Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone help me out as I have been out the loop , (never played a game on wiiu even lol) right my wiiu is on 5.5.1 so what do I have to do to have hbl and USB loader installed ?

Is It
1. Change DNS servers
2.visit wiibru
3?????
4 install wud manger y mod
Then install USB loader game ?

Any advice before I start tonight , I'm so confused

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone help me out as I have been out the loop , (never played a game on wiiu even lol) right my wiiu is on 5.5.1 so what do I have to do to have hbl and USB loader installed ?

Is It
1. Change DNS servers
2.visit wiibru
3?????
4 install wud manger y mod
Then install USB loader game ?

Any advice before I start tonight , I'm so confused

Change your DNS settings so that tubehax 107.211.140.065 is your primary DNS (leave your secondary DNS blank)
Download the starter park from wiiubru http://wiiubru.com/appstore/ and place it on your sd card. It includes the homebrew launcher (hbl) and the app store
Vist wiiubru.com or loadiin.ovh - this will launch the hbl. From it you can launch apps such as the appstore - which allows you to download apps easily (homebrew games, saviine, loadiine etc.)
You will have to visit one of these sites each time you want to run the hbl.
So if you want to run wupinstaller

1. you'll have to go to one of these sites to launch the hbl
2. launch wupinstaller from the hbl

You can then install usb games.

[You can also use loadiine to play from your sd. This doesn't support online play.]

Guide for usb/nand game installation http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/

Last edited by x65943,
Reactions: skedone

justasiam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed your instructions to the letter. I uploaded the homebrew web files to my server at jcitech.net/homebrew. My WiiU is v5.5.1.

When I go to the web server on my WiiU, it locks up.

Is there any way to generate an error message that tells me EXACTLY why my Wii U locks up whenever I go to my server, of wiiu.insanenutter.com, or other exploit servers?

Last edited by justasiam,

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
Just wondering is it too soon to expect a noob guide to getting the latest IOSU hack and associated loaders working? Ot maybe there is already one that I have not seen?

Thanks,
M

Specht77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I'm having some trouble playing with my wiiu

I have it on version 5.3.2, I followed the loadiine v4.0 guide around a year ago, and played games that way since then without any problem...

Today I tried to play, and when I tried to navigate on Internet Browser, no page was working, I kept trying for about 30secs then appeared a message "Error Code: 112 -1006 / Could not display page"

So I tried to connect the wiiu to my android device via wifi (tethering) (had done it sometimes before and it worked fine)

But have a new smartphone now, so I deleted the connection on the wiiu and made a new one, as soon as it said it worked, I turned off the wifi on my mobile, I didn't want the wiiu to download an update before I configured tubehax

Configured tubehax, tried again internet browser, and no page works...

Not only that, but from time to time I get a message "Some data failed to download." and when I go to the Download Management there's an "Software Update" with Error

Have I screwed up? Is there anyway to fix it?

AdamvsMaximvs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone, I've read the Wii U hacking threads and just had a couple quick questions that I didn't think justified making a new thread;

1) If I make an image of my Wii U game disc, then load it, does DLC I've purchased from the eshop still work (Ie if I load SSB Wii U or Hyrule warriors, does my DLC work just as it does with my disc).
2) I have a few full games from the eshop (wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD for example) on an external HDD. Is there any problem using an external drive with the Wii U Homebrew channel? Or does that interfere with loading from the SD?

Thanks much for any help. I'm liking the idea of moving my discs to the drive (I've gone full digital on PS4/Xbone), but if DLC and such don't work I'll stick with discs I think.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone, I've read the Wii U hacking threads and just had a couple quick questions that I didn't think justified making a new thread;

1) If I make an image of my Wii U game disc, then load it, does DLC I've purchased from the eshop still work (Ie if I load SSB Wii U or Hyrule warriors, does my DLC work just as it does with my disc).
2) I have a few full games from the eshop (wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD for example) on an external HDD. Is there any problem using an external drive with the Wii U Homebrew channel? Or does that interfere with loading from the SD?

Thanks much for any help. I'm liking the idea of moving my discs to the drive (I've gone full digital on PS4/Xbone), but if DLC and such don't work I'll stick with discs I think.
If you use loadiine ddd should dump your disc+ dlc. Just turn on dlc in loadiine settings for each game.
If you use brazilian convert disc to installable and move dlc to usb then install game to usb.

For the second have the homebrew launcher doesn't hurt eshop. As long as you use the homebrew launcher + loadiine nothing is ever installed on the console

Reactions: AdamvsMaximvs

AdamvsMaximvs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you use loadiine ddd should dump your disc+ dlc. Just turn on dlc in loadiine settings for each game.
If you use brazilian convert disc to installable and move dlc to usb then install game to usb.

For the second have the homebrew launcher doesn't hurt eshop. As long as you use the homebrew launcher + loadiine nothing is ever installed on the console

That's what I suspected, thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm having some trouble playing with my wiiu

I have it on version 5.3.2, I followed the loadiine v4.0 guide around a year ago, and played games that way since then without any problem...

Today I tried to play, and when I tried to navigate on Internet Browser, no page was working, I kept trying for about 30secs then appeared a message "Error Code: 112 -1006 / Could not display page"

So I tried to connect the wiiu to my android device via wifi (tethering) (had done it sometimes before and it worked fine)

But have a new smartphone now, so I deleted the connection on the wiiu and made a new one, as soon as it said it worked, I turned off the wifi on my mobile, I didn't want the wiiu to download an update before I configured tubehax

Configured tubehax, tried again internet browser, and no page works...

Not only that, but from time to time I get a message "Some data failed to download." and when I go to the Download Management there's an "Software Update" with Error

Have I screwed up? Is there anyway to fix it?
TubeHax DNS is currently down. Use 104.236.072.203 (Chncdcksn Hax) instead

Reactions: Specht77

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Helllo guys

Quick question, I have Shovel Knight's disc with it's save data, yesterday I installed it via WUPInstaller and there is no progress, is this always the case or just something weird happened?

I'm planning on installing Smash too, but if I don't get the save file I won't even bother.

Sybok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm thinking about hack the virtual Wii of my Wii U, but there is an important issue to me.
If I hack it like says all the articles in the first page of this topic, what happens with my original DVDs? They will work normally? I will able to insert my original Wii games on the Wii U and play my Wii games from the DVD?

Thanks for all the updated info about this, and sorry if someone already ask about the question of original games in DVD affter hack the Wii U.

Last edited by Sybok,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm thinking about hack the virtual Wii of my Wii U, but there is an important issue to me.
If I hack it like says all the articles in the first page of this topic, what happens with my original DVDs? They will work normally? I will able to insert my original Wii games on the Wii U and play my Wii games from the DVD?

Thanks for all the updated info about this, and sorry if someone already ask about the question of original games in DVD affter hack the Wii U.
If you mean Wii disks, yes, they'll work fine. Burned DVDs won't work, though (never have and likely never will because of the Wii U's disk drive)

Reactions: Sybok

Sybok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you mean Wii disks, yes, they'll work fine. Burned DVDs won't work, though (never have and likely never will because of the Wii U's disk drive)
Yes, I meant original Wii disks. I thought the Wii disks were simple DVDs.
I already imagined that in order to play pirated games I would have to use a hard drive. My concern is not to lose my original games or the ability to play them using the original discs.
I plan to hack the Wii U to enable Game Cube games. The intention is not exactly to pirate Wii games (which will be a bonus).
The Game Cube games are my real target.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I meant original Wii disks. I thought the Wii disks were simple DVDs.
I already imagined that in order to play pirated games I would have to use a hard drive. My concern is not to lose my original games or the ability to play them using the original discs.
I plan to hack the Wii U to enable Game Cube games. The intention is not exactly to pirate Wii games (which will be a bonus).
The Game Cube games are my real target.

They're the same size as DVD discs in terms of GB, usually 4.5 GB for one layer and something around 8.4 GB for dual layer, but their format is very weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1