FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last series did have a couple of good moments, most notably
the original avatar sequence and Aang's family until they decided that was leading somewhere and almost deus ex machinaed it.

I have since also read a couple of the comics and they looked like they did well, assuming they were at least partially sorted post original wrapup then there is someone in there somewhere that knows what goes.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far this season is going really good, finally getting some breathing room. It is awesome to see Toph's kids develop and tenzin's family get development to. Instead of purely focusing on Korra.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then who's the second. Toph and Su are half-sisters afterall
The Legend of Korra is it's own story that stands on it's own merits. I expect they're going to leave alot of questions stemming from the 1st series unanswered, as well as questions brought up by the 2nd series. Who or who didn't bone some blind bitch isn't the biggest question of the series.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.avclub.com/article/nickeleodeon-pulls-final-five-episodes-legend-korr-207315

Did your series get canned? It (basically) did? Well, you better let the poor thing out!

lX4JWuw.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the show was not canned
the last episodes will be release digitally

When has that ever been a positive development, as far as more being greenlit anyway -- I can probably name several that have benefited artistically, for any show this has previously happened to? We may just about be seeing the first round of it with netflix and co commissioning shows and bringing others back.
Edit. Link because I can http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/12/day_break_among.html

Anyway I have still not seen a single one of these, might get bored around the time DVDs start appearing but not until then.

Reactions: Gahars

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the show was not canned
the last episodes will be release digitally

...Right. Canned.

When has that ever been a positive development, as far as more being greenlit anyway -- I can probably name several that have benefited artistically, for any show this has previously happened to? We may just about be seeing the first round of it with netflix and co commissioning shows and bringing others back.
Edit. Link because I can http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/12/day_break_among.html

Anyway I have still not seen a single one of these, might get bored around the time DVDs start appearing but not until then.

Apparently the same thing happened to Don't Trust the Bitch In Apartment 23. The show was cancelled, and rather than air the remaining episodes on TV, the network unceremoniously dumped them all online on a streaming service.

Of course, it's not officially cancelled, but it's clear that Nickelodeon is doing all it can to wipe its hands clean of the series. They're supposed to be bound to a four season contract, iirc, so I'm kind of curious to see how they'll wriggle out of it.

Drink the Bleach

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not saying specifically about it being canned or not, but Korra has a long history of less than ideal rating and early digital screenings. These digital fiascos have been happening since season 2, and I can't remember if season 1 had the same issues or not. Its not ideal to a series' health but they've been struggling with the idea of just what they're planning for the show. Apparantly just having the show air on TV, and appear digitally the day after isn't simple enough. I think they're using Korra as an experiment to find how to increase ratings. The Legend of Korra is Nick's only show thats an epic, and are probably usingg people;s wills to tune in for next week and using viewers as data for the best way to advertise. The problem is that Korra often shows up online well before it's TV air date which will diminish it's TV ratings,and once it's out in any form be it digitally or not, it gets immediately ripped and hosted on other TV-based internet sites designed to leak ad revenue. Nick is losing out on ad revenue because of pirates.

Korra's adult audience and a large sum of it's younger audience live in a "I'll see it when I want to" world and won't ever watch the show on nick, visit nick's site, or buy the dvds, so a vast quantity of Korra fans are doing nothing to help the show financially other than create internet buzz.

But believe me when I say that the Legend of Korra is subjectively one of the best non-japan animated series thats not a comedy (Archer is like way better). The fact that Nick got lucky with a hit and is holding onto avatars rights isn't doing the series much justice. Just watching any of the Avatar series is enough to know that the show just doesn't fit with other Nick programming. Not that I know Nick's current programming, I stopped watching Nick after season 1 of Invader Zim

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Books 1 and 2 are considered Season 1, and Books 3 and 4 are Season 2. This season is still under production so there are at least another 13 episodes after this Book ends.

As for Toph's husband, I think they are going to be going into that some in the current run of comics The Rift. The 2nd part comes out in a few days and we'll see which way they push the story.

Also, Nick has only themselves to blame for the ratings this season. They did some damage when they moved it to Friday night primetime for Book 2, and then they screwed it all up with Book 3 and only gave a week notice of the premiere date and had almost no promotion for it.

Drink the Bleach

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that, I assumed book meant season because the entire plot of the series and we've been waiting nearly a year or longer between books.

With Walking Dead I get the "half season" thing because waiting time between both halves is just under half a year.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's about time this show got taken out back and shot. It has been long overdue. Especially with the show not surpassing its previous season quality-wise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66