Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Found a post where someone with Super Mario 3D World in a red case had the 5.1.2 update (vs the older blue case that had 3.1.0). Mine was in a red case and it did indeed update to 5.1.2.

Can I assume if something says it's compatible with 5.1.0 (such as Homebrew Launcher) then it'll work with 5.1.2?
Ok, I installed Mongoose and can access it from the Wii U. Homebrew Launcher v1.2 RC3 files are in the correct place. Going to the site (192.160.0.3:8080) does nothing. I tried loading payload500.html, got an outline of a rectangle. I can click it and then the page is completely blank. Edited the index.html and changed versionNumber == "3.0.3.12.12" to 3.0.3.12.14. Now I can load index.html (via 192.168.0.3:8080 or 192.168.0.3:8080/index.html) and it automatically forwards to payload500.html, that rectangle outline flashes and then goes completely blank.

Is there a different version of Homebrew Launcher I should be using?
Just fyi, I did try wiiubru.com first, same blank page. I can access the site from my laptop, so I know it's working.

I think 5.1.2 may not be supported after all.
Based on the OP of the HBL, I don't think 5.1.2 is supported since it says 5.1.0 specifically, not 5.1.X (like it says 5.5.X).

Compatibility
It's compatible with WiiU:
3.0.0 and 3.1.0
4.0.0 and 4.1.0
5.5.x

But to be sure, let's bring in the big guns. @Cyan, is this the case? Would it be relatively trivial to get support on in-between versions?

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Like I said, there are too many versions floating around lol. I'll try to track down which ones I have exactly and then provide the direct links. I came across all of them through the many pages of the Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion thread.

My purpose of this thread also isn't to support every game that has issues in TCPGecko/Cafiine. I have Smash to try testing later, but for the most part nobody should expect me to be able to troubleshoot. :)

Make sure you are somewhere in Smash that is not loading any files... Find a nice static menu screen. You can also try dumping files with Cafiine v1.2 by golden45, but I didn't have any success running it, so my files contain v1.1 at this time.
Hey man,
Please help,
I have a second hand wii u, it was on 5.4.0 but I updated it to 5.5.1...
Can I hack it for loadiine? Can you please send me a good link?
Can I still play online? I bought mario kart 8 from eshop for online play.
Thanks in advance.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man,
Please help,
I have a second hand wii u, it was on 5.4.0 but I updated it to 5.5.1...
Can I hack it for loadiine? Can you please send me a good link?
Can I still play online? I bought mario kart 8 from eshop for online play.
Thanks in advance.
Slow down and literally read the original post. All of that there for a reason. Short answers: yes you can hack 5.5.1, no you can't play "backups" online , and yes you can play MK8 purchased from eShop online.

Reactions: Effi

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie, just purchased a second hand Wii U, and updated it to 5.5.1.
I want to play backuped games with minimum risk and I have a few questions:
1) will it block my online play in Mario Kart 8? (I bought a digital copy from eShop)
2) Can I play online with my original copies?
3) Can you please send me a good link or explain how to setup the hack?
Thanks in advance :)
1) You cannot play online with games running from Loadiine, but all other games are unaffected
2) Yes, you can
3) Carefully read the first post of this thread, it has all the information you should need + links to threads with info that goes a bit more in-depth as well

Reactions: Effi

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
1) You cannot play online with games running from Loadiine, but all other games are unaffected
2) Yes, you can
3) Carefully read the first post of this thread, it has all the information you should need + links to threads with info that goes a bit more in-depth as well
Thank you so much!
I tried to read it but I guess I miss something, should I follow this link? :
running-kexploit-5-5-x-w-haxserver-loadiine-homebrew-launcher-etc.424948/
Btw, does it save games progress?

Last edited by Effi,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!
Read at least the related Loadiine threads under "Forum Info," the entire "Hacking Methods" section, and the entire "Start Hacking" section. That should be enough to get you going. And yes, Loadiine does include a save directory

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!
Farther down the topics list... Homebrew Launcher and Loadiine.

Yes, Loadiine saves progress.

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Farther down the topics list... Homebrew Launcher and Loadiine.

Yes, Loadiine saves progress.
Thanks again,
1) Should I block updates after hacking?
2) Would not updating the console in the future prevents online play with original games, if so, is there any fix or spoof for that?
3) Assuming everything is OK, Can you please explain how to block Nintendo from updating my console?

I'm sorry I have so many questions, I just bought my WiiU and I really appreciate your help :)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again,
1) Should I block updates after hacking?
2) Would not updating the console in the future prevents online play with original games, if so, is there any fix or spoof for that?
3) Assuming everything is OK, Can you please explain how to block Nintendo from updating my console?

I'm sorry I have so many questions, I just bought my WiiU and I really appreciate your help :)
1) Yes
2) There's a spoof, look up "WUPInstaller" or "WUP Installer" in the search bar on the top right of the page (can't remember if it's in the OP or not)
3) That's in the OP

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
1) Yes
2) There's a spoof, look up "WUPInstaller" or "WUP Installer" in the search bar on the top right of the page (can't remember if it's in the OP or not)
3) That's in the OP
Cool, Thanks,
I guess I don't need to use any spoof right now because I'm already on 5.5.1.

Oh, and what's "OP"? I didn't find it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But to be sure, let's bring in the big guns. @Cyan, is this the case? Would it be relatively trivial to get support on in-between versions?
I don't have a lot of knowledge about the exploits. I don't know if the files updated on 5.1.2 break the exploit, but I think It could be easy to update it. to port the exploit to lower version, users had to find specific function address by dumping their RAM and analyzing in IDA pro.
Dimok provided a homebrew to get other addresses too (it should still be in the old loadiine v4 thread), but I don't remember if it was only for loadiine or for HBL.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have figured out how to run a local exploit-server on a Jailbroken iPhone, should I post some instructions? If so, where? :o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc