Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Cordre69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I got my WiiU on Black Friday, I'm amazed nothing has come out to let me mod it. It's been unhooked longer than it was hooked up. I'm on latest fw as of now.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

epicrean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why was the best guess release date of hykem iosu hack removed?

NVM I looked through and saw. Raided, lol. The problem with any hacking scene is you can never question the main "Hacker", people get furious and call you rude. However this allows for fake people to claim they have something, then last minute for something to go wrong like a "raid". Funny thing is you never hear about these "raids" on any news outlets, which is incredibly strange. I remember many years ago there was no PS3 exploit/jailbreak and a website popped up with convincing videos, lots and lots of technical information and many of it matched up. It got to the point where legitimate sites were linking to his site. Deadline on deadline was missed, meanwhile his "Donations" were racking up and up. If you questioned him you were flamed and often removed. Then he did the ultimate, announced a BETA. People were excited, the naysayers were put in their places. There was one catch, a small $10 fee. Needless to say his Beta never released. This is a problem in these communities, we are encouraged not to question these "hackers", even when all the evidence points to it being fake. When I work on my projects I give constant updates, report delays and am very vocal. I too work on projects in my free time, I don't get paid and get bombarded with the same stupid questions over and over again. If you want to develop anything, it's part of the game. I have zero sympathy and don't understand this part of our communities. I never had faith in Hykeem, I don't by the FBI raid story and don't believe his exploit is real.

There is exploits out there, we know that, but we also know Nintendo is shutting people down, it's just not their MO.

To end, people like fiveighteen are a glowing example of my point. He is constantly updating us on his work, rewording his guides and is extremely active in his own thread.

Last edited by epicrean,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBL has it integrated .. only need to load it the once.. or should i say just go directly to HBL .
Odd, I just tried it and told me it couldn't find the elf file, which is in the proper location on my SD card. I loaded kexploit, then HBL and it spewed out the error. I don't freaking know what I'm doing wrong :( This is starting to eat at me.

There's also a conflict with this guide and the HBL guide when it comes to hosting. The HBL guide says to hose the "WWW" folder, but this guide says to rename the "WWW" folder to "HBL".

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version of HBL are you using .. ?

Version 1.1, I thought 1.2 RC1 was unstable so I didn't use it. But once again, SD is set up with all the right files, HDD is set up with Mongoose pointing to the HBL folder, I loaded kexploit and then went to the IP address for my Mongoose and then I got the error. :(

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
not unstable as far as i have read... use 1.2 you dont need to load a kernel exploit . hbl should load on first visit... im sure we talked about this last night...

your sever can have the 1.2 files in any directory as long as you browse to that directory...

Last edited by pwsincd,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not unstable as far as i have read... use 1.2 you dont need to load a kernel exploit . hbl should load on first visit... im sure we talked about this last night...

Fair enough, I hope this works, but what do I name the folder on my HDD? This guide says to rename WWW to HBL, but the HBL thread says to leave it as is when hosting it.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
SD card :

SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew launcher/icon.png
SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew launcher/meta.xml

web server : either browser to your IP:Port with the files in the root of your webserver directory .. or place them in a folder and browse to your IP/<foldername>:Port

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD card :

web server : either browser to your IP:Port with the files in the root of your webserver directory .. or place them in a folder and browse to your IP/<foldername>:Port

Gonna try again :P

Edit: Self-host keeps going crazy and telling me it couldn't be found on SD

Edit: Tried wj44's site, same error, could not find elf.

Dammit :(

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did u try my site?

I tried wj44's site, I have all the files set up properly on my SD card, and still it doesn't work. Maybe my SD card isn't compatible. Your site is http://http://www wj44.ml right? Yes, I tried that.
I haven't tried the WiiuBru site yet, I fear it will yield the same results, but I'll let you know.

I'm starting to get really disenchanted with this.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiubru is mine... it works for others...

I think my SD card is effed up.

As you can see in the image

http://i.imgur.com/8n5jUks.png

The folders and files are in their proper spots. I did get an error when I loaded my SD prompting Windows to scan it for errors. *sigh* I'm really starting lose my sanity.

"Could not load file /wiiu/.......homebrew_launcher.elf. :hateit:

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, I hope this works, but what do I name the folder on my HDD? This guide says to rename WWW to HBL, but the HBL thread says to leave it as is when hosting it.
It doesn't matter what the name is, as long as your webserver points at the folder with all of the files directly inside.

SD card :

Self-host keeps going crazy and telling me it couldn't be found on SD

Edit: Tried wj44's site, same error, could not find elf.

Dammit :(
Could it be the space in the file path? Just a thought. Idr if mine is like that or if it's just HBL. Make it without the space. And also make sure that all of the files are directly inside your WWW folder (on PC) and your "homebrew launcher" folder (on SD), or whatever you want to call them. Not supposed to be nested folders.

EDIT: delete files, redownload from github, and try it again. Maybe corrupted.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

kimmy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The "apps" folder is suppose to be inside a folder called "wiiu"

From your screenie, looks like your "apps" folder is in the root directory and not the "wiiu" folder?

Reactions: fiveighteen

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what the name is, as long as your webserver points at the folder with all of the files directly inside.

Could it be the space in the file path? Just a thought. Idr if mine is like that or if it's just HBL. Make it without the space. And also make sure that all of the files are directly inside your WWW folder (on PC) and your "homebrew launcher" folder (on SD), or whatever you want to call them. Not supposed to be nested folders.

EDIT: delete files, redownload from github, and try it again. Maybe corrupted.

Well I feel like an idiot, I got the HBL to load, but now I got GX2 loaded but no games show up. I didn't realize that that too, redid its folder hierarchy. Boy is my face red.

From your screenie, looks like your "apps" folder is in the root directory and not the "wiiu" folder?

Yeah, that was kinda foolish of me to not realize, and now my games don't show up. So, yeah, no idea what to do about that, VC games don't have game ID that I can find.

This is definitely it.

SD:/wiiu/apps/

Probably need to change your game folder names to include the [ID6]. Read through the Loadiine GX2 OP.

Also, FWIW, I've been using Loadiine GX2 v1.2 RC1 without issues as well. (Recommend deleting config

Well, the OP says I have to have a meta folder, which I don't have, and I don't know what to do about that. VC games have no game ID that can be searched as far as I know, that's all I have on my SD card for Loadiine GX2, no retail games.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is definitely it.

SD:/wiiu/apps/
Well I feel like an idiot, I got the HBL to load, but now I got GX2 loaded but no games show up. I didn't realize that that too, redid its folder hierarchy. Boy is my face red.
Probably need to change your game folder names to include the [ID6]. Read through the Loadiine GX2 OP.

Also, FWIW, I've been using Loadiine GX2 v1.2 RC1 without issues as well.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb