XP
Country
Canada

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone on Something Awful said other Mayflash controller adapters have some amount of input lag. Does anyone know if this is true, and has Mayflash said anything regarding input lag on this thing?
I doubt there will be any input lag on a wired adapter. It would be sad in this day an age for a wired adapter to lag, especially one that requires 2 USB ports.

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on Something Awful said other Mayflash controller adapters have some amount of input lag. Does anyone know if this is true, and has Mayflash said anything regarding input lag on this thing?
Every adaptor (even a straight-through cable extender) has some kind of lag. So yeah, it does. So does Nintendo's. For that matter, the original controller connected to an actual GameCube without an adaptor still has at least some kind of lag. The real questions are how much and do you notice it?

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darn it.. Well unless I can find a coupon code for either playasia or aliexpress, I'll be $10 short, it seems :/
Unless someone wants to throw money at me, of course. ;)

Well if I were in your shoes, I'd still buy it cause the Nintendo adapter is going for double the price as you may of known.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if I were in your shoes, I'd still buy it cause the Nintendo adapter is going for double the price as you may of known.

I'd definitely buy this if I had an extra $10. I literally just transferred the exact amount required for the MayFlash adapter before seeing they increased the price and I'm not in a position to just add $10 to something that was already adding to my debts :(
To make things worse, I can't even transfer my funds back to my bank account without paying a fee.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Every adaptor (even a straight-through cable extender) has some kind of lag. So yeah, it does. So does Nintendo's. For that matter, the original controller connected to an actual GameCube without an adaptor still has at least some kind of lag. The real questions are how much and do you notice it?

Yeah I guess I'm wondering how much on both
I played Melee and Brawl with wavebirds which were well known for their input lag. I have no problem with it personally but Im curious how they compare. We'll see when it's out I guess.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I guess I'm wondering how much on both
I played Melee and Brawl with wavebirds which were well known for their input lag. I have no problem with it personally but Im curious how they compare. We'll see when it's out I guess.
For whatever it's worth, the inevitable lag from the previous Mayflash GC/Wii adaptor that works as a Classic controller (plus the Wii remote itself) isn't noticeable to me, personally. And yet I do notice tracking lag with the Nyko Wand and I notice video lag from post-processed upscaling. So I'm thinking Mayflash's current products are fairly low latency, and I expect a wired USB adaptor to have lower latency than one that relies on Bluetooth. But that's just a guess based on my subjective experience with other products. Obviously we'd have to wait for someone to test to really know.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soon™, In a few days™, around the corner™, by the end of the week™, imminent™ ?

The Mayflash adapter was just formally given a shipping label and processed in Hong Kong. I'll have it in a few days if DHL loves me - gonna review it, and then at the same time host the giveaway.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any hints as to how to enter?

Laughter. That's all I'll say for right now. This contest is solely out of my own pocket, so I'll be the one who will choose the winner of the item. Of course, I'll be removing all the user names attached to each entry, so no need to worry about personal biases. But right now, the hint is laughter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol