Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is loadiine region free ? keep finding only EUR games when I want to get some games for my system
Yes, but you'll have to rename a bunch of files in the filesystem from "eu" to "us" I believe
Sometimes games will just work region free (perhaps if there are no EU/US named files?). For example, Shovel Knight EU worked on my US system perfectly fine.

Basically, try to get your own region game. If you can't, try another region straight. If that doesn't work, search the forums and/or look for a possible file renaming solution.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ruanp28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys Im hoping someone can help. Ive been looking everywhere for a tutorial but I dont understand the jargon. Basically, I bought a wiiU second hand with firmware 4.0.2 E on it. My local stores dont sell the games with the updates required. Can I use this firmware as is for loadiine and play games that I want to download? Please can someone point me to a noob-friendly tutorial? I have Internet access etc. Thanks guys :)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys Im hoping someone can help. Ive been looking everywhere for a tutorial but I dont understand the jargon. Basically, I bought a wiiU second hand with firmware 4.0.2 E on it. My local stores dont sell the games with the updates required. Can I use this firmware as is for loadiine and play games that I want to download? Please can someone point me to a noob-friendly tutorial? I have Internet access etc. Thanks guys :)
Both the OP and the Loadiine GX2 thread say it is compatible with v4.0.x and v4.1.0 (NOT all games are working with 4.x though). You'd have a much easier time updating to 5.3.2. You'll have an even easier time if you learn the tiny bit of "jargon" required.

Basics:
- Download Mongoose
- Download the Homebrew Launcher and place on SD
- Point Mongoose to HBL WWW folder
- Download Loadiine GX2 and place on SD

ruanp28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both the OP and the Loadiine GX2 thread say it is compatible with v4.0.x and v4.1.0 (NOT all games are working with 4.x though). You'd have a much easier time updating to 5.3.2. You'll have an even easier time if you learn the tiny bit of "jargon" required.

Basics:
- Download Mongoose
- Download the Homebrew Launcher and place on SD
- Point Mongoose to HBL WWW folder
- Download Loadiine GX2 and place on SD
Thanks. I have been teaching myself the jargon proactively haha. I managed to get loadiine on my console. Ive tried to get splatoon to update but no luck, since we currently live in Africa. Im guessing if I update to the latest firmware I wont be able to get loadiine for it? Because I was thi king maybe I should just update and lock the future updates then, amd see if theres a loadiine for the latest firmware but I think thise youtube tutorials are fake...thanks for your time

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I have been teaching myself the jargon proactively haha. I managed to get loadiine on my console. Ive tried to get splatoon to update but no luck, since we currently live in Africa. Im guessing if I update to the latest firmware I wont be able to get loadiine for it? Because I was thi king maybe I should just update and lock the future updates then, amd see if theres a loadiine for the latest firmware but I think thise youtube tutorials are fake...thanks for your time
Do NOT update to latest firmware, Loadiine ONLY works on versions up to 5.4.0

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not do a system update. You should be able to download the game update on PC with NJUSTool or New NUSGrabber GUI and then put it on your SD card as the Loadiine GX2 thread suggests.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello

This is my first attempt with a WiiU. I have a system running 5.3.2 in my possession.
The exploits ran fine (after a few tries) while using the one hosted at wiiubru.com.

What I am curious about tho, is why hosting the exploits on my PC didn't work. I installed mongoose, and tried with both the Official release, as well as the modified (aio) one.
Mongoose seems to be running just fine, as I can load the browsers on my PC and on the WiiU. But there doesn't actually happen anything when it goes to /payload532.html.
The load bar finishes loading, and I'm left with a blank page. The WiiU never freezes or does anything strange. I can refresh the site as much as I like, with no indication that something is "brewing". I have tried rebooting WiiU, PC and mongoose as well as clearing data in the WiiU browser multiple times.
But, as mentioned, wiiubru.com seems to load it fine. I'm sure this problem has to do with my lack of investigation. If someone would point me toward a post that might be helpful, I'd be happy.
Also, I guess wiiubru.com runs the Official exploit? How does one go forward running the modified exploit?

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

This is my first attempt with a WiiU. I have a system running 5.3.2 in my possession.
The exploits ran fine (after a few tries) while using the one hosted at wiiubru.com.

What I am curious about tho, is why hosting the exploits on my PC didn't work. I installed mongoose, and tried with both the Official release, as well as the modified (aio) one.
Mongoose seems to be running just fine, as I can load the browsers on my PC and on the WiiU. But there doesn't actually happen anything when it goes to /payload532.html.
The load bar finishes loading, and I'm left with a blank page. The WiiU never freezes or does anything strange. I can refresh the site as much as I like, with no indication that something is "brewing". I have tried rebooting WiiU, PC and mongoose as well as clearing data in the WiiU browser multiple times.
But, as mentioned, wiiubru.com seems to load it fine. I'm sure this problem has to do with my lack of investigation. If someone would point me toward a post that might be helpful, I'd be happy.
Also, I guess wiiubru.com runs the Official exploit? How does one go forward running the modified exploit?
what should happen is the kernel exploit will kick u back to the internet browser, then u can load loadiine or whatever from there. have u tried hosting the files? something may be wrong with that site and its kernel exploit. yeah, try hosting the kernel exploit itself.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the reply. But I mentioned in my post, none of the two exploits seem to load when I host them myself.
The progress bar seems to finish loading the locally hosted files, and there I am. Staring at a blank site.
The first post mentions having the ability to hit A or B to load Official vs Modified version (for Loadiine). I see no indication of this working, or a prompt telling me to hit either A or B.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B is for loadiine. did u wait? sometimes it takes some time to load the exploit. the A or B selection appears on the gamepad btw.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I will give it another couple of tries. I am starting to wonder if it could be Windows Defender doing something.
I noticed lots of new stuff being quarantined.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldn't say. I once had an issue where mongoose was loading my desktop folder instead of the hosted folder, and advanced settings wouldn't load up (blank page). restarting fixed the issue.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I figured it out.
It was indeed Windows Defender quarantining the files containing exploits. After disabling Real Time protection in Windows Defender, I re-extracted the exploit files, and now it seems to work as a gem.

Reactions: fiveighteen

bonoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the time has come....

sx15jl.png

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out.
It was indeed Windows Defender quarantining the files containing exploits. After disabling Real Time protection in Windows Defender, I re-extracted the exploit files, and now it seems to work as a gem.
I wouldn't recommend disabling the Real-Time Protection, but rather add the folder as an exclusion so it doesn't get scanned and quarantined! Glad you figured out the issue though. :)

@bonoboy, there is already a thread for that, and I put the news in the OP already. Why didn't you think to check this website before posting a screenshot from a different website? :\

Reactions: bonoboy

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried hosting my own server again. I can connect to my laptop browser, but my Wii U just won't have it. I even created a simple html page and nothing. any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1