacing the usual files, I'm missing some files necessary to use the in-game text. Could someone do a quick comparison of what new files were added/changed from TouchPod v4.4a to v4.5 Beta?

Lathlas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming that you mean

TXTBUFF.SWP
RealTime
.DB
system.FON
system.ank
system.l2u

EDIT: I put those files in the SYSTEM folder, and everything seems to still be working fine. I have no idea how I'm supposed to access the in-game text so I don't know if that's working or not. I made a text file with the same name as the rom, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do to display it.

My hex-edited copy of KH365/2 seems to be taking a MUCH longer time to load than it did before, but once it loads (after about 45sec-1min) it plays fine so I'm not sure if that's related to anything here. It is the rom I'm trying to test the in-game text with so that could account for it, which would suck.

Lathlas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in that case it doesn't seem to be working in Sakura with these updates, because I tried that and there was no 'View Guide" button, back to the drawing board.

EDIT: I didn't mean that to sound as rude it came across at first.

jinzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Lathlas said:
I'm assuming that you mean

TXTBUFF.SWP
RealTime
.DB
system.FON
system.ank
system.l2u

EDIT: I put those files in the SYSTEM folder, and everything seems to still be working fine. I have no idea how I'm supposed to access the in-game text so I don't know if that's working or not. I made a text file with the same name as the rom, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do to display it.

My hex-edited copy of KH365/2 seems to be taking a MUCH longer time to load than it did before, but once it loads (after about 45sec-1min) it plays fine so I'm not sure if that's related to anything here. It is the rom I'm trying to test the in-game text with so that could account for it, which would suck.

Oh sorry lol

My system show me that, but this files are the only files with those names

sorry for mi bad english lol

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jinzo said:
I put this new files and works perfect

TXTBUFF.SWP
RealTime.db
system.fon
system.ank
system.l2u
Thanks, jinzo
biggrin.gif

I added the exact same files last time, but the only difference is that I also overwrote the g6dsload.eng file
wink2.gif

I've been trying all night to upload the file to GBAtemp, but I keep getting a "Connection Interrupted - The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" error. I tried again just now, and it still refuses to upload so I temporarily put it up on MU for the time being.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: