Gaming The Future of Donkey Kong

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knowing nintendo it will likely be a recycled side stroller.

i would love if nintendo would go back to when its games were great and make another game (or a remake) of DK64.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are people really concerned about given characters being in their racing game? It is the mechanics of those things I come for, and usually leave disappointed from as they are trying to clone mario kart rather than doing something good. I can see maybe being upset at a lack of a character in a mascot fighter like smash brothers; despite what the competition types want to tell me smash ain't deep mechanical play.

Don't get why DK64 is hated but crap like Ghost Recon and Gears of War is praised for being the same "shooter" crap! BioShock is alright, at least it has a unique setting.
Are we doing this oh noes the M ratings is ruining my infantilization stuff again?

Anyway I don't think Donkey Kong 64 is hated as much as aged horribly and with many evident flaws that were fixed in, and then subsequently surpassed by, a variety of other games both on the system and from the same dev.

On Bioshock unique setting it is a dark and grotty failed science experiment set inside a base where the outside will kill you. Not a lot different to on top of a mountain, on a space station, on a space ship, in a dark and ruined castle.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think when you mention the likes of gears of war and ghost recon is that sure its a shooter etc but they have a new story line, where as majority of nintendo titles its the same thing basically.

zelda has always been basically enter dungeon, kill boss, repeat, kill gannon, save princess
mario has always been basically enter level, collect star, repeat, kill bowser, save princess
dk, enter level, collect bananas, repeat, kill K.rool save DK isles and banana hoard

gears of war each game has a different story/boss, sure its gameplay genre is a shooter, but then you can say the same about mario, its a platform game, zelda is an action adventure...... you dont categorize them with other titles of the same genre so why do you categorize gears/ghost/other popular titles nintendo dont get?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Prob smelled the same anyways +1