The different WiiU game's formats, and how to convert them

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by okeribok, Nov 17, 2016.

1. CreeperMario

Member CreeperMario Falling through the "void"

Australia
    I think it depends on what dialect of English is being used (in the same way that people spell "color" and "colour"). I just went with what auto-correct was telling me.

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I see, thanks.
    I wasn't sure I used the correct one, so I tried to harmonize the choices and always use the "er" suffix, but some of them feel strange when I read them :P
    I added your chart on my post, I reduced its size .. maybe too much it's maybe a little small.

anyway, thank you for your help :)

CreeperMario likes this.
  3. Przemas

Newcomer Przemas Member

Ireland
    Could you give me link to this
    Wiiu installer packer V5

I have problem download from
    http://www.linkbucks.com/BHK5 can you give me different link or decrypted

4. Erxkum

Newcomer Erxkum Member

Portugal
    I want to mod Project Zero 2 Wii Edition Virtual Console and then pack it again to WUP, I know to to decrypt and encrypt, I already have the game in Raw game data form(code/content/meta) I just don't know how to access the game data to mod, I'm trying to undub the game and uncensor but I am clueless how to access the data.

5. CreeperMario

Member CreeperMario Falling through the "void"

Australia
    You mentioned that you have the decrypted contents of the game (as in you have three folders - code, content and meta).
    The game's data files will most likely be in the content folder. However, they may be in some obscure format nobody knows how to decode yet, depending on the game. I have no experience with Project Zero, so I wouldn't really know what kinds of files it contians.

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I don't know enough about Wii VC either.
    I know there's a tool in the work (or completed?) which allows unpack/repack of WiiVC format, but I don't know if it also let you unpack files from the Wii ISO. I think it's used to get the raw ISO and put it back into a WiiU VC format.

If you get code/content/meta, I can only guess that the Wii ISO "for the wiiu" is inside the content folder, and after converting it to Wii format, you can use Wii tools (Wiiscrubber, etc.)

I can't help more without doing more research about it.

7. Erxkum

Newcomer Erxkum Member

Portugal
    Thank you for all your answers, unless there's a tool to look at the iso I won't be able to mod the game then.
    This is the content folder, I need some way to look inside those NFS files.
    2017-04-20.png