Santos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello everyone!
There was a problem with the left Switch Oled joycon. It is perfectly visible as a set-top box and works both docked and in wireless mode. The problem is that it doesn't charge. The console is new from the store. The owner of the console gave it to me to install HWFLY. Problem number two is that it is not known whether the problem occurred before or after the installation. The person did not check the console after buying it in the store.
There is a component with the designation 4N8 next to the connector of the loop of the left joycon. I compared the readings on this console with the readings on the working one. On the working console at the input (where there are 3 contacts), the voltage is 5.2 v, at the output (where there are 2 on the side of the joycon connector) - 4.7 V. I will attach a photo with a transcript. At this output - 0v, the charge on the joycon does not correspondingly arrive. I put this part 4N8 from working to problematic - the voltage did not appear. So it's not about him. Who has any thoughts on this issue?

Capacitor ratings next to 4N8: 0201 - 100 nf, 0603 - 1 uf

Attachments

• IMG_3501.JPG
    IMG_3501.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 66
  • joyoled.jpg
    joyoled.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 52
  • joyoled2.jpg
    joyoled2.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 53
  • joyoled3.JPG
    joyoled3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • joyoled4.jpg
    joyoled4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited by Santos,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I presume you have checked that the joycon is charging on another Switch?

The 4N8 is a lineair voltage regulator.
It could have been broken already.
These components cost about a $1 to replace.

Have you checked what the input voltage is (the side with 3 pins; pin 1 = voltage; pin 2 = GND)?
Pin 3 should also be high else the regulator will not output any voltage.
The Switch does control this pin 3 (EN) and decides to turn on/off charging.
I presume it does read the battery level over USB from the joycon.

Santos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
thesjaakspoiler - thank you for a quick and informative answer! I updated the photo in the first post - now it will be more and more clear. Of course I checked both Joycon and the rail. It is obvious that there is no power supply on a non -working prefix on 5 contacts (3 photos). On the side where the power supply (where 3 contacts) the voltage is normal - 5.2 V, at the output of the workplace - 4.7 V (5 PIN, 3 Photo). As I understand it, under the control contact, do you mean 4 in my photo? I tried to trace where he was going (4 photos) but could not do it. In diode mode, he shows an open line. Or do you mean under the 1 PIN manager in my photo, in diode mode - 0.56? Can you tell me, what is the 4N8 LineAir Voltage Regulator alternative? By name 4N8, of course, nothing was found.

Aymenmoham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thank you 2000 times

It was short By mistake, now everything is fine, these are pictures for review of those who suffer from what I suffered.

Attachments

• ٢٠٢٤٠٤١٨_٠٤٣٠٣٠.jpg
    ٢٠٢٤٠٤١٨_٠٤٣٠٣٠.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • ٢٠٢٤٠٤١٨_٠٤٢٧٤٣.jpg
    ٢٠٢٤٠٤١٨_٠٤٢٧٤٣.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 4
  • ٢٠٢٤٠٤١٨_٠٤٢٥٤٧.jpg
    ٢٠٢٤٠٤١٨_٠٤٢٥٤٧.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum